Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

ClutchDJ

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he literally went on his show and addressed it face to face...

Still doesn’t change the fact he kept going back and forth with him on twitter. Which is what Colin wanted. He’s still young so I don’t fault him he needs to let his game do the talking.

Baker knows about Mahomes, right? 13-16 record in college and replaced him at Texas Tech, then won the MVP last year. Kid was pretty good... 

Mayfield has a big mouth, everyone knew pre-draft he talked trash constantly. It's football though, you don't need everyone to like you, and if you can win your fanbase will idolize you. It seemed pretty obvious he'd make some headlines then, this isn't anything shocking. He loves the limelight, and will always be a polarizing player. He will get the Cutler treatment by a lot of media outlets even if he doesn't deserve it because he puts himself out there.

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Even more notable today are OBJ's comments about the Giants.

"They traded me there to die".

You're playing with your best friend and one of the best young QBs in the NFL. Just shut up dude.

Sounds like he already loves Cleveland 😂

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He 100000% should've done this. You're either bought in or you're not. Baker ain't bought in.

I went into this thread with no strong opinion of either Daniel Jones or Baker Mayfield. I'm now 100% on the Baker train, and pretty confident that the only thing more boring than Daniel Jones' name is his personality. I'm expecting him to profoundly bust tbh.

45 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Neither Browns game thus far was on TV by me, and it's almost like season ticket packages are a way to gouge fans for an extra 2 tickets that they don't want (thanks owners). 50% of the Rams squad didn't even travel to their last preseason game, but sure, it really means a lot. 

Considering he was the 6th overall pick of the draft by the biggest market in the country, for his sake he'd better look good so far.

Eeeeeeek. Lawrence as a huge DT in today's NFL, I would have berated that pick for sure...let alone the philosophy of "waiting" to get your franchise QB. I've seen the Browns do this for 20 years only to see it blow up every single time.

With a thin lower body, an average to below average release WITH a hitch/windup, forcing it into traffic regularly in college, major fumbling issues, and sloppy off platform footwork.

The dropoff from what you want from a 6th overall to 32nd overall pick is significant, especially when the year before, Dave Gettleman said that he wanted "immediate impact/the best available" player in Barkley and then basically says Jones is going to sit...you can't have it both ways Dave, sorry.

They do not show Browns games on TV?  I have got NFL Network for free the past few weeks so been watching a lot on there along with the local game.  I follow prospects very closely and love watching guys on new teams and how they look in the NFL.  How does the development of young players on your football team mean nothing?  Especially when there is no summer league or minor league to develop with in game live action in a stadium.  Preseason is important and who cares if some teams have starters not play, good luck with that look at how Jimmy G was out there, you need to get that timing down and get accustomed to game speed and how your teammates react on the field.

I disagree with Jones having a thin lower body, he is not Teddy Bridgewater out there, he is thick enough I would say and does not have a huge injury history in college either.  I like his release and he puts good velocity on the ball too.  Threw more than a few nice fade balls as well and a few nice deep passes. Had some fumbles this past game but threw it well. Sure might not start right away but who cares and the Eli Manning connection with him being coached by the same coach in college is clearly a huge part in why the Giants liked him so much is because Eli new him.

I think Dexter Lawrence has a ton of potential and he was the 17th pick not the 32 pick.  If Jones was the 17th pick no one would have cared and Lawrence the 6th pick.  Sure Haskins would have made sense but again the Eli connection with Daniel Jones they went with Jones.  Dexter Lawrence could be a star in the NFL, and if the NFL all of a sudden does not want 6-4 340 pound DT with a lot of power and athletic ability, then the game in general has gone to hell.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I went into this thread with no strong opinion of either Daniel Jones or Baker Mayfield. I'm now 100% on the Baker train, and pretty confident that the only thing more boring than Daniel Jones' name is his personality. I'm expecting him to profoundly bust tbh.

I present to you:

Daniel Jones looks like what you'd get if you did one of those AI "The Average face of a white college student" generators.

• Like 1