Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

ClutchDJ

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I prefer a generation of athletes that will say the truth how they see it, compared to the michael jordan, tom Brady and peyton Manning's who can talk for a long time and say nothing.

Maybe this is one of the reasons why his players have won so much in their career.Sometimes, even if it's boring to hear, it's better to do that.Other players like Baker need to realize that your actions on the field are more important than anything else.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Still waiting for the 15 page thread criticizing Jerry Jones for "Zeke who", since that's a direct insult at a player he's negotiating a contract extension with to prevent a holdout.

The difference is that even if it was disrespectful the comments of Jerry Jones to Zeke,it had something to do with his team

Mayfield's comments about Daniel Jones had nothing to do with his team, his division or even his conference! Te Giants are not even in the same conference that the Browns and they do not even have the Giants in their schedule this year!

I had no problem with Myles Garrett's comments after his draft on Roethlisberger, but the comments on Mayfield on Jones? ... C'mon ... That would have been one thing if it would have been on a QB like Lamar Jackson who is in the same division that him, but take a shot at another QB in another conference?

3 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The difference is that even if it was disrespectful the comments of Jerry Jones to Zeke,it had something to do with his team

Mayfield's comments about Daniel Jones had nothing to do with his team, his division or even his conference! Te Giants are not even in the same conference that the Browns and they do not even have the Giants in their schedule this year!

I had no problem with Myles Garrett's comments after his draft on Roethlisberger, but the comments on Mayfield on Jones? ... C'mon ... That would have been one thing if it would have been on a QB like Lamar Jackson who is in the same division that him, but take a shot at another QB in another conference?

So the comments are straight up detrimental instead of just meaningless trash talk.

Not a good argument.

15 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

He said he couldn't believe they drafted him 6th. He didn't say he sucked, the headlines are confusing people. Even the article from GQ makes it clear he wasn't talking about Jones with the wins comment that is just an angle people are using for clicks.

1 hour ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Maybe this is one of the reasons why his players have won so much in their career.Sometimes, even if it's boring to hear, it's better to do that.Other players like Baker need to realize that your actions on the field are more important than anything else.

ah, thats exactly why those guys were winners, they didnt talk...

of course actions are more important on the field but what is Baker suppose to do? its the offseason and he is going interviews for people. The reporter spent enough time around baker and made a point to harper on the Jones stuff cause he knew he could turn that into click bait and get people talking about the article 

Why are people surprised by this stuff.

Baker stated he isnt a cookie cutter QB. That he isnt going to be some PC QB. He said that after the stuff with Hue Jackson. The dude is going to speak his mind. He wont grab the mic and just start spouting off but if something presents itself or someone asks. He will give his opinion.

media asks about Hue, he speaks his mind

media asks about Duke, he speaks his mind

He sees a Daniel Jones segment not too long after the draft, he speaks his mind that he was surprised he went to the Giants.

The dude is going to turn himself into a great interviewee but reporters will need to know, if they burn Baker, he wont do interviews with them. There were a few Cleveland reports who ripped on Baker pre-draft ans one said he would retire if the Browns selected baker and now Baker wont give that beat guy time of day for an interview. Now the way the GQ guy spun that article, he prolly wont get another shot at Baker and GQ might not get another shot for an interview like that. 

2 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I'm not really endorsing what Baker said, tbh I havent read it. 

It is also a wider cultural movement where people are fed up with the PC lines that say nothing.  Football is a complicated game, it isnt the team of champions that wins, rather the champion team, it will be interesting to see where bakers apprassive ride together or die together personality lead too.

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Ok.  Still if Jones was taken by New England, or even if New England traded up to get him no one would question it. 

It's almost as if New England and Bill B should get the benefit of the doubt in the talent analysis department, what with 6 super bowl rings and developing TB12 and then trading Jimmy G and whatnot.

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Giants do it and everyone is like you dumb Fer. 

Dave Gettleman brought that upon himself when he contradicted his own logic from the previous draft. 

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

PS the Patriots draft looks awesome, their top 5 picks have played very well in the preseason. 

It's the Patriots. Like I said, they will and should get the benefit of the doubt ALL THE TIME. That said, they DID NOT draft Jones, and they DID NOT trade up for him, so saying "IF" doesn't hold any water with me.

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

And Maybe the Giants took a little gamble on Daniel Jones because they liked him and thought the Jaguars, Bengals , Dolphins or Redskins were going to pick a QB and Jones would be gone at 17.

I agree, minus the "little" gamble. They took a BIG ONE. If he pans out, no one will care that they "reached" on him. However, if he doesn't, and IF Haskins has a better career, it will be a 1:1 comparison for the rest of their careers, especially with it being an NFC East thing. It's just like the Browns passing on Ben Roethlisberger...that comparison will always be there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Browns QB says something that's unanimously regarded as out of pocket and obnoxious?

Or that it was taken completely out of context by the media?

Call Hines Ward a cheap shot artist

Yes

and Ray Lewis a murderer.

Actually, I said that he was "ALLEGEDLY" a "DOUBLE" murderer.

Lmao this is what happens when your team has had no success since '99.

Yes it is.

Now ask yourself this fellow non-browns forumers: how obnoxious will this fan base get if they DO have success?

VERY

Smh buncha muppets 

tenor.gif?itemid=11859305

CarelessExcitableHorsefly-size_restricte

sbWuF.gif

8 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

known ****** says douchey thing: more at 11

This is Baker's schtick. He's a "blunt person", he "tells it how it is"

All fun and games as long as you're winning

Granted he has a losing record as a starting QB 

A losing record is really a technicality, he's 7-7 in appearances with one being when he came in relief and mounted a 14 point comeback that doesn't count as a win for him. Since context doesn't matter for these quotes I guess the context that he took over a 1-31 team and went 7-7 is irrelevant.