Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

ClutchDJ

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Thanks for proving my point

And Ed Reed too. It's also funny how the "illegal crack back/blindside block" was implemented basically thanks solely to him. Today, that's a major fine.

He also scored a TD in the midst of a domestic terrorist attack in Gotham City.

*DOUBLE* and *ALLEGEDLY a murderer*

First of all I didnt really prove your point because there are very few players I actually hate and Baker is not one of them either.

The crack back block wasnt a cheap shot, it was perfectly legal. The rule was made because of him and perhaps it should've been made long before him. I'm not happy ppl were hurt, but in the end, they took the right step to eliminate it.

There is, imo, no allegation, there is just the highly paid officials who covered it up.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I want more Bill B and Gregg P interviews, and Baker is the QB version that we all secretly want. Smoking Baker memes will make Jay Cutler irrelevant (just the way Jay wants it tbh). 

The NFL needs more heels, and more honestly in interviews. But somehow whenever someone doesn't follow that fake autopilot say nothing but talk for 30 seconds script people freak out.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The NFL needs more heels, and more honestly in interviews. But somehow whenever someone doesn't follow that fake autopilot say nothing but talk for 30 seconds script people freak out.

I think it's crazy how you struggle to see the inappropriateness of this particular comment.

They're not even from the same draft class. It's not like the Giants passed over Baker Mayfield, he was taken #1 overall. Wtf was the motivation here? What was the point? What did who the Giants selected in the draft have to do with him? Why was it necessary for him to even have a public opinion on it?

He is supposedly the 50th best player in the NFL, and the Browns are supposedly gonna win the AFCN by a landslide. None of that is gonna happen if he is more focused on what the Giants are doing than what he is doing for the Browns.

Go ahead, come up with a reason, a legit, good reason anything I just said isnt 100% true. I will wait.

You want truth, I just gave it to you 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tom cody said:

I agree with Baker. I think Jones is going to end up being a bust. 

And had Tom Brady said that, a guy who has earned the right to evaluate the skills of players perhaps, that would've been different. Until Baker achieves something truly noteworthy he just needs to stfu

• Like 2

Just now, wwhickok said:

I think it's crazy how you struggle to see the inappropriateness of this particular comment.

They're not even from the same draft class. It's not like the Giants passed over Baker Mayfield, he was taken #1 overall. Wtf was the motivation here? What was the point? What did who the Giants selected in the draft have to do with him? Why was it necessary for him to even have a public opinion on it?

He is supposedly the 50th best player in the NFL, and the Browns are supposedly gonna win the AFCN by a landslide. None of that is gonna happen if he is more focused on what the Giants are doing than what he is doing for the Browns.

Go ahead, come up with a reason, a legit, good reason anything I just said isnt 100% true. I will wait.

You want truth, I just gave it to you 

I don't think it's a smart thing to say. The smart thing to say is the stupid, autopilot script answer that every NFL player gives about everything so that there aren't any stories about it.

But I appreciate that the guy is being honest. The NFL needs more of that. This is entertaining, and the NFL is an entertainment product. 

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't think it's a smart thing to say. The smart thing to say is the stupid, autopilot script answer that every NFL player gives about everything so that there aren't any stories about it.

But I appreciate that the guy is being honest. The NFL needs more of that. This is entertaining, and the NFL is an entertainment product. 

He is being honest about something he shouldn't even be talking about.

A better answer would have been, "they have a GM for a reason, I ain't him, it ain't my team, they can do what they want and we can win"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You’d be singing a different tune if he dropped a line like “Jared Goff is a below average quarterback that wouldn’t succeed without McVay”. Which many football fans believe, yet it would be classless for a player to point out

Edited by Gmen

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

A better answer would have been, "they have a GM for a reason, I ain't him, it ain't my team, they can do what they want and we can win"

He's promoting himself by talking about the Giants.

I won't be dissatisfied if he crumbles this year.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It's a magazine asking him about his opinion on a draft pick for an entertainment league, not him testifying under oath about classified information from the pentagon.

This is entertaining. It's good for the NFL. A league full of robot Russell Wilsons following the same stupid script would be boring. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Never had one issue with Baker's antics most were in game competition and appeared to be having fun/firing up teammates.  You can rally behind a player like that.

That is until now.  Taking a shot at a rookie QB not even on your team or even in your division.  Not a great look.  

Keep in mind he has also taken a shot at Giants fans recently. When talking about OBJ:  “He’s here (in Cleveland) to play in front of fans who actually care, who will actually show up to every game and pack the stadium and love him for who he is.”

He's got a big mouth and I really don't understand why he keeps taking shots at the Giants- the team and the fans. There is literally no reason.

On the bright side, the Giants are apparently so good at mind games, that they got into Baker's head without trying at all.

Edited by minutemancl

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t understand this from him at all.

The Duke Johnson comments bothered me. These recent comments are just dumb.

I love his attitude for the most part. His teammates love him.

But I don't get it either. Keep the comments out of the media, you're just creating drama where it doesn't exist. 

• Like 2