2018 NFL Draft Thread

Louis Friend

4 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Only two elite pass rushers in this class. The internet fell behind on Davenport because someone decided he was raw and everyone repeated it. He isn't very raw though. 

Wasn't he getting worked at the Senior Bowl for the better part of the week?

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Wasn't he getting worked at the Senior Bowl for the better part of the week?

NO, he was doing really well actually. lol.

I actually agree with the above post. One guy said he's raw from a small school and every fan ate it up. When you go back and look... he's got a history of production and just athletic ability you can't "teach". I mean did people actually expect UTSA coaches to teach him everything upper college coaches can/NFL coaches? He'll get better even with technique/ more moves, etc.

Someone even said he can't play in space though he's done it his WHOLE college career...

6 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I actually agree with the above post. One guy said he's raw from a small school and every fan ate it up. When you go back and look... he's got a history of production and just athletic ability you can't "teach".

Just watched a clip on Youtube from the NFL Network's coverage. They did talk about the athleticism but also how he was adjusting to the talent level.

10 hours ago, LionsFTW said:

Ragnow was probably the most pro ready player out of any player left on the board as far as instant impact. And happened to be a positional need. I mean, who did we expect to replace Swanson without messing up another position on the line? This was best for the team, now. 

Ragnow was the most complete player on the board; he has no weaknesses. 

I like Landry but he will struggle against the run. 

I was actually gonna post in here a few days ago asking for thoughts on Ragnow but just didnt have the time. Hes a guy I really liked.

I was hoping for Penny in round 2. His vision is excellent which is an underrated quality in rbs

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Which picks had you guys scratching your heads? I was surprised that Cleveland left Bradley Chubb on the board and took Denzel Ward at 4. Penny to the Seahawks was also a bit of a shocker. Apparently some team had called Seattle about trading for Penny after he was drafted by them.

Cleveland and Buffalo messed it up again.

Allen is gonna be a complete and utter bust.

21 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I actually agree with the above post. One guy said he's raw from a small school and every fan ate it up. When you go back and look... he's got a history of production and just athletic ability you can't "teach". I mean did people actually expect UTSA coaches to teach him everything upper college coaches can/NFL coaches? He'll get better even with technique/ more moves, etc.

Someone even said he can't play in space though he's done it his WHOLE college career...

OUr DL coach was his coach lol

but I agree with the rant

32 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Or we just aren't that thrilled with Glasgow as a starter/want upgraded depth due to injury.

That would make me sad. Glasgow is a very good athlete, positionally versatile and PFF's #20 over all guard last year. I wouldn't replace him any time in the next  6 years or so ideally. 

7 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

That would make me sad. Glasgow is a very good athlete, positionally versatile and PFF's #20 over all guard last year. I wouldn't replace him any time in the next  6 years or so ideally. 

He was expected to be our OC and we just took someone in the 1st as opposed to taking Hernandez or Wynn to play LG.

I'm not looking to replace Glasgow but just batting around the idea that we could see double dipping high up if the value is there.

25 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He was expected to be our OC and we just took someone in the 1st as opposed to taking Hernandez or Wynn to play LG.

I'm not looking to replace Glasgow but just batting around the idea that we could see double dipping high up if the value is there.

I think all things considered they like him better. The guy is a great OC or OG. 

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

If his DL coach wasn't former Alabama and new Lions DL coach Bo Davis, your lack of quality coaching might ring true. Davenport is a raw rusher with good measures, improving skill and good upside. But he is raw. 

Archived