2018 NFL Draft Thread

Louis Friend

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, Rockcity2 said:

Do the lions have all there picks this year or any extras?

What do you guys think of vita vea

I want to build a wall like trump..

He's a huge NT with good athletic ability for someone at 340lbs. I think he's a good player not sure he's a real pass rushing threat though, could become one cause he does has a nice first step. Reminds me of Alan Branch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 10:41 PM, IDOG_det said:

pretty decent chance he stays in school with his season ending due to injury, Texas would be smart to offer to pay for a loss-of-value insurance policy if he stays

Usually, once a college player suffers an injury, they declare, having learned that they are not invincible and do not want to risk a second serious injury and never get drafted.

On 11/30/2017 at 8:41 PM, SimbaWho said:

He's a huge NT with good athletic ability for someone at 340lbs. I think he's a good player not sure he's a real pass rushing threat though, could become one cause he does has a nice first step. Reminds me of Alan Branch.

Cannot see him as much of a pass rusher in the NFL. A NT to be sure but in our defense, not sure it would be a great fit.

7 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

WE need a much bigger RB and will likely go for one in round 2.

Someone with decent size and burst, can catch out of the backfield on occasion. I expect Abdullah will get traded for a 5th or 6th round pick. Riddick does everything he can do, arguably better.

10 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Vea makes a lot of sense for us. I think DL is almost assuredly the pick in the first. RB in the 2nd probably. Then BPA.

Can't argue with this logic - do you expect an Edge guy or someone in the middle? I have a hard time seeing Ngata coming back. Would leave a large gap to fill. Ansah needs help, if he's even going to be back.

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Can't argue with this logic - do you expect an Edge guy or someone in the middle? I have a hard time seeing Ngata coming back. Would leave a large gap to fill. Ansah needs help, if he's even going to be back.

Given the way the draft is set up I would guess that DT is more likely. Vea,Hurst,Wilkins and Nnadi would be the main names at that point I assume. If an edge guy rises or falls to our spot though, I don't think its off the table. I have a feeling Ngata comes back for one more year and possibly Ansah on a one year, even franchise too. Then we draft 2 DL and look to draft 2 more next year basically when those guys leave and you're in good shape going forward

7 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

WE need a much bigger RB and will likely go for one in round 2.

Yup. I personally see us dealing or cutting Abdullah, signing a bigger, more proven RB and then also drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd. Riddick stays in his specialized role. He has shown he should get 5-7 carries though. 

On 11/27/2017 at 1:48 PM, Rockcity2 said:

Man Hurts got worked by price..

I just don't see a first rder in hurts

He was the most dominant defensive player in the nation this year. I think people will underestimate him due to his size not being special,l but he will dominate for a long time. Grady Jarrett is a solid comp. 

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

Given the way the draft is set up I would guess that DT is more likely. Vea,Hurst,Wilkins and Nnadi would be the main names at that point I assume. If an edge guy rises or falls to our spot though, I don't think its off the table. I have a feeling Ngata comes back for one more year and possibly Ansah on a one year, even franchise too. Then we draft 2 DL and look to draft 2 more next year basically when those guys leave and you're in good shape going forward

Not to be a homer (I'm not even from Michigan or cheer for UM) but I do like Hurst and think he fits that role. I can see us taking a run at a guy like Okafor if we let Ansah take a run at the market. I have a hard time seeing Ngata coming back. More likely he decides to retire IMO. We seem to be able to find role guys in later rounds/ UFA's and lower tier FA's. We just tend to lack a dominant force, especially since Suh left town. You can only rely on guys like Hyder for so long.

Archived