2018 NFL Draft Thread

Louis Friend

6 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

What do you guys think of Shaqueem Griffin? He is the UCF LB with one hand. He balled out at the Senior Bowl and showed he belongs. Where do you think he'll be drafted (or if he'll be drafted)? Would you want to see him in Detroit?

No idea when he'll be drafted, but Shaquem Griffin is a great player. I'd love it if the Lions drafted him, his speed would be a huge boost to the defense.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2017 at 10:05 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Connor Williams has certainly caught my eye.

I was wondering if anyone was considering ol in the first.

I know you shouldn't look to far ahead but next yrs dl class could be amazing..

And nothing that wows me at20 for dl unless maybe vita

I'm starting to lean ol with our first pick..

7 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

I really like him. I am also very good friends with his Uncle.

Much has been made of his arm length but I don’t see it as an issue. His footwork and slide more than make up for it. He’s got strong hands and a good punch.

For me, it’s all about who might be available. I just hope it’s a lineman.

Inside-outside-front-back.

13 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Much has been made of his arm length but I don’t see it as an issue. His footwork and slide more than make up for it. He’s got strong hands and a good punch.

That's cool.

I like him better at guard but dude is nasty 

14 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I'm seemingly more interested in how you know his uncle than him as a player...

On 12/14/2017 at 11:29 AM, Karnage84 said:

Someone with decent size and burst, can catch out of the backfield on occasion. I expect Abdullah will get traded for a 5th or 6th round pick. Riddick does everything he can do, arguably better.

I don’t think there’s any arguable to it. Riddick is better.

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I don’t think there’s any arguable to it. Riddick is better.

Agreed 100%. I would prefer to grab a guy like Chubb or Freeman (especially Chubb). My reservations about him due to his health seem to be going away. He had similar if not better combine numbers than Michel while being 13 lbs heavier. A backfield of Chubb, Blount and Riddick (and Abudllah if you can't get anything for him/don't feel the need to cut him) would be solid.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Agreed 100%. I would prefer to grab a guy like Chubb or Freeman (especially Chubb). My reservations about him due to his health seem to be going away. He had similar if not better combine numbers than Michel while being 13 lbs heavier. A backfield of Chubb, Blount and Riddick (and Abudllah if you can't get anything for him/don't feel the need to cut him) would be solid.

I would be happy with either. I like freeman a little more but I’d be fine with Chubb.

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I would be happy with either. I like freeman a little more but I’d be fine with Chubb.

Some commenters are of the belief that Blount would be best paired with a breakaway threat. Blount is signed to a one-year deal. We need to bring in a guy to be our future back. We have Riddick and diet Theo Riddick (Abdullah) on the roster. Both guys are a little quicker and better receivers than Blount. We'll need a guy with some size who can move the chains in 2019 and onward. Chubb and Freeman are both a good size and run a bit faster than Blount. That would be ideal for me. You're also not taking either of these guys in the first. Likely can wait until rounds 2- 4.

I’ve been on the Freeman band wagon from the start. Visited my sister in Oregon & got to go to a game & see him in action. He’s the real deal. The highlight videos don’t show his power. They need a video showing how he hits the line & pushes defenders back or runs over them. Great hands for catching the ball, looks like a WR/TE. After a great play or TD he doesn’t make a scene, ala Barry Sanders. He would be great with Blount. All I know is Quinn has met with him, which is a good thing. Hope we get him. He’ll be a stud.

6 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm seemingly more interested in how you know his uncle than him as a player...

We worked on projects together over the years. We met on a course in Oklahoma City many years ago. At the time we were both managers in our respective ATC fields specializing in air traffic flow management. We were participants in the FAA end of season review each year as well as the severe weather avoidance program. That’s a process put in place when summer thunderstorms choke off the trans con routes in the U.S. The traffic is moved North and flows through Canadian airspace until clear of weather. It’s an extremely complex operation that takes a bunch of coordination.

On 3/21/2018 at 1:17 PM, Rockcity2 said:

Wynn or Hernandez would be ok by me. There are pass rushers and rb's available later, but those two can both play

On 1/29/2018 at 6:13 PM, IDOG_det said:

No idea when he'll be drafted, but Shaquem Griffin is a great player. I'd love it if the Lions drafted him, his speed would be a huge boost to the defense.

no thanks, undersized. and honestly how is he supposed to wrap up? This is the NFL...not college...i do wish him luck though.

Archived