2018 NFL Draft Thread

Louis Friend

31 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

okay what tape? where would you draft him? and wheere would he play?

What do you mean "what tape"...the tape of him at UCF...there's plenty for you to find with a quick google search or youtube search. I wouldn't draft him in the 1st or 2nd for the Lions because they currently need to use those picks on LG and DT. But, if the Lions needed a linebacker like they do LG/DT, I'd be very happy to have him in the late 1st/high 2nd. He can play LB. He can play in the slot and be an elite LB in coverage. He can take on blocks, just watch him play its clear to see. He can rush the passer. He's an elite athlete. Watch the Auburn game where's he's running twice as fast as everyone else in the 4th quarter making plays no one else can make. If he two hands everyone would hype him up like he was the 1b to Roquan Smith's 1a.

8 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

What do you mean "what tape"...the tape of him at UCF...there's plenty for you to find with a quick google search or youtube search. I wouldn't draft him in the 1st or 2nd for the Lions because they currently need to use those picks on LG and DT. But, if the Lions needed a linebacker like they do LG/DT, I'd be very happy to have him in the late 1st/high 2nd. He can play LB. He can play in the slot and be an elite LB in coverage. He can take on blocks, just watch him play its clear to see. He can rush the passer. He's an elite athlete. Watch the Auburn game where's he's running twice as fast as everyone else in the 4th quarter making plays no one else can make. If he two hands everyone would hype him up like he was the 1b to Roquan Smith's 1a.

Elite coverage?  He's not the best shedding blocks. You sure throw the word elite around.. 

13 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Wynn or Hernandez would be ok by me. There are pass rushers and rb's available later, but those two can both play

Depending on what the Lions are expecting out of Sylvester Williams, I guess we could go that route. I still think a DT like Payne or Edge/LB like Landry or Evans are my favourites in round 1. I also wouldn't hate it if we selected Josh Jackson or Denzel Ward if they're there. Not my ideal choice but depending on how things fall we could use help opposite of Slay.

21 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Depending on what the Lions are expecting out of Sylvester Williams, I guess we could go that route. I still think a DT like Payne or Edge/LB like Landry or Evans are my favourites in round 1. I also wouldn't hate it if we selected Josh Jackson or Denzel Ward if they're there. Not my ideal choice but depending on how things fall we could use help opposite of Slay.

Lorenzo Carter needs some love... I have him as a must get for this team 

Personally have him ahead of Landry and Evans 

Don't like the first rd corners other than ward

• 2 weeks later...

I like Frank Ragnow alot. He's been a guy I've liked since last year and seems to be steadily climbing draft boards through this process. I hope Lions can come away with Wynn/Ragnow in the draft and plug them into the interior as starters.

Seen the Guice stuff, looks like they're doing their homework on the kid. Don't know what exactly to make of this cause this stuff happens every offseason and we pass on guys... or pick them... lol, so idk really. I just get encouraged when we bring in good players to be evaluated. He's a guy I can buy into but isn't my favorite selection at 20 with no real stand out solutions, imo, at LG.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone is enamored with what Quinn will do at #20, but I'm more interested in the later rounds. That's where good teams find talent. Three guys I've been watching film on are CBs Donte Jackson, Josh Jackson and Mike Hughes. I like their size and athleticism. All three guys are projected to be non-first round players, most likely end of rd 2 to rd 4 in the draft. I think pairing any of the three with Slay and bringing on Tabor could give the Lions an outstanding secondary.

Who are some day 2 & 3 guys you like? 

Archived