Jimmy Garoppolo

Elky

8 minutes ago, Starless said:

It's preseason and he hadn't played competitive football in 11 months. If he still looks like this in October then it'll be reason to worry.

He’s not a young QBs. He’s a seasoned veteran my guy. Bs excuses that he’s allowed to get away with but not other QBs. 

21 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

He’s not a young QBs. He’s a seasoned veteran my guy. Bs excuses that he’s allowed to get away with but not other QBs. 

lol okay. He's started 10 games in his career and is coming off a torn ACL but whatever.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Starless said:

lol okay. He's started 10 games in his career and is coming off a torn ACL but whatever.

I think it all stems back to people thinking (myself included) that he got paid a ungodly amount of money for essentially nothing. And now he looks bad so it makes his payday look even worse.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I think it all stems back to people thinking (myself included) that he got paid a ungodly amount of money for essentially nothing. And now he looks bad so it makes his payday look even worse.

Yeah, the contract was excessive for sure. But the Niners can cut bait after this season without much dead money so it's not such a massive sunk cost for them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I think part of it is fear of getting reinjured. Rushing his throws in fear of getting hit.

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

He's coming from a season ending injury, and QBs tend to struggle after that.  I don't put any stock towards practice reps and the preseason for QBs though.  Preseason is meaningless.

Combine these two and you have your proper summation of him.  Physically, yes it's very do-able for players to come back from the kind of injury he suffered in 9-11 months, but it's pretty rare for a player to step right back in and trust the repaired body part straight out or not be a little gunshy and concerned about reinjury.  Let's not pretend like we haven't seen it in the past that QB's, in particular, coming off knee surgeries didn't have some hiccups when first returning and fans were quick to rush to judgment to label them "done" or "no longer the same."  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Combine these two and you have your proper summation of him.  Physically, yes it's very do-able for players to come back from the kind of injury he suffered in 9-11 months, but it's pretty rare for a player to step right back in and trust the repaired body part straight out or not be a little gunshy and concerned about reinjury.  Let's not pretend like we haven't seen it in the past that QB's, in particular, coming off knee surgeries didn't have some hiccups when first returning and fans were quick to rush to judgment to label them "done" or "no longer the same."  

You're right. Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger are both good examples. Let us not forget, despite a slow start by Brady after his knee injury they went on to the SB. So it wasnt all bad.

Ben struggled mightily for a while with injuries until we finally addressed the Oline. Each time he came back he had to knock off the rust. What's happening now doesnt suggest anything, good or bad, about Jimmy other than the fact he just has to knock off the rust and regain his rhythm which comes with snaps.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You're right. Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger are both good examples. Let us not forget, despite a slow start by Brady after his knee injury they went on to the SB. So it wasnt all bad.

Ben struggled mightily for a while with injuries until we finally addressed the Oline. Each time he came back he had to knock off the rust. What's happening now doesnt suggest anything, good or bad, about Jimmy other than the fact he just has to knock off the rust and regain his rhythm which comes with snaps.

what year do you mean? Brady suffered torn ACL in 08. Was decent in 09 but didn't return to old form until 2010

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

what year do you mean? Brady suffered torn ACL in 08. Was decent in 09 but didn't return to old form until 2010

You're right, there was a bigger gap in 'return to form' than I recall but that is the gap I was referring to. What I was trying to illustrate is that his talent and production suffered coming back from injury but ultimately he got back to form and did great things.

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So, we've all come to the conclusion that Jimmy now sucks? That's the board's stance now?

It wasn't that long ago that he was on people's top 10 list. Have we really had enough info inbetween?

Not remotely my stance. My stance is let him have his time to get comfortable in the pocket again and then we can see how he does. If ppl are really judging him at this point it makes you a fool 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starless said:

He’s 28 years old my guy. Been in many meetings and has learned behind the goat in Brady and Bill. Under a mastermind in Kyle. He’s getting a ish load of excuses. Rodgers sat and learned.. Jenny G Is a scrub.