How much would Justin Tucker cost in a trade?

brownie man

1st or bust. We've seen what it's like around the league, it's not easy to find a quality kicker, let alone an elite one like Tucker. Throw in the fact that he accounts for a significant part of our scoring and it would be hard to part with him for anything else. With that said, no team is going to trade that for him and we're unlikely to ever put his name out there in trade talks, so it's all a moot point.

• Like 4

If you have a solid roster all around and think you have a chance to win a Super Bowl next season, I would trade a 2nd with it potentially becoming a 1st if our team makes the Super Bowl. If a team like the Saints, Rams, Patriots, Chiefs, and so on had a terrible kicker then it would be something to consider 

51 minutes ago, August4th said:

I would give a 2nd RD pick for him. kickers can last forever

Even the most reliable kicker can lose it in a hurry. Look at what happened to Blair Walsh and Martin Gramatica, for instance. 

I wouldn't trade more than a late 5th for a kicker, no matter how good he was.

20 minutes ago, Starless said:

Even the most reliable kicker can lose it in a hurry. Look at what happened to Blair Walsh and Martin Gramatica, for instance. 

I wouldn't trade more than a late 5th for a kicker, no matter how good he was.

Neither one of those  guys sustained their "excellent" play for more than 2-3 seasons. Gramatica's best years (99-02) he was still sitting in the low 80% range of FG%.

Blair Walsh never hit 90% again besides his rookie year, and only in 2 of his next 5 seasons eclipsed 85%.

Justin Tucker has never been below 82.5% in his career, and his average is 90%. Oh, an in that 82.5% year (2015), his misses were all from beyond 50 yards. His only other "miss" was a kick in SF, which spawned this notorious gif of their turf:

Image result for justin tucker sf gif

So I mean yeah, kickers can lose it in a hurry and at any time. Justin Tucker just ain't that dude.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 10

50 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

If you have a solid roster all around and think you have a chance to win a Super Bowl next season, I would trade a 2nd with it potentially becoming a 1st if our team makes the Super Bowl. If a team like the Saints, Rams, Patriots, Chiefs, and so on had a terrible kicker then it would be something to consider 

I agree with this. He's still young enough where you'd get plenty of good years out of him. But your kicker would have to be awful to not just roll with who you've got.