How much would Justin Tucker cost in a trade?

brownie man

37 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yall are smoking crack if you think anything more than a day three pick is worth getting a kicker.

The Titans grabbed Succop from waivers and he set a kicking record the next season.

Different situation. 

and to be fair, his first 3 seasons with Tennessee were his 3 best seasons throughout his 8 year career at that time. 

Prior to that he posted FG%s of, 
09 - 86.2%
10 - 76.9%
11 - 80%
12 - 82.4%
13 - 78.6%

Not even in the same stratosphere as Tucker.. Succop is what we have classified in this thread as a replaceable kicker. 

18 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Different situation. 

and to be fair, his first 3 seasons with Tennessee were his 3 best seasons throughout his 8 year career at that time. 

Prior to that he posted FG%s of, 
09 - 86.2%
10 - 76.9%
11 - 80%
12 - 82.4%
13 - 78.6%

Not even in the same stratosphere as Tucker.. Succop is what we have classified in this thread as a replaceable kicker. 

And it doesn't matter.  The line between a great kicker and a replaceable kicker is tiny.  And like I said, he set a record for most consecutive field goals from less than 50.

But I guess you're right, the Raiders were always such a great team after they got Janikowski.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

And it doesn't matter.  The line between a great kicker and a replaceable kicker is tiny.  And like I said, he set a record for most consecutive field goals from less than 50.

But I guess you're right, the Raiders were always such a great team after they got Janikowski.

This is objectively false, but okay.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is objectively false, but okay.

Actually, you're right.  I'll rephrase it: the line between what a replaceable kicker does for your team overall, and what a great kicker does for your team is tiny.

Just now, Daniel said:

Actually, you're right.  I'll rephrase it: the line between what a replaceable kicker does for your team overall, and what a great kicker does for your team is tiny.

The difference between Billy Cundiff in 2011 and Justin Tucker in 2012 for those Ravens teams was literally a super bowl lol

• Like 5

Maybe a 3rd if I was absolutely desperate and it would be an overpay. I cannot imagine anyone thinking a 1st would be in play. Tucker is the best kicker in the league but there are so many other kickers that provide relatively similar production. Tucker was a 89.7% kicker last year. The 20th kicker was 83.9%. Over the course of the year that would be just 1.5 more made field goals. The smarter decision would be to use that first to help bolster the offense so that you don't have to rely as much on a kicker. The Chiefs have a really good kicker and he only had the 20th most attempts because that offense was so effective at finishing off drives. 

From a value standpoint why would a team trade a 1st for Tucker when you can probably trade a 6th and get Matt Prater?

Edited by LeotheLion

19 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

We starting at a 1st rounder. Don't got no wrap for any team unless we're starting there.

I wouldn't spend a 1st. I'd give a 2nd for Tucker though. Draft picks are overrated and Tucker is the most valuable kicker in the league.