Cowboys extend LB Jaylon Smith

RaidersAreOne

This tells me that Cowboys management is going about this situation the right way, which is refreshing to see that they’re not going to immediately cater to Dak’s demands.  Smith deserves every bit of this pay day.  Him and Vander Esch are so good in coverage they can just roam from sideline to sideline, leaving Lawrence to just focus on doing what he does best and attack the line of scrimmage at will

Lets see who’s next to get signed long term.  I have a feeling that it’s gonna be Amari Cooper due to the fact that his contract expires at the end of this season 

• Like 4

Just now, footbull3196 said:

This tells me that Cowboys management is going about this situation the right way, which is refreshing to see that they’re not going to immediately cater to Dak’s demands.  Smith deserves every bit of this pay day.  Him and Vander Esch are so good in coverage they can just roam from sideline to sideline, leaving Lawrence to just focus on doing what he does best and attack the line of scrimmage at will

Lets see who’s next to get signed long term.  I have a feeling that it’s gonna be Amari Cooper due to the fact that his contract expires at the end of this season 

Call me crazy too but I haven't heard any demands from Amari. Makes sense it would be him next.

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Call me crazy too but I haven't heard any demands from Amari. Makes sense it would be him next.

Good point, I didn’t even consider that aspect of it.  Plus they gave a 1st round pick to get him and his contract expires before both dak and Zeke.  It seems like things are starting to fall into place for them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

It's a nice problem to have tbh. So many elite level players (except Dak) that you have to choose which ones to sign

Alternatively, you have to choose which ones to let go of. Where do you take losses on your team?

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

based on what? LB is more important than DL. Great LBs cover, blitz, stuff the run and organize the defense. Pass rush <coverage. DB > LB > DL. LVE is on rookie deal and Lee will be gone. 

Huh?  Maybe you just mean two-gapping, run-stuffing DL.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 3