Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Cowboys extend LB Jaylon Smith

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

 

It's great to see a young man like this realizing his dreams and getting ahead.  Good for him, and props to the Cowboys for taking a chance on him when every other team in the league passed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I never thought of Shazier as a top 5 MLB tbh. 

 

And the steeelers issues were beying Shazier. That was a team full of drama.’

Shazier had an all-pro caliber season before his injury in 2017 against the Bengals

Yes the steelers had way too much drama in their team but Shazier's injury also hurt the Steelers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Shazier had an all-pro caliber season before his injury in 2017 against the Bengals

Yes the steelers had way too much drama in their team but Shazier's injury also hurt the Steelers.

Idk my guy. Cory Littleton for the rams had a monster year at ILB and yet he wasn’t signed to big money. He had one of the most underrated seasons.. Yet not a peep. 

 

 

125 Tackles- 4 Sacks- 3 Ints.. 9 TFL.. 

 

If Hbs are easily replaceable than are MLBs. That’s a great season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gmen said:

This doesn’t make any sense 😂

A. Saquon can’t run the ball if the quarterback fumbles it or throws an int

B. You don’t make any sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Tyty said:

A. Saquon can’t run the ball if the quarterback fumbles it or throws an int

B. You don’t make any sense 

Sheesh you’re really stretching here bud. Nice try though.

Back on topic, a few years ago Jerry was jonesing (pun intended) for the 49ers inside linebackers Willis and Bowman. He may actually have the best duo in the league now. Unfortunately it’s the least important position on defense in today’s NFL. I’d much rather have the best CB duo, safety duo, DE duo or DT duo. It’s like having the best pair of guards on offense.

Edited by Gmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaylon all but said that he took a price cut because he knows being a Cowboys will bring him plenty of opportunities to make money outside a player contract. Also they took a major chance drafting him high in the second round and paying him never knowing if he would ever play again. You could tell he was grateful and felt he owed them in a way. Also Jaylon understands to be a great team you need to spread the money around. He going to Brady approach.

Jerry is a mess but he didn't lie when he said that being a Cowboy opens many doors for you. Heck how many broadcasters were former Cowboys last season? We literally had one on each network.I don't fault this players for wanting their money. Get that money but I can also see Jaylon;s POV as well. He looking at it from a business aspect as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Jerry Jones hits on Jaylon Smiths mom in the live press conference? This man is outta control 😂😂

10:25

hahahaha 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why this feels more like a big you know what to Zeke & Dak rather than kudos to Jaylon Smith. Unusual flex but nothing Jerry Jones does surprises me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Idk my guy. Cory Littleton for the rams had a monster year at ILB and yet he wasn’t signed to big money. He had one of the most underrated seasons.. Yet not a peep. 

 

 

125 Tackles- 4 Sacks- 3 Ints.. 9 TFL.. 

 

If Hbs are easily replaceable than are MLBs. That’s a great season. 

Is that because he never had to deal with guards getting to his level because they were too busy trying to stop Donald eating them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 7:50 PM, ACO said:

Jerry is a mess but he didn't lie when he said that being a Cowboy opens many doors for you. Heck how many broadcasters were former Cowboys last season? We literally had one on each network.I don't fault this players for wanting their money. Get that money but I can also see Jaylon;s POV as well. He looking at it from a business aspect as well.

Being a Cowboy had nothing to do with them becoming broadcasters IMO.  Outside of Romo every other one you are referring to either are a SB Champion, HOF or will be! You honestly think if Michael Irvin without 3 SB Rings and a HOF jacket is employed by NFLN? After his colorful past? Has nothing outside of being a SB Champion / alltime great to do with being a Cowboy. Sorry!

Unless Jaylon, Dak , Amari and Zeke end up with similar succes (SB's/HOF type careers), there is no guaranteed money after football, that's ludicrous. They'll end up like every other former Cowboy the past 2 decades not named Tony Romo. Let's be real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great for all involved. Also let’s big price tag players know we will move forward with or without you. Zeke  I’d replace and let him sit. If Bell sucks or gets injured this season, no one will want an unused Zeke next year.

Smith slipping to the 2nd got him paid early and probably balances out over finishing contract and getting 5th year option. Either way this looks good for both sides and showing commitment. Dak and Zeke will be hard pressed to not look bad as Zeke is under contract and Dak could be franchised twice for 30 per avg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Unless Jaylon, Dak , Amari and Zeke end up with similar succes (SB's/HOF type careers), there is no guaranteed money after football, that's ludicrous. They'll end up like every other former Cowboy the past 2 decades not named Tony Romo. Let's be real.

There are loads of guys with decent gigs that didn’t have decorated NFL careers. MJD, Burleson, Hasselbeck (Tim), Hoge, etc. 

Rings and name value help and can guarantee you a spot even if you’re terrible (Sapp, Irvin) but I think it has a lot more to do with what they bring to the table either as an entertainer or an analyst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

There are loads of guys with decent gigs that didn’t have decorated NFL careers. MJD, Burleson, Hasselbeck (Tim), Hoge, etc. 

Rings and name value help and can guarantee you a spot even if you’re terrible (Sapp, Irvin) but I think it has a lot more to do with what they bring to the table either as an entertainer or an analyst. 

Ying Yang I was debunking the idea and notion that Jerry Jones is trying to sell to his players during contract negotiations. The notion that "Wearing that Star" will open up gigs and millions to be made "post NFL". Which is complete BS! Unless like I suggested you are a SB Champion,  HOF or one in the making! Anyone named Tony Romo. That's all. 

Deion, Irvin, Troy, Woodson, Moose, Romo, Witten. 6 of the 7 fit the criteria above only Romo bucked the trend of the other couple 1,000 Cowboys the past 25 years, that didn't despite that "Star" opening up so many opportunities and millions to be made.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Ying Yang I was debunking the idea and notion that Jerry Jones is trying to sell to his players during contract negotiations. The notion that "Wearing that Star" will open up gigs and millions to be made "post NFL". Which is complete BS! Unless like I suggested you are a SB Champion,  HOF or one in the making! Anyone named Tony Romo. That's all. 

Deion, Irvin, Woodson, Moose, Romo, Witten. 5 of the 6 fit the criteria above only Romo bucked the trend of the other couple 1,000 Cowboys the past 25 years, that didn't despite that "Star" opening up so many opportunities and millions to be made.

I agree with your sentiment: the Cowboys brand isn’t going to do anything substantial for these guys unless they win some chips/become HOF caliber. 

But I don’t think they’re necessarily destined to become “like every other Cowboy” that hasn’t had a football gig in their post-NFL career. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t, but I think that will have more to do with their value as either an entertainer (like Irvin or Sanders) or as an analyst (like Hasselbeck).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 4:56 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Being a Cowboy had nothing to do with them becoming broadcasters IMO.  Outside of Romo every other one you are referring to either are a SB Champion, HOF or will be! You honestly think if Michael Irvin without 3 SB Rings and a HOF jacket is employed by NFLN? After his colorful past? Has nothing outside of being a SB Champion / alltime great to do with being a Cowboy. Sorry!

Unless Jaylon, Dak , Amari and Zeke end up with similar succes (SB's/HOF type careers), there is no guaranteed money after football, that's ludicrous. They'll end up like every other former Cowboy the past 2 decades not named Tony Romo. Let's be real.

You might be right but right now the brand provides them with a lot of options, I have lost count how many commercials I have seen Cowboys in. To say being on that team doesn't provide opportunities is just silly. It is how you take advantage of them though. People will manage their money how they will. That is all folk in all walks of life but I don't blame someone like Jaylon who sees the change right now to make a lot of money and connections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×