Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrCincinnati

Week 1 Ravens @ Bengals

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

10 is too low. Dalton didn't look good in preseason but he looked putrid today. There's about 3-4 college QBs I'd take over him right now...

That line was really bad. Our worst fears about the season were realized today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

That line was really bad. Our worst fears about the season were realized today

Line was bad, Dalton was 10x worse.  This was TNF primetime terrible Dalton today.  Worse I've seen him in 3 years.

Only thing worse than Dalton was the coaching staff.  Ravens keep running the ball late and our terrible coaches decide to use our coverage LBs.  Jordan Evans should have played a lot more snaps.  Same with Mixon.  Team is going no where with Marvin being conservative...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Dalton didn't look good, I think it was more to do with how good this defense can really be if health stays positive.  Until things unraveled last year, this was the #1 D in the league with a patchwork secondary.  Add in a top flight SS, a veteran #2, a 1st round pick #3 on the back-end coupled with young up and coming studs in the front 7 (Pierce and Judon) and it's going to be a scary unit this year.  Pressure collapsing the pocket and young edge guys with burst + Sizzle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beezee said:

While Dalton didn't look good, I think it was more to do with how good this defense can really be if health stays positive.  Until things unraveled last year, this was the #1 D in the league with a patchwork secondary.  Add in a top flight SS, a veteran #2, a 1st round pick #3 on the back-end coupled with young up and coming studs in the front 7 (Pierce and Judon) and it's going to be a scary unit this year.  Pressure collapsing the pocket and young edge guys with burst + Sizzle.

I get that, but I could have played QB, took a sack on every play and still produced better than Dalton...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, who sucks less? We'll find out Thursday. Believe me when I say this is going to be a VERY bad game between two teams that can't seem to do anything right.

Bengals can't block? Texans can't rush the passer. Bengals can't stop the run? Texans can't run. Andy Dalton threw four picks? Tom Savage and Deshaun Watson were sacked 10 times. 

Seriously, there's someone in the league office who thought Texans/Bengals would be a good idea for a primetime game. I actually might catch up on 30 Rock instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

10 is too low. Dalton didn't look good in preseason but he looked putrid today. There's about 3-4 college QBs I'd take over him right now...

That's a ridiculous overreaction. 

Tom Brady once threw 4 INT's in a single day.  There were at least 5 college QB's they should have replaced with him on the spot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here's my play by play on all the turnovers:

INT #1 - Dalton sees a wide open AJ Green and doesn't notice the LB dropping underneath.  That is on Dalton.  Credit the defender for making a nice play by reaching behind him to get a hand on the pass and tip it up.  9/10 that balls go through for a completion.

INT#2 - Dalton makes a bad decision to throw off his back foot into the back of the endzone.  100% on Dalton.  Lafell wasn't even open.  There was no rush.

INT#3 - Ogbuehi doesn't engage Suggs on a quick slant.  Suggs easily jumps and tips it.  100% on Ogbuehi.  Quick passes you have to drop your rusher (or at least engage him so he can't jump), especially when the primary read is to your side, over your head.

Fumble - Easy, Ogbuehi gives up the rush to Suggs.  Dalton sat in the pocket for all of 1 second, tries to roll right and still gets hit from behind.  

INT#4 - This was one of those IDGaF-just-end-the-game throws from Dalton.  This is not a throw i'm worried about him repeating when it really matters.

Also special recognition to Dalton for throwing it away on 4th down late in the game.  That was WTF worthy.

BTW - speaking of WTF plays.  What was up with the punt in the 4th quarter?  Down three scores and you think you're going to the ball that many times?  Marvin loves to punt.  I need a T-shirt with that saying.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, theJ said:

So here's my play by play on all the turnovers:

INT #1 - Dalton sees a wide open AJ Green and doesn't notice the LB dropping underneath.  That is on Dalton.  Credit the defender for making a nice play by reaching behind him to get a hand on the pass and tip it up.  9/10 that balls go through for a completion.

INT#2 - Dalton makes a bad decision to throw off his back foot into the back of the endzone.  100% on Dalton.  Lafell wasn't even open.  There was no rush.

INT#3 - Ogbuehi doesn't engage Suggs on a quick slant.  Suggs easily jumps and tips it.  100% on Ogbuehi.  Quick passes you have to drop your rusher (or at least engage him so he can't jump), especially when the primary read is to your side, over your head.

Fumble - Easy, Ogbuehi gives up the rush to Suggs.  Dalton sat in the pocket for all of 1 second, tries to roll right and still gets hit from behind.  

INT#4 - This was one of those IDGaF-just-end-the-game throws from Dalton.  This is not a throw i'm worried about him repeating when it really matters.

Also special recognition to Dalton for throwing it away on 4th down late in the game.  That was WTF worthy.

BTW - speaking of WTF plays.  What was up with the punt in the 4th quarter?  Down three scores and you think you're going to the ball that many times?  Marvin loves to punt.  I need a T-shirt with that saying.

 

I hit some of the same points in the 5^ 5 down thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So, who sucks less? We'll find out Thursday. Believe me when I say this is going to be a VERY bad game between two teams that can't seem to do anything right.

Bengals can't block? Texans can't rush the passer. Bengals can't stop the run? Texans can't run. Andy Dalton threw four picks? Tom Savage and Deshaun Watson were sacked 10 times. 

Seriously, there's someone in the league office who thought Texans/Bengals would be a good idea for a primetime game. I actually might catch up on 30 Rock instead.

You should do that. Much less frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

You should do that. Much less frustrating.

I won't be watching.  But that's because this one is only on NFL network.

I'll watch the condensed version Friday morning, to set me in a bad mood before work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took off work this Friday (decided a few weeks ago) so I could watch the game Thursday night. Now I wish I didn't. Final score of the game will probably be something like 7-3 Texans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Yeah that 4th quarter punt had the whole stadium booing and everyone got up and left 

It brings back memories of Marvin trying to punt on 4th down with like 9 seconds left in OT several years ago.  Carson had to talk him out of punting lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theJ said:
20 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Yeah that 4th quarter punt had the whole stadium booing and everyone got up and left 

It brings back memories of Marvin trying to punt on 4th down with like 9 seconds left in OT several years ago.  Carson had to talk him out of punting lol.

Like i can sort of understand if you're on your own 10 yard line and it's 4th and 20.  But they were on the Ravens 40 and it was 4th and 7 or something short.  It was just hilariously bad.  I'd be pissed if they stood a chance, but since the game was over it just entertained me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@theJ It wasn't just the INTs. If that was all, I'd move on to the next game and hope it was just a fluke.   The plays that disappointed me the most was missing Core wide open on deep balls and throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone on a 4th down play. 

How in the hell do you explain throwing it out of bounds on a 4th down play...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×