Week 1 Ravens @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

Bengals have traditionally struggled on Thursday night games, plus the Texans have their number.

Im not very optimistic. Especially since there was very little to be optimistic about. If they bench Ogbuehi then I will feel better.

I was hanging my hat on the history of our two teams, but I legit don't know about this one. This Texans team is bad, top to bottom, on both sides of the ball.

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I was hanging my hat on the history of our two teams, but I legit don't know about this one. This Texans team is bad, top to bottom, on both sides of the ball.

It sounds like you don't know much of Dalton's history on night games.

Just now, Futbudds said:

It sounds like you don't know much of Dalton's history on night games.

Fair, but you haven't seen the Texans on prime time much. Jacoby Brissett once beat us 27-0 in prime time. Matt Hasselbeck spent the week in the hospital with a "stomach virus" and beat the Texans in prime time.

18 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

I think we can all agree that Dalton needs a clean pocket to be effective. I think we can all agree that this o line is going to be pretty sparse on clean pockets this year. Dalton needs to adapt to his new surroundings and Zampeze needs to mix up more short throws and change of direction, the pre snap movement was a good idea but not enough. The three headed monster at rb gives me at least a slice of hope to relieve some pressure.

Agree with most of that, except the 3 headed monster at RB.  I think that's making it worse.  Only back in rhythm yesterday was Bernard, and no surprise it's because he received by far and away the most snaps.  Hill is going to be a detriment to Mixon all season long.

18 minutes ago, Futbudds said:

Also if not for back the breaking turnovers (which did take some luck to fall the wrong way)  they would've been in that game easily. Besides the long drives the defense held it's own missing three starters.

Definitely agree.

18 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Fair, but you haven't seen the Texans on prime time much. Jacoby Brissett once beat us 27-0 in prime time. Matt Hasselbeck spent the week in the hospital with a "stomach virus" and beat the Texans in prime time.

Sounds like this might be a 4-2 final score.

19 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Looking at some videos from twitter, even before he got hurt, Hopkins was struggling mightily. 

He dropped two passes that would have extended early drives. I'm not sure if he's still playing hurt (he had a hand in jury during TC) but he wasn't doing well. His biggest plays were drawing to DPIs against AJ Bouye in the 2nd half. 

Pretty much every big name on the Texans slept in yesterday.

12 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

He dropped two passes that would have extended early drives. I'm not sure if he's still playing hurt (he had a hand in jury during TC) but he wasn't doing well. His biggest plays were drawing to DPIs against AJ Bouye in the 2nd half. 

Pretty much every big name on the Texans slept in yesterday.

I think he meant Trey Hopkins of the Bengals.  The RG.

My thoughts on the game: Only watched until 10 minute to go in the 4th so i didnt see the last interception.

Andy had a bad game...a really bad game. He was off target a couple times, and his second and third pick were completely his fault. 1st interception was a hell of an athletic play by the linebacker. Int in the endzone was a terrible pass...into triple coverage.  No way that ball would have made it there. The third interception...how in the heck do you hit Suggs in his fat head with the ball?  Not his hands...but right between his gums and teeth.

Running game showed flashes, but i hate RBD...running back by drive. Whoever has the hot hand, use them. RBD doesn't allow any of the backs to get in the rhythm of the game. A couple nice runs, but overall, not very effective.  

WRs, didnt seem like they were getting open, but when they did, it was hit or miss if Andy would see them or make a good pass. 

Oline, We let Whit go for Ced...and that may be the worst move of our off season. Ced is not very good, he doesnt have an aggressive personality. The middle of the line seemed like they were having a huddle with Andy on a lot of drop backs.

Defense overall...Played well. They were on the field alot and did what they could, but when you have as many short drives and turnovers, they get tired.  They did miss Burfict though. When he is on the field there is just a lot more energy.  Atkins was a beast and was the best player on the field for either team.

They have to forget about it and move on to Houston. 

10 minutes ago, JJNoles said:

how in the heck do you hit Suggs in his fat head with the ball?  Not his hands...but right between his gums and teeth.

Well, Suggs jumped.  It was a short pass, so it was going to have to go over his head.  Normally the OL will engage their man so he can't jump (you ever try to jump when you're pushing someone?).  Ced just let him approach slowly and time the pass.  That's on Ced.  Short pass coming to your side, you have to jump on that DE to keep him on the ground.

If they run that play 10 more times, it's picked 7 more times if Ced doesn't lay a hand on his rusher.

6 hours ago, theJ said:

That's a ridiculous overreaction. 

Tom Brady once threw 4 INT's in a single day.  There were at least 5 college QB's they should have replaced with him on the spot.

Are you putting Dalton on the same level as Brady? Brady has shown that he is the best QB on the planet... Dalton is 0-fer his career in big games. Slightly different circumstances, no?

Archived