Week 1 Ravens @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

23 hours ago, theJ said:

Well, Suggs jumped.  It was a short pass, so it was going to have to go over his head.  Normally the OL will engage their man so he can't jump (you ever try to jump when you're pushing someone?).  Ced just let him approach slowly and time the pass.  That's on Ced.  Short pass coming to your side, you have to jump on that DE to keep him on the ground.

If they run that play 10 more times, it's picked 7 more times if Ced doesn't lay a hand on his rusher.

When you put it that way, yeah i can definitely see that it is on Ced.  But, his passes seem to get knocked down a lot. Maybe its not completely on the Oline, and more on their coach...Paul Alexander.

Hey @MrCincinnati, not to rush you or anything, but i need to move on from this pit of despair.  Got a new gameday thread in ya?

Given the short week, thought we should get it up today.  If you don't have time, let me know and i'll post it tonight.

EDIT: but you do it so much better than me...so...

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Hey @MrCincinnati, not to rush you or anything, but i need to move on from this pit of despair.  Got a new gameday thread in ya?

Given the short week, thought we should get it up today.  If you don't have time, let me know and i'll post it tonight.

EDIT: but you do it so much better than me...so...

WI'll get it out tonight. At work right now, but already typed it all up last night. Just need to make a few quick changes. It will be posted 7 o clock on the dot, I promise

18 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

WI'll get it out tonight. At work right now, but already typed it all up last night. Just need to make a few quick changes. It will be posted 7 o clock on the dot, I promise

You're the best

17 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Our interior OL gives up pressure so fast he can't find him over the middle

You'd think there would be more dumpoffs or something, but whatever. Dalton doesn't really like to throw to him (or the coordinator doesn't like to plan for him) in the middle of the field. Only the red zone. 

14 hours ago, theJ said:

You'd think there would be more dumpoffs or something, but whatever. Dalton doesn't really like to throw to him (or the coordinator doesn't like to plan for him) in the middle of the field. Only the red zone. 

this is the most frustrating part. No idea why the heck we refuse to use him beyond the red zone. 

Archived