You Are Wrong About Lamar Jackson - Warren Sharp

Ray Reed

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Averaging 59 points per game pretty much guarantees the Ravens a SB and Lamar an MVP, no?

Well, in our Ravens thread prior to the season my “hot take” was Lamar Jackson in the MVP conversation after he goes for: 3700 yds, 28 TDs, 11 Ints; 1041 yards, 10 TDs, 6 fmbls.

I think defenses will have to choose to play  to stop his run or play to stop his pass... and in either case he’s shown to be dangerous enough to hurt. So ultimately I think that he’s in the conversation. That said, I’m not sure if it’ll be enough to actually win... but it’ll be close. Mahomes (amongst others) will also be in the conversation and ultimately if he is, I think he’s probably a bit more media friendly and would likely win if it’s close. 

Pretty wild that a majority of analysts and fans, myself included, thought team's would have Lamar and the Ravens offense "figured" out, as is often the case with option offenses in year 2, and then he goes and not only has a good game, but a PERFECT game. Yes, it was the Dolphins, but that was an all time throwing performance. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Pretty wild that a majority of analysts and fans, myself included, thought team's would have Lamar and the Ravens offense "figured" out, as is often the case with option offenses in year 2, and then he goes and not only has a good game, but a PERFECT game. Yes, it was the Dolphins, but that was an all time throwing performance. 

I thought he'd do better, but didn't expect this so quick, glad I carried him over as a franchise guy in fantasy.

Want to see it continue against a team who is trying to win games this year, but love the start.