You Are Wrong About Lamar Jackson - Warren Sharp

Ray Reed

Just now, SBLIII said:

I noticed that about Browns fans, too.

Considering our forum is/has been towards the top in posts for YEARS now, that's an asinine insult.

Just now, SBLIII said:

They want him to suck more than to win the Super Bowl.

1. This is a stupid statement

2. He currently DOES SUCK as a pocket QB. That doesn't mean that he will forever.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Considering our forum is/has been towards the top in posts for YEARS now, that's an asinine insult.

1. This is a stupid statement

2. He currently DOES SUCK as a pocket QB. That doesn't mean that he will forever.

It isn't. Browns fans talk an AWFUL lot about Lamar Jackson and his abilities. Even more so than Eagles fans talk about Dak.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

It isn't.

LOL

You called us a SMALL fanbase...we're far from it, especially on this site.

6 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Browns fans talk an AWFUL lot about Lamar Jackson and his abilities. Even more so than Eagles fans talk about Dak.

I didn't disagree with that. I disagreed with the above. Unlike you guys in the AFC East, we legitimately hate and have rivalries with our divisional opponents. It's not a cakewalk.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

It isn't. Browns fans talk an AWFUL lot about Lamar Jackson and his abilities. Even more so than Eagles fans talk about Dak.

Guys, I see what @SBLIII is doing here.  He's stirring all the rivalries so everyone ignores the Pats.  I mean, CLE, BAL, now PHI-DAL.

Let's not lose focus on who the real evil org is around here.   :ph34r:

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

But it’s like I said, our fan bases on here don’t get along.

To be honest, I don’t think many in the Ravens fanbase hold any sort of grudge outside of posters that don’t actually post in the Ravens forum.

Pretty sure that grudge is mostly one way and stems from the circumstances of how the Ravens were formed and Ravens fans lack of understanding because... when it happened to us we couldn’t even keep the team history.

Beyond that, I wish the Browns no ill will. I think it’s good to see them building excitement for the city of Cleveland. Many Ravens fans also liked Baker Mayfield and Nick Chubb coming out. So there is some familiarity there.

If there is debate it’s simply because until the Browns show they are the divisions superior team, the divisional winner from last season that has a track record of performance shouldn’t be discarded as an NFL bottom 10-15 team. Similar to the perspectives that some in this thread have with Lamar... wait to see it, to believe it. Which is a respectable position to take, waiting for a larger sample size before making a position clear.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:59 AM, Danger said:

Don't hate. Just saying. Ravens fans have paraded him around like he's a savior.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:08 AM, Danger said:

TBH it's not even just LaMar Jackson and the Ravens fanbase that I'm tired of. It's just every fanbase is parading around their guy as the next Elite QB after their middling rookie QB season, and most other fanbases are just calling them garbage in response. 

All I want is people to give more time before formulating such definitive positions on a QB and their ability.

For clarification I did say "I have seen nothing so far" I did not say "He sucks"

Very few Ravens fans have done this (it's never no one over an entire fanbase). All most of us are trying to say is that he has a chance to improve as a player and help elevate a team where most of the talent is on the other side of the ball. We believe he has the potential to do enough to have the team in playoff contention again, and he's definitely going to be fun to watch. Oh, and we don't care about it not being sUsTaInAbLe 10 years from now; that's more than a lifetime in the NFL. We are very open to a range of outcomes to his career. Sure an RG3 arc is one possibility. Even the point of the article in the OP was NOT that "he was the best age 21 QB, so therefore he's going to be the bestest QB ever", the point was "Dude, he was a starting QB at 21; calm down about the passing stats because it's not like we've seen 21 year old QBs light it up". I'm not comparing him to Russell Wilson (I don't think they are/will be similar types of players), but by the time he turned 22 all he had were 3 sub 60% completion seasons at the college level and he's now one of the most accurate QB's I've watched. Obviously, an extreme example. Every Ravens poster I've seen on this forum understands that the Ravens only spent 2 draft picks in the 50s on Lamar and that we have 4 more years of rookie contract to evaluate his progression without even making a massive commitment. 

There are a LOT more definitive, sure of themselves, opinions in the opposite direction, that Lamar is a guaranteed huge bust who will flop spectacularly very quickly. It's not even close in terms of the quantity of opinions on that side versus the he's a slam dunk superstar. There is very little to no noise about Lamar as the next superstar compared to peers like Baker or even Darnold from Ravens' fans or anyone. So yea, I really don't believe anything you said above at all.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Guys, I see what @SBLIII is doing here.  He's stirring all the rivalries so everyone ignores the Pats.  I mean, CLE, BAL, now PHI-DAL.

Baltimore/Cleveland isn't even a rivarly. A rivalry implies more than 1 team wins 99% of the games between the two teams.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I've been trying that one since the KC game in 2014 :D

Rams vs Eagles is the easiest one to stir

59 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Eagles Cowboys is is the biggest, most marketable rivalry in football over the past decade or so. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

I've been trying that one since the KC game in 2014 :D

Rams vs Eagles is the easiest one to stir

Just because of the similarities between the teams.

Goff Wentz
Donald Cox
Pederson McVay

Heck even the fanbases here have some parallels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Just because of the similarities between the teams.

Goff Wentz
Donald Cox
Pederson McVay

Heck even the fanbases here have some parallels.

Yeah. I'd actually say (on here) it's mainly due to a few VERY confident and outspoken Ram fans. No names....ahem...and Pete's six sense to detect anything said about PHI on any thread xD fun fun

Edited by Hunter2_1