Who Has Better Handles, LeBron or Kobe?

the lone star

Who Has Better Handles, LeBron or Kobe?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who Has Better Handles, LeBron or Kobe?

20 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Open to interpretation but I’d say it’s primarily a combination of

-ability to safely navigate court w/ ball in hand

-ability to create offense through dribble moves

It’s close. Both good handles, neither extraordinary. I give nod to Kobe by virtue of handling the ball slightly more throughout his career, and usually against guards. Much easier to dribble circles around frontcourt players than guards IMO.

You could also add in "array of moves" and "spectacular moves" in there, but those are less important for sure.

A lot of times, I ask myself "who would I rather have handling the ball in the half court?" What about in transition?" But that's not conclusive either.

19 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Handles are pretty but they are so overrated.

So on that note who has better handles John Stockton or every starting point guard in the NBA right now?

Answer probably every starting point guard in the NBA. Speed, foot speed, and change of speeds as well as changing of directions matter far more than any handle. Just saying

Agreed. That's why I've always said that Jordan is one of the best players off the dribble. Maybe he wasn't the flashiest, most creative, or innovative, but he was lethal.