Raiders moving on from Janikowski?

RaidersAreOne

His accuracy at 50+ yards was pretty bad last season but other than that he is still a pretty good kicker.  The only reason why they should be doing this is if they are planning on bringing a player in that may cost them a pretty penny.  Either that or trying to prepare for Mack's and Cooper's upcoming contracts.  This is the last year of his contract, hopefully things work out and he retires as a Raider on a good note.  I honestly consider him to have earned that first round grade after these 15+ seasons in Oakland.

6 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

....I don't get it.  Does he look bad in practice?  Seems a bad way to treat a long tenured vet.  Especially our franchise's leading scorer.

I'm pretty meh about this all. Al Davis scholarships are a thing of the past and if he is paid too much/declining then I am all for moving on. I care first and foremost about winning, not so much tradition/having a vet presence at the K position.

46 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm pretty meh about this all. Al Davis scholarships are a thing of the past and if he is paid too much/declining then I am all for moving on. I care first and foremost about winning, not so much tradition/having a vet presence at the K position.

Sure, but, counterpoint:  Most kickers that aren't signed now aren't the most consistent either.

43 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Sure, but, counterpoint:  Most kickers that aren't signed now aren't the most consistent either.

True but Lambo lost a battle to younghoe, I mean, can you really fault him? 

He was also just just as good as Jano was last year, actually he was pretty good outside of that dreadful Cleveland game. 

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ahhh say no more.  Poor guy.

9 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

True but Lambo lost a battle to younghoe, I mean, can you really fault him? 

He was also just just as good as Jano was last year, actually he was pretty good outside of that dreadful Cleveland game. 

Honestly...I can't lmao

Injury really does make sense. If it was all about money I'm sure he would have left with Howard. I wonder if the money comes into play as a protection. Like we know your hurt you could be down 5 or 6 games. We need to adjust your contract to bring in a guy just in case? If course I have no clue. But again if it was just his salary I feel sure it would have been addressed months ago.

Archived