Chargers bring back WR Dontrelle Inman after his release by Patriots

TheKillerNacho

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/7206/dontrelle-inman

Familiar with Philip Rivers, and the Chargers were looking for some additional WRs. Decent fit.

He was likely going to be cut by the Pats. The Lions took a look at him and passed, despite needing WR depth. Where is he at in terms of his career? Is this much ado about nothing or is he going to be an impact guy that the Lions will regret passing on?

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

He was likely going to be cut by the Pats. The Lions took a look at him and passed, despite needing WR depth. Where is he at in terms of his career? Is this much ado about nothing or is he going to be an impact guy that the Lions will regret passing on?

He didn't distinguish himself for us during training camp, and that was before Flash was reinstated.

Edited by Elky

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

“Impact guy” is probably too much. He won’t be that IMO. 

NE despite their lack of talent at the position, see upside in some players. They have Edelman and Gordon as locks, Matthew Slater as a special team ace, N’Keal Harry as a first rounder, Jakobi Myers as an UDFA who has been one of the best receivers throughout training camp, and still have depth players in Dorsett, Berrios, and Harris. Inman found himself in that bottom group and he knew it.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

NE despite their lack of talent at the position, see upside in some players. They have Edelman and Gordon as locks, Matthew Slater as a special team ace, N’Keal Harry as a first rounder, Jakobi Myers as an UDFA who has been one of the best receivers throughout training camp, and still have depth players in Dorsett, Berrios, and Harris. Inman found himself in that bottom group and he knew it.

I get it with NE but my Lions aren't exactly flush with WR talent and need help at spots 4/5. I'm just curious as to what this guy would bring/not bring to the Chargers and Jets that the Lions would pass on.

18 minutes ago, Elky said:

He didn't distinguish himself for us during training camp, and that was before Flash was reinstated.

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I don't think him being cut by the Patriots is indicative one way or the other how productive he can be with another team. Rather, Inman didn't offer anything that the Patriots already had with other receivers. Obviously he's not going to be a high impact player as he'll probably be the 3rd or 4th WR at best with the Chargers but I think he can have a relatively productive season with that in mind. His existing familiarity with Rivers will help.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I get it with NE but my Lions aren't exactly flush with WR talent and need help at spots 4/5. I'm just curious as to what this guy would bring/not bring to the Chargers and Jets that the Lions would pass on.

Who said the Lions passed? Perhaps he merely chose the Chargers over the Lions & Jets.

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

Honestly don't see him making the 53.

Really? Because after the first three (KA, MW, and Benji), I don't see any of the receivers in camp really taking the lead. At worst, Inman is a #5. Best is #3 after MW and KA.

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

Really? Because after the first three (KA, MW, and Benji), I don't see any of the receivers in camp really taking the lead. At worst, Inman is a #5. Best is #3 after MW and KA.

I think you may be sleeping on Scott and Patton...