Carli Lloyd Kicking 55 Yard FGs at Eagles Training Camp

Soggust

I had a friend in high school who was the goalie for the soccer team. When our high school had powderpuff, she was the kicker for her team. She was out there drilling 40 yard field goals in practice consistently. She recorded it on her phone (obviously), and actually showed it to David Akers when he came to visit our school for something. It was really cool, but I don't think it was a special case. Those womens soccer team players are legit. I honestly think it would just take one of those higher level players to really commit to becoming an NFL kicker and we'll see a woman in the NFL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

I don't get why more NFL teams look at soccer players for potential kickers. 

People don't realize how mentally difficult being a kicker is. Imo it's the most stressful position, especially when your kick is the difference beween winning and losing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

You mean like a soccer player during a penalty kick?

Completely different. Sometimes the goalie just makes a better play. In gridiron football, blocked kicks are very rare, so most times it comes down to your accuracy and kicking strength.

Edited by Elky

7 minutes ago, Elky said:

People don't realize how mentally difficult being a kicker is. Imo it's the most stressful position, especially when your kick is the difference beween winning and losing.

I don't know what this has to do with soccer players. I'm sure, just like in the NFL, there are more mentally resilient players and players who are not mentally resilient in soccer.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Elky said:

Completely different. Sometimes the goalie just makes a better play. In gridiron football, blocked kicks are very rare, so most times it comes down to your accuracy and kicking strength.

Next you're going to tell me that NFL fans are more passionate than soccer fans...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I don't know what this has to do with soccer players. I'm sure, just like in the NFL, there are more mentally resilient players and players who are not mentally resilient in soccer.

I don't think you can just drop a soccer player that never really played gridiron football onto an NFL team as their kicker.

Sure, you have your Antonio Gates and Jimmy Grahams, but thats the exception not the rule.

Edited by Elky

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:
1 hour ago, Elky said:

You mean like a soccer player during a penalty kick?

Yeah sure she's a world cup champion who maybe can handle pressure but what happens when she's on her period and when it's time for the game winning kick she just wants to watch a rom com.

• Like 4