GDT 8/22/19 Preseason Week 3: Baltimore Ravens vs Philadelphia Eagles

DreamKid

It will be good to see Tim and all of our EDGE guys go against stronger Tackles.

PFF's Primer- FWIW

Baltimore Ravens @ Philadelphia Eagles

Ravens

Chris Moore has caught all of six of his targets for 102 yards and a touchdown through two preseason games. The Cincinnati alumnus is entering a contract year with the Ravens and should look to carry momentum into the regular season. Third-year edge defender Tim Williams, a PFF favorite coming out of Alabama in 2017, is off to a similarly outstanding start. He’s earned a 90.0 overall grade across 41 defensive snaps through two games, recording four defensive stops and five pressures in the process.

Eagles

First-round offensive tackle Andre Dillard really couldn’t have had a better start to his NFL career. The Washington State product has earned an 83.8 overall grade and an even more impressive 89.0 pass-blocking grade across his 70 defensive snaps so far this preseason. And Daeshon Hall is on the same track. The 2017 third-rounder has recorded a 95.4 pass-rush grade across 30 pass-rush snaps, recording a whopping eight total pressures in the process.

Game 3, I just want to see a guy take that LG spot and I want a Tim Williams to prove he deserves the role over Shane Ray. Guys like Cyrus Jones and Maurice Canady solidified their roster spots when Tavon got injured. Wesley doesn't get much playing time which could mean we don't want others to see him, so we can stash him on the practice squad.

Mekari I could see get a redshirt year to get stronger. Olaka will be interesting to see as well. Zach Sieler is the forgotten man, I would like to see more from him as well.

14 minutes ago, Danand said:

Game 3, I just want to see a guy take that LG spot and I want a Tim Williams to prove he deserves the role over Shane Ray.

Jermaine was carted off practice Tuesday, so we'll see if he plays. Still think it's just going to go to Hurst, but going against the Eagles' DL is the best chance for someone else to stake a claim.

I think Tim Williams has already proven himself. For Shane Ray, it's more about proving he deserves a roster spot. He's been the last to enter in our preseason games, mostly going against 3s. He didn't get a great start to camp by failing the conditioning test. And he's missed more practices than you'd like. Really seems like Ray will need a massive game 3 to change his trajectory at this point. 

I think McPhee should be capped around 20 snaps per game, to preserve his effectiveness and availability. So there will be plenty of snaps to go around at EDGE. Rolling 5 deep should be enough though. 

Is Shane Ray making this team? He seems to be very, very quiet. I also don't see how they're gonna keep Trace on the roster. We got too many positions that need major attention than keeping 3 QB's. O-line, Pass Rush, WR and RB among others. This pre-season is skressful.

3 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Is Shane Ray making this team? He seems to be very, very quiet. I also don't see how they're gonna keep Trace on the roster. We got too many positions that need major attention than keeping 3 QB's. O-line, Pass Rush, WR and RB among others. This pre-season is skressful.

No.

52 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Good point about Trace, however I really don't think we brought him here in the 6th round just to cut him. There hasn't been any surprises with roster spots since then and now, so if we drafted him with the plan to play him as a "weapon" type of player like the Saints with Taysom Hill, if that vision has already changed in a couple of months I have to question why we even wasted draft capital on that.

As for Shane Ray, he's not making the team.

• Like 1