Best Stadiums to Experience?

VigilantZombie

I'm sure one of these has been made in the past. I'm curious, regardless of your fan allegiance, what stadiums have you seen in person, been in, etc that you feel have given you best experience or memories and why?

For me I am all about History. So I've been to the Three Rivers Stadium, PNC Park, Heinz Field, seen the KC Chiefs and Royals stadiums up close, seen the Dolphins stadium up close. And most recently got to walk through the concourse and take pictures of Lambeau Field.

Honestly, Lambeau Field is simply amazing, the architecture is incredible, the bricks and configuration take me back to a time before I even existed. Looking at the stadium as the sun sets was just an incredible sight and made for an amazing picture. This is by far not best experience so far and I hope to one day get to Mile High Stadium as well. I'm not a GB fan but they have an incredible history that is still standing strong. It's absolutely worth appreciating.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Lambeau Field

Everyone should make a trip just for the history of it and the uniqueness of a stadium towering over a small city. and great tailgating but IMO its not that great of an in game experience. The Bleacher seats are awful and very uncomfortable, the amount of old season ticket holders make for a very lethargic crowd(I call it the Lambeau Retirement Home), and i've never been blown away by the prices or the food. 

I spent a day in Jerry World and that is truly an experience if you haven't had the pleasure yet. I also really enjoyed CenuryLink, US Bank, and Mile High. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Everyone should make a trip just for the history of it and the uniqueness of a stadium towering over a small city. and great tailgating but IMO its not that great of an in game experience. The Bleacher seats are awful and very uncomfortable, the amount of old season ticket holders make for a very lethargic crowd(I call it the Lambeau Retirement Home), and i've never been blown away by the prices or the food. 

I spent a day in Jerry World and that is truly an experience if you haven't had the pleasure yet. I also really enjoyed CenuryLink, US Bank, and Mile High. 

I did the tour through Jerry World earlier this year right before the big soccer matchup.  I highly recommend it.  

• Like 1

Going to DC games in Maryland was hideous back in the day.

The Dark Overlord made it illegal to cross the street to his paid parking around the stadium and he took out the 18 inch seats and replaced them with 12 inch seats.

You used to have to alternate arm heights when people wore winter coats to the game.

The Ravens stadium was a palace by comparison.

I think they may have put in better seats now and they cover sections of the stadium because he turned a 20k wait list into an 80% full stadium unless they are playing the Eagles Giants Cowboys or Steelers.

I live in Houston now and I love almost everything about NRG Stadium and the Texans game experience. 

The only nitpick is the terrible flow to and from the Uber lot after the game.

• Like 2

New Era field. Stadium isn’t that great, but you’ll be too drunk to notice.

Show up 5 hours before kickoff, especially opening day, and you’ll be sure to get free food, and alcohol from Bills fans, you’ll most likely see someone go through a table, might see someone get lit on fire, and if you time it right you’ll see some crazy guy get ketchup squirted all over him outside of a Bills painted school bus.

I couldn’t care less about a stadium tbqh. Tailgating is where it’s at. 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

The Linc is an aesthetically pleasing looking stadium. There are more historic venues, but it’s definitely a fun time down there - just ask Vikings fans.

The Linc is pretty much a copy of the Ravens stadium.

The flow to all Philly games is great with public transport and close access to I-95.

If you are a visiting fan I would suggest you don't issue idiotic war challenges by defiling the Rocky Statue in the days leading up to the game.

• Like 2

Oakland Coliseum is a real gem. I feel every NFL fan should experience this utterly amazing stadium with top notch seating and top notch food venues. It’s a world spectacle. Absolutely mind blowing in every sense of the word. 

I’ve always wanted to go to Seattles Stadium. Seems amazing. 

And obviously the new Vegas and L.A. stadiums are going to be otherworldly. 

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 10:48 PM, SkippyX said:

The Linc is pretty much a copy of the Ravens stadium.

The flow to all Philly games is great with public transport and close access to I-95.

Can see that a little bit, been to the Ravens stadium a couple times for not football stuff.
Similar design philosophies....like their Stadium.

I'll say there is no bad seat at the Linc in philly, been to so many different kinds of events down there and sat from the nosebleeds to the club level to a couple rows up, always had good views of the action. And yeah parking and getting there can be super easy.

I liked Heinz Field, went there for recruiting for a Pitt game in HS. Was cool to see some of the tunnels and stuff the players come out of.
Always liked the bright steelers gold seats and being right on the river.

Old meadowlands was ok, haven't been to the new one.

The Redskins stadium was kinda bad, my Aunt got those on field suite seats which was cool...
but it seemed so bare bones for a team like the Skins, who should be making decent enough money to do better. 

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I've never been to one :(

BUT, friend had a spur of the moment/ F it type trip to Arrowhead last season and said it was crazy good. Sea of red noise, freezing cold but that added to the drama, people friendly etc. 

If he thinks KC was freezing cold, he should never go to Lambeau after Halloween....like ever.  KC is 15 degrees warmer than Wisc on average.  And be thankful the Vikes dont play in the Met anymore.  @Uncle Buck could fill you in on what real cold is.

Edited by Superman(DH23)
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

If he thinks KC was freezing cold, he should never go to Lambeau after Halloween....like ever.  KC is 15 degrees warmer than Wisc on average.  And be thankful the Vikes dont play in the Met anymore.  @Uncle Buck could fill you in on what real cold is.

I live in Minnesota. Only game I've ever been to was at TCF Bank stadium after the Metrodome collapsed.

I kind of wish the Vikings built an outdoor stadium. The cold here can crush anyone not used to it come playoff time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I live in Minnesota. Only game I've ever been to was at TCF Bank stadium after the Metrodome collapsed.

I kind of wish the Vikings built an outdoor stadium. The cold here can crush anyone not used to it come playoff time.

How cold we talking? I could google this, but I prefer anecdotes :)

• Like 1