GDT Week 1 - Thursday Night Football vs Chiefs

Deadpulse

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I am actually somewhat nervous about this game, but it may just be week 1 jitters. 

Well the Chiefs are a good team, but I'm not nervous at all. I'm just really excited to have football again.

16 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Hopefully Solder is healthy and gets the start. Don't want to see Fleming/Waddle trying to block Justin Houston / Dee Ford, that could get Brady killed.

I feel like a quick hit passing attack will be the way to go against the KC defense. You need to get into rhythm quickly against them to help stifle their rush and front 7

9 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Hopefully Solder is healthy and gets the start. Don't want to see Fleming/Waddle trying to block Justin Houston / Dee Ford, that could get Brady killed.

For what its worth, I am happy to see Waddle and Fleming get some time at the hardest position on the O line. If they can improve by any amount it could pay off dividends.

Also has Solder practiced in the last week?

vs Card (won by 2)

vs Steelers (won by 7)

vs Miami (loss)

vs Bills (won by 2)

Those are our last 4 opening games. Feels like we never blow teams away in GDT 1 compared to what we tend to do later in the season. Chiefs being a really good team with a good defence, means I'm nervous....

I can't wait to see if Patriots fans and Portnoy & Co. are able to actually pull off the Clown Out. And if the network/broadcast completely ignores it.

As for the game, I'm not expecting a 10+ point win. I think our offense is going to take some time to click and get rolling due to the Edelman injury, new pieces, etc.

The key really is Tyreek Hill. Avoid the big play, and avoid the ST big play. We do that and we win this game, IMO.

13 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I feel like a quick hit passing attack will be the way to go against the KC defense. You need to get into rhythm quickly against them to help stifle their rush and front 7

Agreed. 

They play lots of press, but their secondary will be vulnerable - as long as you keep it away from Peters/Berry.

If we can slow down the Chiefs rushing game to put them behind down and distance, they can force Alex Smith to throw well short of the sticks then make the tackle to force punts. Turn this into a 7-on-7 game with the quick passing game against the Chiefs should they play off-coverage. We should get the ball in space to our shifty receivers and force the Chiefs to make 1-on-1 open field tackles,  make it a a YAC-fest.

Archived