GDT Week 1 - Thursday Night Football vs Chiefs

Deadpulse

Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer 

Patriots injury report: Doubtful -- DT Vincent Valentine (knee); Questionable -- DT Adam Butler (knee), S Nate Ebner (shoulder), OT Cameron Fleming (ankle), LB Harvey Langi (concussion), WR Malcolm Mitchell (knee), WR Matthew Slater (hamstring).

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer 

Patriots injury report: Doubtful -- DT Vincent Valentine (knee); Questionable -- DT Adam Butler (knee), S Nate Ebner (shoulder), OT Cameron Fleming (ankle), LB Harvey Langi (concussion), WR Malcolm Mitchell (knee), WR Matthew Slater (hamstring).

Had no idea these guys were injured (outside Mitchell). Sucks to see Langi with a concussion. :/

4 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

So when are we gonna place bets on who/when says this isn't a SB caliber team first during a GDT?

I say over/under is 3 games and I'm taking the under.

I'm thinking the second quarter of tonights game, the moment they either have a drive where they don't score, or allow the other team to score.

Used to find it funny when all you can see in GDTs is "I hate the patriots so much", but now I'm finding it quite annoying and childish. 

Anyway...

I expect Butler on Albert, Gilmore on Hill with help from McC over the top, and Rowe on Conley, as he's the big target. Chung and LBs to annoy Kelce again.

7 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

So when are we gonna place bets on who/when says this isn't a SB caliber team first during a GDT?

I say over/under is 3 games and I'm taking the under.

Under! So much under. I'd suggest a new bet. Over/Under on someone mentioning it before halftime.

49 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Heres the thing with the doom and gloom. Its a new forum, its a new era, lets all put our best foot forward and change the culture around here so we can limit that and keep GDT's fun and immersive. I'll be posting during the game tonight.  

Are you referring to in here, or outside in Gen? 

I feel safe here. It's like shelter during a zombie apocalypse, whilst the outside (Gen) is infestered with those that would do us harm. 

...:)

35 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Hey, I'm a Jets fan but I come in peace

I'm feeling frisky and kind of want to start Rex Burkhead at RB2 tonight in my .5 PPR

Am I crazy? (I also have Gillislee)

I like the play. I think Burkhead has a great year. Any game with a strong run defense and good pass rush means he'll get some action provided he can pass protect.

48 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Hey, I'm a Jets fan but I come in peace

I'm feeling frisky and kind of want to start Rex Burkhead at RB2 tonight in my .5 PPR

Am I crazy? (I also have Gillislee)

Not at all. Burkhead could have a good game. There is always the risk though, and BB proves time and again that we just cannot second guess his plans. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Its a new forum, its a new era, lets all put our best foot forward and change the culture around here so we can limit that and keep GDT's fun and immersive.

While this is a noble intention, I don't think the shiny new look of the forums can change the personality of certain posters. I never mind it though since the games are usually pretty late night for me and stupidity gives me a better kick then caffeine.

Anyway, I'm expecting a win, but I'll be paying attention to a number of things:

• DL and LBs. How are they going to figure out the pass rush?
  • How are they going to replace Edelman? Though this might be less of a question since the WR position is so deep.
  • What's up with Gronk?

17 minutes ago, iothar said:

I like the play. I think Burkhead has a great year. Any game with a strong run defense and good pass rush means he'll get some action provided he can pass protect.

Are you forgetting James White? You have to assume he is guy number 1 when we are in pass first mode

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Are you forgetting James White? You have to assume he is guy number 1 when we are in pass first mode

I think James has a fine year as well. For some reason I just think Burkhead will have a great year. I can just picture him really doing well.

Archived