GDT Week 1 - Thursday Night Football vs Chiefs

Deadpulse

I'm not worried about the offense. The OL was outstanding in pass pro for 95% of the game. It's just that brady and the recievers weren't on the same page. I mean dudes were wide open.

They  put up 27 points didnt fumble/throw a pick and that was a "Bad"night offensively. 

Id be shocked if they are held under 30 points more than 3 times this season

Offense will be fine. Brady has had slow starts in the past.

The defense has me worried, I won't lie. The lack of anyone outside of Hightower who can play adequate coverage at LB is a big problem for which I see no immediate solution. I was uneasy about their offseason approach to the position and it seems now that my unease was validated. 

It was obvious that Brady and the new receivers weren't on the same page. Amendola had success early and was getting some consistent looks, but after he went down there was nobody that Brady had good chemistry with that was able to get open. They focused on Gronk and with everyone else still learning to play with one another, it just made it really hard to consistently move the ball the 2nd half.

I liked what I saw from Cooks, especially his speed and being able to get past his defender, however I think Brady made some great throws that Cooks should have been able to bring down but didn't.

Hogan was meh, had a couple good plays but other than that nothing.

11 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

The Richards thing is weird in light of letting Freeny go. If they want a LB who can run (and Harris can't), why waste a roster spot on both Richards and Langi? One of those spots could go to someone who can contribute even if at a below average but not awful level. The LB group is thin and woefully slow. The plan seems to be to compensate with safeties which can work but last night KC found the right matchups and exploited everyone the Pats lined up at LB.

Did you happen to see where Chung played most? 

I know he has had success in the tweener role in the past. With Harmon seeing more snaps, I'd have thought Chung would be there even more.

Harmon and Tavon Wilson didn't show a ton early, which is about the only optimistic thought I have for Richards.

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Did you happen to see where Chung played most? 

I know he has had success in the tweener role in the past. With Harmon seeing more snaps, I'd have thought Chung would be there even more.

Harmon and Tavon Wilson didn't show a ton early, which is about the only optimistic thought I have for Richards.

On Kelce a fair bit. 

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Saints D ranks 31t DVOA on avg over the past 3 seasons (almost impossible to be that consistently bad). So we won't see an end to the deep bawls. 

And that makes us sound even better than we really were.  In 2015 we gave up 45 TDs, 9 INTs and 116 passer rating against.

Don't worry about us.

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

And that makes us sound even better than we really were.  In 2015 we gave up 45 TDs, 9 INTs and 116 passer rating against.

Don't worry about us.

I'm not too worried about our offense producing, it's our defense I'm worried about. This should be a really good test for the Pats D, hopefully they can sure up some of the miscommunications and have a decent outing against a good offense.

Archived