Week 1 GDT: Chiefs @ Patriots

RedGold

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Every year there has to be one, it seems. At least. Either Charles, Berry, Johnson, or Houston. Every freaking year.

I will say, we do at least have depth at safety. Sorensen and Parker are both quality, obviously, and I actually like what I've seen out of Murray in the preseason and the game time he has gotten. I think we'll still be in a decent place at the position. But it's rough to lose the special stuff that Berry does. Games like Atlanta and Carolina last year won't be happening this time around.

24 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Cash in on him, or even trade Mahomes? 

I think It's highly unlikely Smith sustains that level of play. But, If he were to, It would be a great problem to have haha. You have to think We would hold onto both. No way Mahomes is traded.

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Hypothetical, but say Alex Smith comes out and has an MVP year and you guys win it all, what the hell do you guys do next offseason?

Cash in on him, or even trade Mahomes? 

You keep both and consider yourself blessed to have that problem. We'd be more likely to trade Smith than Mahomes, due to salary considerations, but I doubt anyone would offer something to justify it.

I couldn't post til now. I was too bummed out about Eric Berry. He's my fav on defense. As worried as I am about our pass defense, it's the run game that Eric was special at. He can come up and pound the ball carrier. I assume Murray will start now. He took over when Eric left. I think Murray can do a decent job. We're short on talent at S now.. Lord protect him from injury.

That aside, the Chiefs were simply stunning. Even Chiefs fans had to be incredibly surprised as KC simply steamrolled the Pats in their house!! Good advancements made on offense. Our LG  played wel. Heck, the Oline worked hard for Hunt. Good to see DJ play. He was a leading tackler. I swear I didn't think I'd see him come back this good so soon. Congrats to the entire organization.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:02 PM, kempus said:

I think It's highly unlikely Smith sustains that level of play. But, If he were to, It would be a great problem to have haha. You have to think We would hold onto both. No way Mahomes is traded.

Maybe not that level, but an expanded game is certainly possible. He has a ton of speed to work with and now defense have game tape of him throwing downfield. 

J

Here is an interesting take on Alex Smith. 

It's been there, but it's Patrick Mahomes. So we've been we've been watching Patrick Mahomes in the preseason, right? And all we've been talking about is what? His arm. Deep throws. So he's looking at Tyreek Hill, he's looking at D[e'Anthony] Thomas, these guys are burners, right? So he's just been going deep. What has Alex Smith not been doing? Throwing the ball deep. Competition brings what out of you? The best or the worst? So now Alex Smith is like, 'You know what? They've got this young stud they drafted earlier in this draft. [Mahomes] is throwing deep. Maybe I should throw deep too. So honestly, he took the leash off himself. -  Ike Taylor 

J

Archived