Week 1 GDT: Chiefs @ Patriots

RedGold

Great game guys! I feel like people arent giving the Chiefs enough credit for this win and just how good the team is. Ive seen people call it an embarrassing loss for the Patriots and some other fans call it a big decline for the Patriots. I don't see it that way, this is totally an acceptable loss in my book. You guys can go far this season if Hunt winds up being the real deal and Smith can build off of this performance. 

Not sure if it's related, but ...

• Berry suffered from an heel injury late last season
  • He missed a good part of the offseason due to heel issues
  • Now he may have ruptured his Achilles

May be there was something lingering for a while?

Watched the game back. What a performance pretty much across the board. The offensive line was particularly impressive. Smith had all day to throw and gave Hunt great running lanes.

Work on taking away all of those stupid penalties and we will be even better. Berry is a massive loss, but that was a freakish injury. Will be hard to replace.

Nice game Chiefs!  The most amazing thing (other than Smith's career game and the advent of King Hunt) was stuffing the Pats on 4th down.  They didn't use Brady to jump and reach and the D line just stuffed them.  Impressive.  KC is always more physical than most teams.  Congrats!

33 minutes ago, valkrei said:

I heard one guy say yea but now teams can plan for hunt. lol just lol.  So ok you focus on hunt, you still have Hill and Kelcie.

Having a legitimate down field threat that can break games open, changes the entire complexion of this team. That's what they've been missing for the past few years. Also, Alex Smith airing it out (like we saw in the playoffs vs. Indy) can work well. This defense can take the ball away, time for the offense to win them games and take chances.

Archived