2020 4 Round Mock Draft

Ozzy

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Not sure if said but Broncos own Steelers 3rd rounder

Good call, I will have to change around the rest of these also that I see on here that people have not brought up yet.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_NFL_Draft

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not sure we'd take a QB in the 2nd round. I feel like if we finish middle of the pack, we probably believe enough in Foles but it wouldn't surprise me if we did because we essentially have Foles on a 2 year deal

Very true, Foles looked good in the preseason and Minshew has looked solid as well.  But Foles I am not sure he is a long term option and has been only great in small splashes, how good he is this season will show just how good he is as a player.  People forget he started his career in Phili then was pretty bad in St Louis when he was supposed to be the man and KC and then returned and found glory winning the Super Bowl back in Phili in a season he threw for only 500 some yards in the regular season then like 900 or so in the Playoff run.

This is why doing these are a paint because the constant changes.  Clearly the Colts are #1 in the QB market in next years draft as of right now.  Brissett will do ok and Kelly is a decent backup to him this year but obviously they will probably be drafting a QB and I think Jordan Love would make a lot of sense.  Will be curious what they do with Brissett after this year he is a FA.  Not sure they will be a bad enough team to get Tua or Herbert no way, but middle of the 1st round Love could be there no question.  Also made some other updates and changes and hopefully got all the trades included.

Love Amik Robertson for Chicago. With Fuller/Amukamara under contract he’d be a perfect young prospect to come in and groom. 

Id be pretty surprised if Pace didn’t resign Danny Trevathan. He’s still only 29, one of the main veteran leaders, he loves Chicago, and obviously Roquan Smith who is one of the next great MLB’s, not to mention 2018 4th round pick Joel Iyebuniwe whose coming along nicely I just don’t see why ILB is a 2nd round need. Look at OL, OLB.

32 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Love Amik Robertson for Chicago. With Fuller/Amukamara under contract he’d be a perfect young prospect to come in and groom. 

Id be pretty surprised if Pace didn’t resign Danny Trevathan. He’s still only 29, one of the main veteran leaders, he loves Chicago, and obviously Roquan Smith who is one of the next great MLB’s, not to mention 2018 4th round pick Joel Iyebuniwe whose coming along nicely I just don’t see why ILB is a 2nd round need. Look at OL, OLB.

Looking at it more it might not be an issue if McMannis, Skrine, Duck or Shelley take over that nickle spot this year but will see, so might not happen at all and might not be a need.  Same with LB if Kwiatkoski plays well and Iyebunjwe, but with OLB some depth might help behind Mack/Floyd, Lynch is good and Vaughters has upside but Bailey could arguably play ILB or OLB and has pass rush skills to be a fine backup at that OLB spot.

But yes OL help makes a lot of sense for them as well unless Trubisky flames out then QB becomes more of an issue.  WR might be a need also unless Miller gets healthy and Wims and Ridley really take off.  Also if you take out Hicks, Goldman and Bullard that DL is pretty weak as well in terms of depth, not much behind those three.  Dalton could be a decent player as a rookie but there is a reason he was a UDFA.

First two picks don’t work. I get the ILB but unless Littleton leaves in free agency we aren’t drafting an ILB let alone in the first round. DT also doesn’t make sense. We drafted Greg Gaines this year and Sebastian Joseph-Day last year. Both are playing good and Wade likes them. CB, G/T, Edge and. 3-4 End going into the season make the most sense.

12 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

First two picks don’t work. I get the ILB but unless Littleton leaves in free agency we aren’t drafting an ILB let alone in the first round. DT also doesn’t make sense. We drafted Greg Gaines this year and Sebastian Joseph-Day last year. Both are playing good and Wade likes them. CB, G/T, Edge and. 3-4 End going into the season make the most sense.

I think the ILB opposite Littleton might be an issue unless Kiser develops a lot more.  Reeder has played well in the preseason so many he will help but a little toughness up the middle would not hurt I feel and Moses is a great player.  And Greg Gaines is not a star but is a decent player, still outside of the starters there is not much depth or talent on that DL at all if you do not include the OLBs as DL.  Take Donald off that group and they would be in trouble.  Also Michael Brockers is on the decline and is a free agent come next year and I doubt they resign him so even more reason to get some DL talent.  Not sure if you are aware but Rashard Lawrence would be an awesome 3/4 DE prospect by the way that is why I had them pick him, has the size and the length and is strong at the point of attack and can take up blocks very well.

CB I agree is an issue and OL as well which I had them address later in the 3rd and 4th round.

In 2020 Whitworth might retire and is a FA, Talib and Peters are both free agents, Littleton is a FA and Brockers like I said so that will be interesting what they do.

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think the ILB opposite Littleton might be an issue unless Kiser develops a lot more.  Reeder has played well in the preseason so many he will help but a little toughness up the middle would not hurt I feel and Moses is a great player.  And Greg Gaines is not a star but is a decent player, still outside of the starters there is not much depth or talent on that DL at all if you do not include the OLBs as DL.  Take Donald off that group and they would be in trouble.  Also Michael Brockers is on the decline and is a free agent come next year and I doubt they resign him so even more reason to get some DL talent.  Not sure if you are aware but Rashard Lawrence would be an awesome 3/4 DE prospect by the way that is why I had them pick him, has the size and the length and is strong at the point of attack and can take up blocks very well.

CB I agree is an issue and OL as well which I had them address later in the 3rd and 4th round.

In 2020 Whitworth might retire and is a FA, Talib and Peters are both free agents, Littleton is a FA and Brockers like I said so that will be interesting what they do.

A first round pick for a one or two down ILB in Wades defense makes no sense, again unless Littleton leaves. If the DT can line up at end that’s good, Brockers started there as well. But with the two free agent CB it’s hard to sat CB isn’t our biggest need. 

4 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

A first round pick for a one or two down ILB in Wades defense makes no sense, again unless Littleton leaves. If the DT can line up at end that’s good, Brockers started there as well. But with the two free agent CB it’s hard to sat CB isn’t our biggest need. 

I honestly did not know that until I just looked it up and said it.  And I assume they resign one of them, do have David Long who they drafted, Kevin Peterson has ability as well at corner and Robey-Coleman.  They were smart to draft Rapp who was a steal, he will be starting possibly even by next year opposite Johnson at safety.  They could go CB in the 1st but AJ Green is still a little raw, CJ Henderson has ability but I still need to see a little more playmaking out of him and Amik Robertson is talented but is more of a slot corner potentially or is worth a 1st round pick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Looking at it more it might not be an issue if McMannis, Skrine, Duck or Shelley take over that nickle spot this year but will see, so might not happen at all and might not be a need.  Same with LB if Kwiatkoski plays well and Iyebunjwe, but with OLB some depth might help behind Mack/Floyd, Lynch is good and Vaughters has upside but Bailey could arguably play ILB or OLB and has pass rush skills to be a fine backup at that OLB spot.

But yes OL help makes a lot of sense for them as well unless Trubisky flames out then QB becomes more of an issue.  WR might be a need also unless Miller gets healthy and Wims and Ridley really take off.  Also if you take out Hicks, Goldman and Bullard that DL is pretty weak as well in terms of depth, not much behind those three.  Dalton could be a decent player as a rookie but there is a reason he was a UDFA.

Miller was one of the best rookie WRs last season, and with Ridley and Wims they’re pretty set at WR. Actually, Bullard probably won’t make the team this year. 5th round rookie Bilal Nichols is a star in the making, had 28 TT 3 sacks in his 1st year and is the starter right now opposite Hicks. And Roy Robertson-Harris is only in his 3rd season and had 22 TT and 3 sacks as a reserve last year but the arrow is pointing UP. 

Its unlikely unless he balls out that Kyle Longs option will be picked up so IOL could potentially be a main need. Pace has taken Whitehair in the 2nd and Daniels in the 2nd so he clearly likes interior lineman there. 

Behind Mack/Floyd needs help so like I said IOL and OLB is definitely where to look after already taking a CB in Robertson.

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I honestly did not know that until I just looked it up and said it.  And I assume they resign one of them, do have David Long who they drafted, Kevin Peterson has ability as well at corner and Robey-Coleman.  They were smart to draft Rapp who was a steal, he will be starting possibly even by next year opposite Johnson at safety.  They could go CB in the 1st but AJ Green is still a little raw, CJ Henderson has ability but I still need to see a little more playmaking out of him and Amik Robertson is talented but is more of a slot corner potentially or is worth a 1st round pick.

Peterson also is a UFA after the season as is a guy who may actually end up being cut in Hatfield. NRC and Troy Hill in 2021. So far with Fisher gone Les Snead is drafting a year ahead of a need hence the pick of Long this year. He should slot into one of the starting positions. I think Peters will price himself out of the Rams comfort zone plus Snead loves him some comp picks. I could see us bringing back Talib for another year, he loves him some Wade and McVay, plus there is some depth there this year with some UDFA who while they might not be starter quality ever are good depth. But if we bring back Talib and Long steps up we still have NRC in the slot. You add in a high pick to learn behind Talib and add in Weddle is signed thru 2020 that high draft pick is ready to slide in next to Long in 2021 with another draft pick added to take over the slot from NRC the following year. 

On the OLine Blythe who's starting RG atm is a free agent after this year and Whitworth has said this year is his last. Hence we drafted Edwards and Evans in the middle rounds. They're flopping around a lot between both Guard and Tackle spots. Something that Joe Noteboom did last year and he's our starting LG this year. We could see a high pick next year if a LT falls to wherever we end up picking. Or a Guard if one is there and the 2 2019 picks aren't ready to start or they think they can upgrade. RT is set for years, they love Brian Allen at Center and Noteboom can man LT or either guard if they choose. 

Again I appreciate these especially so far in advance. I'm just providing a little insight to the Rams roster and it's GM. He loves comp picks, draft pick trade and planning ahead. Anything can happen especially this far out. But looking at contracts CB seems to a lot of us to be a huge need. 

10 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Peterson also is a UFA after the season as is a guy who may actually end up being cut in Hatfield. NRC and Troy Hill in 2021. So far with Fisher gone Les Snead is drafting a year ahead of a need hence the pick of Long this year. He should slot into one of the starting positions. I think Peters will price himself out of the Rams comfort zone plus Snead loves him some comp picks. I could see us bringing back Talib for another year, he loves him some Wade and McVay, plus there is some depth there this year with some UDFA who while they might not be starter quality ever are good depth. But if we bring back Talib and Long steps up we still have NRC in the slot. You add in a high pick to learn behind Talib and add in Weddle is signed thru 2020 that high draft pick is ready to slide in next to Long in 2021 with another draft pick added to take over the slot from NRC the following year. 

On the OLine Blythe who's starting RG atm is a free agent after this year and Whitworth has said this year is his last. Hence we drafted Edwards and Evans in the middle rounds. They're flopping around a lot between both Guard and Tackle spots. Something that Joe Noteboom did last year and he's our starting LG this year. We could see a high pick next year if a LT falls to wherever we end up picking. Or a Guard if one is there and the 2 2019 picks aren't ready to start or they think they can upgrade. RT is set for years, they love Brian Allen at Center and Noteboom can man LT or either guard if they choose. 

Again I appreciate these especially so far in advance. I'm just providing a little insight to the Rams roster and it's GM. He loves comp picks, draft pick trade and planning ahead. Anything can happen especially this far out. But looking at contracts CB seems to a lot of us to be a huge need. 

Good points, again I did not know the CB situation in FA coming up for them when making this, when I edit it that will be taken into consideration.  And I did not know Whitworth was retiring but clearly makes sense so OL might be a big need also.  Edwards kind of sucked last year on Wisconsin did not live up to his potential which was pretty high coming into that season I feel, got beat a lot.  See how he develops, I like Noteboom when he was on TCU and is a decent player and Evans is a decent player also on the best OL in the nation last year with OU.  He should have returned to school though would have been a much higher draft pick and I thought he came out too early.

Still say unless Kiser develops or a new guy steps up in Reeder or Allen big time as a ILB, they need some strength and a thumper in there, Littleton has range and athletic ability but is not super strong, that ILB core is pretty weak I would say especially against the run as is that defense overall.  Improving that interior ILB group with stronger players would help but see how they do this year.  They are going to miss Joyner big time I feel and Suh did not have a great season but teams had to pay attention to him and without him they will be very different as well, especially with Brockers on the decline.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Good Vikings picks, I personally wouldn't want a QB that early, but I could see the Vikings drafting one though.

Might not happen if Griffen has a rebound year or if Odenigbo and Weatherly develop on the edge as a consistent backup.  But DL I think needs some help, thought interior with Jordon Scott in the 2nd round but with how well Hercules and Holmes have played this preseason DT might not be as big of an issue, especially if Stephen can take over that other starting DT spot.

Shea Patterson might not happen but I am not a huge fan of Mannion and doubt they resign him next year, and Sloter is a free agent also but hopefully he can get that #2 job and be around a little more, if he is Patterson would not be needed and I agree drafting a QB later on would make more sense.  Will see how Rhodes looks, if he keeps playing like he did against Arizona another CB might be a big need also, especially if they lose Waynes of course.

• Like 1

Input from Seattle...

1. Raekwon Davis ; Not sure about this one. Probably a SPARQstar with JSPC love, but not entirely sure if that's the kind of player Seattle wants in the interior. Seems a little light to play the Reed role, as Seattle prefers their interior lineman to eat up blocks, keeping Wagner - Wright clean. That being said, penetration is important, so maybe he would fit in. 

2. Ben Bredeson ; Sounds like a mauler, which does fit the bill for Solari. Whether or not Seattle invest high draft capital in IOL will come down to how Pocic does this year, and the health of DJ Fluker. Seattle did take Phil Haynes in the 4th in 2019.

3. Jake Ferguson ; Sounds like a Seattle TE. Block first, with the athleticism to make a few big plays in the passing game. Sounds like an inbetween of Dissly and Vannett (Seattles last two drafted TE's).

4. Antoine Winfield Jr ; Not sure if investing in safety again in on the agenda after Seattle selected Marquis Blar, and Ugo Amadi in 2019. The team is still invested in Bradley McDougald and Tendric Thompson. That being said, Seattle does run a lot of three safety looks. 

5. Sean McKeon ; Might be an oversight, but Seattle investing two high picks in TE is … odd. Especially with how high the staff is on Will Dissly (Coming off injury).  

The issue with this set up is no Edge, which is obviously the weakest position on Seattle right now. CB could be another spot to watch as the year progresses. Tre Flowers and Shaq Griffin had been inconsistent. But Seattle is not a team that invests high capital in corners (Shaq was the highest CB taken in the PCJS tenure, early 3rd)