2020 4 Round Mock Draft

Ozzy

9 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Input from Seattle...

1. Raekwon Davis ; Not sure about this one. Probably a SPARQstar with JSPC love, but not entirely sure if that's the kind of player Seattle wants in the interior. Seems a little light to play the Reed role, as Seattle prefers their interior lineman to eat up blocks, keeping Wagner - Wright clean. That being said, penetration is important, so maybe he would fit in. 

2. Ben Bredeson ; Sounds like a mauler, which does fit the bill for Solari. Whether or not Seattle invest high draft capital in IOL will come down to how Pocic does this year, and the health of DJ Fluker. Seattle did take Phil Haynes in the 4th in 2019.

3. Jake Ferguson ; Sounds like a Seattle TE. Block first, with the athleticism to make a few big plays in the passing game. Sounds like an inbetween of Dissly and Vannett (Seattles last two drafted TE's).

4. Antoine Winfield Jr ; Not sure if investing in safety again in on the agenda after Seattle selected Marquis Blar, and Ugo Amadi in 2019. The team is still invested in Bradley McDougald and Tendric Thompson. That being said, Seattle does run a lot of three safety looks. 

5. Sean McKeon ; Might be an oversight, but Seattle investing two high picks in TE is … odd. Especially with how high the staff is on Will Dissly (Coming off injury).  

The issue with this set up is no Edge, which is obviously the weakest position on Seattle right now. CB could be another spot to watch as the year progresses. Tre Flowers and Shaq Griffin had been inconsistent. But Seattle is not a team that invests high capital in corners (Shaq was the highest CB taken in the PCJS tenure, early 3rd)

TE is a need unless someone else develops but yes McKeon in the 4th might not happen, I forgot I had them draft him when I updated and had them take Ferguson earlier which was a change from what I originally had them go with.  Regardless they need at least one in the draft.

Edge I agree is an issue but if Ansah plays up to his potential and Collier shows ability it might not be, and they got Marsh who is decent and Green.  With Davis I feel he could also play DE if asked similar to what they did with Red Bryant a few years back putting him on the edge at times, and Davis is a better pass rusher obviously than that but does need to step up big time this year, if he does he might be long gone by when they draft.  DT is an issue though potentially so it makes sense there also to get some type of pass rush from the inside when Reed is more a run stopper.

CB makes a lot of sense also I agree with that, but I doubt they move on from Shaq Griffin if they move on from anyone it would be Tre Flowers but he did amazing last year for a 5th round pick that only played safety in college I would say.  And sure safety might not be an issue but depends on how Blair and Amadi look and if one of them can take over a starting spot because Thompson and McDougald are not some great players or anything on paper just yet.  

In the 3rd round Bynum could be a good fit at CB and in the 4th potentially Okwara would be a great pickup as a DE instead of McKeon.  Heck Winfield has played the slot in college at times and might be great at that as well, still they need an impact safety and if those two rookies are not that they will keep looking for it.

And very true OL might not be an issue depending on how they play this season, they have a lot of decent bodies in there who can do some things but will see how Pocic is like you said.  With Iupati on that line they will be fun to watch, a bunch of maulers out there with he and Fluker at the other guard spot.  If they got CB 1st round not many would fit the bill outside of Bryce Hall but most likely he is long gone before the draft but maybe not, he would be a great fit in that system with his ball skills and length.

On 8/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, Ozzy said:

David Woodward  can play inside or outside I feel, and I assume Campbell might not be resigned as well.  In that defense he likes LBs who can run and are good in space, Woodward is that potentially.  

Can't see them investing in that if Oluokun makes the leap we think he will this year.

7 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Can't see them investing in that if Oluokun makes the leap we think he will this year.

You could be right for sure if he makes a leap, same could be said for Jermaine Grace who they got as a steal UDFA.  The kid would have been drafted if he never got kicked out of Miami for off the field stuff.  He can run and move very well in space so many LB will not be a need.  

They could easily go CB or DT in the 1st round also, Harris would just be a luxury at RB not a super big need.   But there is also the board and not a ton of DT or CB talent at that late 1st round range, could go CJ Henderson or AJ Green but both might be a little reach at that point and no real DT fits the bill outside of Davis and Brown but both of them should be gone by then.  Maybe could go Kinlaw but he would have to have a really great year for that to happen.  And if Hageman does well it will not be an issue but that is a long shot with all the time he missed.

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You could be right for sure if he makes a leap, same could be said for Jermaine Grace who they got as a steal UDFA.  The kid would have been drafted if he never got kicked out of Miami for off the field stuff.  He can run and move very well in space so many LB will not be a need.  

They could easily go CB or DT in the 1st round also, Harris would just be a luxury at RB not a super big need.   But there is also the board and not a ton of DT or CB talent at that late 1st round range, could go CJ Henderson or AJ Green but both might be a little reach at that point and no real DT fits the bill outside of Davis and Brown but both of them should be gone by then.  Maybe could go Kinlaw but he would have to have a really great year for that to happen.  And if Hageman does well it will not be an issue but that is a long shot with all the time he missed.

Hageman isn't even going to make the roster...

As of now, I always point to contract situations. The idea of a LB doesn't seem bad. but currently, this is the Falcons offensive roster that's under contract for 2020:

QB Matt Ryan

RB Devonta Freeman, Ito Smith, Brian Hill (RFA), Qadree Ollison

FB (none)

WR Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Mohamed Sanu (possible cut), Russell Gage, Marcus Green, Olamide Zaccheus

TE Luke Stocker, Jaeden Graham

LT Jake Matthews, Matt Gono

LG Jamon Brown, James Carpenter

C Alex Mack

RG Chris Lindstrom

RT Kaleb McGary, Ty Sambrailo (possible cut)

Just on offense, I would say a swing tackle, future center, and wide receiver are all going to be needs in 2020's draft. Possibly even a backup QB if a good one falls to the 2nd. RB seems to be locked up unless Freeman totally sucks this year.

On defense, here's who's under contract:

DT Grady Jarrett, Deadrin Senat 

DE Allen Bailey, Takk McKinley, John Cominsky

LB Duke Riley, Deion Jones, Foye Oluokun, Del'Shawn Phillips

CB Desmond Trufant, Isaiah Oliver, Damontae Kazee, Kendall Sheffield, Jordan Miller

S Keanu Neal, Ricardo Allen, Chris Cooper

On defense, the line would still be a need. Davison, Crawford, Clayborn, and Beasley all come off the books. And if the Falcons feel Beasley isn't worth the time anymore, they'll look towards other avenues. DT, DE both big needs. CB on the other hand really isn't a need. Trufant and Oliver are both locked in at starter for the future. Just my view. 

20 hours ago, Ozzy said:

TE is a need unless someone else develops but yes McKeon in the 4th might not happen, I forgot I had them draft him when I updated and had them take Ferguson earlier which was a change from what I originally had them go with.  Regardless they need at least one in the draft.

Edge I agree is an issue but if Ansah plays up to his potential and Collier shows ability it might not be, and they got Marsh who is decent and Green.  With Davis I feel he could also play DE if asked similar to what they did with Red Bryant a few years back putting him on the edge at times, and Davis is a better pass rusher obviously than that but does need to step up big time this year, if he does he might be long gone by when they draft.  DT is an issue though potentially so it makes sense there also to get some type of pass rush from the inside when Reed is more a run stopper.

CB makes a lot of sense also I agree with that, but I doubt they move on from Shaq Griffin if they move on from anyone it would be Tre Flowers but he did amazing last year for a 5th round pick that only played safety in college I would say.  And sure safety might not be an issue but depends on how Blair and Amadi look and if one of them can take over a starting spot because Thompson and McDougald are not some great players or anything on paper just yet.  

In the 3rd round Bynum could be a good fit at CB and in the 4th potentially Okwara would be a great pickup as a DE instead of McKeon.  Heck Winfield has played the slot in college at times and might be great at that as well, still they need an impact safety and if those two rookies are not that they will keep looking for it.

And very true OL might not be an issue depending on how they play this season, they have a lot of decent bodies in there who can do some things but will see how Pocic is like you said.  With Iupati on that line they will be fun to watch, a bunch of maulers out there with he and Fluker at the other guard spot.  If they got CB 1st round not many would fit the bill outside of Bryce Hall but most likely he is long gone before the draft but maybe not, he would be a great fit in that system with his ball skills and length.

For TE, Im assuming Nick Vannett will depart via FA at the end of this year, so TE will be a need. That being said, PCJS have only drafted 3 TE's in their entire tenure. Luke Willson, Nick Vannett and Will Dissly. But with potentially (depending on comp picks) with 6-7 picks in the first 4 rounds, investing in a TE could be worth it. 

So a minor adjustment, LJ Collier was drafted to play the "Red Bryant-Michael Bennett" role 5 Tech. So unless he absolutely bombs this year, Seattle wouldnt invest another high draft pick on the position. The thing about DT is, if Seattle can resign Reed, they are set with Poona Ford, and Reed. Both players complement each other really well (Both eat blockers AND can penetrate). If they address the position early (which I hope they do), they will definitely be taking a disrupter and penetrator. Davis kinda fits that bill.

With edge, Seattle is missing that bluechip rusher (ala Avril + Clark). Marsh is a JAG (Seattle has been down this road with him before), Rasheem Green is probably better suited as a backup flex piece (lining up all over the DL), and Jacob Martin is probably best as a situational rusher (3rd and longs, in NASCAR packages). Seattle drafted Clark while they had Avril, so even if Ansah plays well, they could still fill in the position from behind. 

But who knows. Truthfully, trying to mock Seattle in the PCJS era is like trying to nail slime to a wall. 

I think Broncos priorities would be OT, WR and LB over CB, but I don't have enough info on Terrell to critize the pick.

That said, give me this for Denver (using your board):

1. Trey Adams OT
2. Shaquille Quaterman LB
3. Raequan Williams DT
3. (from Steelers) Jalen Reagor WR
4. Calvin Throckmorton OG (Don't see him on your board, would love him in the 4th)

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

I think Broncos priorities would be OT, WR and LB over CB, but I don't have enough info on Terrell to critize the pick.

That said, give me this for Denver (using your board):

1. Trey Adams OT
2. Shaquille Quaterman LB
3. Raequan Williams DT
3. (from Steelers) Jalen Reagor WR
4. Calvin Throckmorton OG (Don't see him on your board, would love him in the 4th)

I agree OT is an issue especially if Bolles does not play well this year, lucky for them they got a steal in Risner who was a 1st rounder all the way or should have been.

I think CB is a big issue for them unless Callahan is amazing and can become a starter.  Jackson not sure how much he has left in the tank, if he has a great year though for sure I could see them passing on a CB and going for and OT like Adams no doubt.  But Jackson I feel is a little on the decline but will see if he can change that.

They got Jewell, Todd Davis and Bierria at ILB so not sure that would be a need, and Quarterman is a little overrated I feel he should be a lot more dominating on the field than he has been.  A very good NT might make sense, I think Jones as a rookie will have a great year at the 3/4 DE spot as a pass rusher.  Kinlaw in the 2nd would be a great fit I feel.  And without question they will draft a WR but Sutton, Sanders and Hamilton is a nice little trio, Sutton has big time potential I feel and again should have probably been a 1st round pick.

In terms of that Oregon OL I need to see all of those guys more, there are a few who are impressive but I need to watch them more and become more familiar with what they can do.

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree OT is an issue especially if Bolles does not play well this year, lucky for them they got a steal in Risner who was a 1st rounder all the way or should have been.

I think CB is a big issue for them unless Callahan is amazing and can become a starter.  Jackson not sure how much he has left in the tank, if he has a great year though for sure I could see them passing on a CB and going for and OT like Adams no doubt.  But Jackson I feel is a little on the decline but will see if he can change that.

They got Jewell, Todd Davis and Bierria at ILB so not sure that would be a need, and Quarterman is a little overrated I feel he should be a lot more dominating on the field than he has been.  A very good NT might make sense, I think Jones as a rookie will have a great year at the 3/4 DE spot as a pass rusher.  Kinlaw in the 2nd would be a great fit I feel.  And without question they will draft a WR but Sutton, Sanders and Hamilton is a nice little trio, Sutton has big time potential I feel and again should have probably been a 1st round pick.

In terms of that Oregon OL I need to see all of those guys more, there are a few who are impressive but I need to watch them more and become more familiar with what they can do.

DBs in general won't be an issue for Denver this year, of course is just preseason but it looks like Fangio and Donatell already fixed this, Callahan was good for the Bears and will continue to do so in Denver (he is this coaching staff hidden gem) Jackson will start at S along with Simmons (who should be a priority resign or even a in-season extention) and Yiadom and Bausby looked great this preseason (specially against SF) and both received huge praise by PFF.

ILB is a big issue....Jewell looks slows and will probably the worst starter for Denver on the D. Davis is hurt and Bierria will probably not even make the final roster, Alexander Johnson will be the sole backup as the rookie Justin Hollins will play both OLB and ILB....unless Hollins shows he can be a starter, Denver have a big problem at this position.

DL will be a problem in 2020 as the starting group (Wolfe, Harris and Gotsis) are all free agents in 2020. I expect Jones to become a starter next season, but will be hard to bring two of the 3....unless Mike Purcell (who is a RFA at the end of the season) becomes Fangio's next Eddie Goldman, this position will need to be address early in the draft.

Bolles will need to have a huge jump (I'm a Bolles defender, but I'm losing hope) to stick next season and Risner will be great, but he will be our left guard of the future, not left tackle. Connor McGovern is a free agent too after this season and he is having a few problems transitioning to center. Denver will most likely need to find 2-3 new starters for the OL next season (specially if Leary can't stay healty). If Leary becomes a cap casualty (will save 8.5M if cut next March) I only see Risner and James coming back as starters for 2020 right now (If Bolles can show improvement will help a lot) I have faith UDFA John Leglue can develop into a starter in 2020 with Munchak coaching him this year, but thats a shot in the dark.

Sanders is also a UFA after the season and probably will be too expensive to keep, specially with so many players needing new contracts, so taking advantage of this huge WR class would be smart.

Not to mention that QB could be a need next draft as Drew Lock may be the future, but he will be on a short leash to develop fast (being a 2nd rounder doesn't help him keeping his job, ask Kizer how Cleveland handle him being a second round pick....well, ask Rosen too). For now Lock is hurt and may end up on IR to give him the redshirt year (he is not even close to being ready to be a starter).

With all this, even if CHJr walks after the season I highly doubt CB will be a priority for them....unless the guy that is available in the 1st round is too special to pass.

Edited by BowserBroncos

2 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

DBs in general won't be an issue for Denver this year, of course is just preseason but it looks like Fangio and Donatell already fixed this, Callahan was good for the Bears and will continue to do so in Denver (he is this coaching staff hidden gem) Jackson will start at S along with Simmons (who should be a priority resign or even a in-season extention) and Yiadom and Bausby looked great this preseason (specially against SF) and both received huge praise by PFF.

ILB is a big issue....Jewell looks slows and will probably the worst starter for Denver on the D. Davis is hurt and Bierria will probably not even make the final roster, Alexander Johnson will be the sole backup as the rookie Justin Hollins will play both OLB and ILB....unless Hollins shows he can be a starter, Denver have a big problem at this position.

DL will be a problem in 2020 as the starting group (Wolfe, Harris and Gotsis) are all free agents in 2020. I expect Jones to become a starter next season, but will be hard to bring two of the 3....unless Mike Purcell (who is a RFA at the end of the season) becomes Fangio's next Eddie Goldman, this position will need to be address early in the draft.

Bolles will need to have a huge jump (I'm a Bolles defender, but I'm losing hope) to stick next season and Risner will be great, but he will be our left guard of the future, not left tackle. Connor McGovern is a free agent too after this season and he is having a few problems transitioning to center. Denver will most likely need to find 2-3 new starters for the OL next season (specially if Leary can't stay healty). If Leary becomes a cap casualty (will save 8.5M if cut next March) I only see Risner and James coming back as starters for 2020 right now (If Bolles can show improvement will help a lot) I have faith UDFA John Leglue can develop into a starter in 2020 with Munchak coaching him this year, but thats a shot in the dark.

Sanders is also a UFA after the season and probably will be too expensive to keep, specially with so many players needing new contracts, so taking advantage of this huge WR class would be smart.

Not to mention that QB could be a need next draft as Drew Lock may be the future, but he will be on a short leash to develop fast (being a 2nd rounder doesn't help him keeping his job, ask Kizer how Cleveland handle him being a second round pick....well, ask Rosen too). For now Lock is hurt and may end up on IR to give him the redshirt year (he is not even close to being ready to be a starter).

With all this, even if CHJr walks after the season I highly doubt CB will be a priority for them....unless the guy that is available in the 1st round is too special to pass.

I did not know Jackson was moving to safety, I thought Parks was their safety and they got Sua Cravens after he retired, kid could ball when he was on Washington and healthy, he could be that athletic ILB.  In terms of Jewell I have not watched him a ton in the pros but he was solid in college and 58 total tackles as a rookie that did not play every single game is not that bad on paper I would say.  Is he that bad?  

Yiadom I did not know what doing that well at CB, was solid at BC but I liked John Johnson III way more than him on BC.

Justin Hollins I liked a lot in college, but will be hard to get any PT with Chubb and Miller around and not sure he is a ILB, I like him as a edge rusher with coverage skills and length but maybe he could play some ILB in a 3/4.  The 2020 draft is not super deep at DL so unless Derrick Brown falls to them or something not sure there are many options, that or R. Davis from Alabama.  And I doubt they let go all of those front line players, maybe Harris.

If the Bengals are picking that high, I understand taking a QB. However our two glaring weaknesses on the team are at RT and LB. Those two have to be addressed in the first 3 rounds next year. Unless AJ leaves, I doubt we draft a WR, we have a pretty stacked group right now..

21 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

If the Bengals are picking that high, I understand taking a QB. However our two glaring weaknesses on the team are at RT and LB. Those two have to be addressed in the first 3 rounds next year. Unless AJ leaves, I doubt we draft a WR, we have a pretty stacked group right now..

LB could be a weakness no doubt but I think Jefferson and Pratt could play very well this season, they are talented, if they do not for sure LB would be a big need.  Deshaun Davis could play well also potentially but will see.  Carl Lawson I think will blow up this year and become a great player on the edge potentially, he has looked very good in the preseason.  The Bengals could easily not be picking this high in the draft and have a decent year, the roster is ok but Jonah Williams being out for so long hurts a lot.  I think their 2019 draft was one of the best and deepest of any team in the NFL.  

Not sure I would call the WR group stacked, Ross gets injured a lot, Erickson is good but not sure he is great, Core is ok, Tate has potential and Boyd is the only real consistent player there outside of AJ who is injured for awhile.

Will be curious what happens because unless some vets retire the QB spot will be stacked like I said before in this thread, Tua and Herbert will go high but possibly will be to a team that is not in as desperate need of them outside of the Colts at the moment.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

LB could be a weakness no doubt but I think Jefferson and Pratt could play very well this season, they are talented, if they do not for sure LB would be a big need.  Deshaun Davis could play well also potentially but will see.  Carl Lawson I think will blow up this year and become a great player on the edge potentially, he has looked very good in the preseason.  The Bengals could easily not be picking this high in the draft and have a decent year, the roster is ok but Jonah Williams being out for so long hurts a lot.  I think their 2019 draft was one of the best and deepest of any team in the NFL.  

Not sure I would call the WR group stacked, Ross gets injured a lot, Erickson is good but not sure he is great, Core is ok, Tate has potential and Boyd is the only real consistent player there outside of AJ who is injured for awhile.

Will be curious what happens because unless some vets retire the QB spot will be stacked like I said before in this thread, Tua and Herbert will go high but possibly will be to a team that is not in as desperate need of them outside of the Colts at the moment.

Jefferson might be cut this weekend, thats how bad hes been. I think we see some waiver wire adds at linebacker. Lawson is playing DE so not really a LB. At WR we also have Damion Willis who not a lot of people know about, but hes been tearing it up, so much that Coach Taylor has already said hes gonna be the starter while AJ is out. We also have Stanley Morgan Jr. who will probably be a practice squad player but might see more action next year. I think every team in the NFL is pretty solid at WR at the moment for the most part. The Bengals might not even go QB if they pick that high because they love Dalton/Finley so much. I think if we perform poorly it will be due to OL play/defense, not on Dalton.

4 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Jefferson might be cut this weekend, thats how bad hes been. I think we see some waiver wire adds at linebacker. Lawson is playing DE so not really a LB. At WR we also have Damion Willis who not a lot of people know about, but hes been tearing it up, so much that Coach Taylor has already said hes gonna be the starter while AJ is out. We also have Stanley Morgan Jr. who will probably be a practice squad player but might see more action next year. I think every team in the NFL is pretty solid at WR at the moment for the most part. The Bengals might not even go QB if they pick that high because they love Dalton/Finley so much. I think if we perform poorly it will be due to OL play/defense, not on Dalton.

I know Lawson is playing DE, just saying he could have a really awesome seasons if he can stay healthy, so compact and strong.  I did not know Jefferson was playing that poorly, I liked the upside he showed while at Texas but maybe he just cannot take that next step.  I saw Willis has been playing well as a UDFA, but it is just the preseason will see if he can do that when it matters but wow a starter?  Doubt that lasts but will see, and I like Morgan a ton out of Nebraska, got another steal there potentially.  

The Vikings are not solid at WR outside of Diggs and Thielen, arguably the best two route runners at WR on any one team in the NFL.  But the depth is an issue and who that 3rd WR is right now is a big question mark.  And sure if I looked more some other teams might have some issues there as well.   I would like Finley also, loved him in college and he looks like a future starter no doubt.  So OL might make sense for them sure, Andrew Thomas would be the ideal for them.  

They have a solid roster no question but coach Taylor I am not a fan of that kid, he was a pretty crap QB at Nebraska and what makes him this amazing head coach I have no idea.  But I would still take him over Kliff Kingsbury but those two are arguably the worse head coaches in the NFL currently.  Maybe he will do well though but Marvin Lewis was a legend and commanded respect, Zac Taylor is not that and honestly was probably hired because they think they will maybe get the next Sean McVay.  Green Bay did the same thing, any coach that has any connection to McVay or has been on his staff is hired especially if they are young because they want to get the next 'McVay' type young up and coming coach. 

Will see how they do overall but I could see some locker room respect issues with him from veteran players.  Hell could argue Andy Dalton would be a more respected head coach than Zac Taylor because he was way more successful in college and has been a damn decent pro QB, Taylor has done little to nothing and I bet Dalton knows more about offense and playing QB than Taylor does, but Dalton can still play so he is doing that instead currently.

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

coach Taylor I am not a fan of that kid, he was a pretty crap QB at Nebraska and what makes him this amazing head coach I have no idea

I was skeptical at first as well, but so far hes been a breath of fresh air. At least he knows the right things to say, and he is breeding competition in the locker room (ie: last year first round pick Billy Price has been benched for former undrafted C Trey Hopkins). Draft status means nothing, the best players play, and that has somewhat shown up in the preseason stats. He has hired a bunch of assistants that Marvin never had to help with game management and special situations. Whether this all translates on the field, we wont know till next week. 

5 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I'm on board with Tua if we are picking THAT high (which I doubt).  After that I want OL and LB with every pick.  The rest of the roster is actually solid.