2020 4 Round Mock Draft

Ozzy

On 28/08/2019 at 5:04 PM, Ozzy said:

I did not know Jackson was moving to safety, I thought Parks was their safety and they got Sua Cravens after he retired, kid could ball when he was on Washington and healthy, he could be that athletic ILB.  In terms of Jewell I have not watched him a ton in the pros but he was solid in college and 58 total tackles as a rookie that did not play every single game is not that bad on paper I would say.  Is he that bad?  

Yiadom I did not know what doing that well at CB, was solid at BC but I liked John Johnson III way more than him on BC.

Justin Hollins I liked a lot in college, but will be hard to get any PT with Chubb and Miller around and not sure he is a ILB, I like him as a edge rusher with coverage skills and length but maybe he could play some ILB in a 3/4.  The 2020 draft is not super deep at DL so unless Derrick Brown falls to them or something not sure there are many options, that or R. Davis from Alabama.  And I doubt they let go all of those front line players, maybe Harris.

Jackson played a little of safety in Houston. One of the first things Fangio said is that he wants his players to be versatile enough to play multiple positions. So Jackson spent Camp as the starting S along with Simmons. Parks will see the field too (either when Jackson aligns at CB or when they put 3 Safeties on the field). Cravens may play his final game today, he even knows that...he thanked the fans on Twitter that if today is his last game in Denver he enjoyed every second.

I liked a Jewell a lot coming out of Iowa and he indeed put up good numbers, but he is a liability covering passes. Fangio likes his his ILB covering sideline-to-sideline, Jewell will need to step up. Hope he does.

Yiadom and Bausby are playing great, hope they can mirror those game in the regular season.

Hollins being played at both positions during this camp and for now he is doing a good job.

They will need to do a great job resign players next offseason as Wolfe, Shelby Harris, Gotsis, Chris Harris, Simmons, Parks, Sanders and McGovern are all UFA.

It is way too early to mock and even earlier to criticize a mock, but here goes.

I predict Justin Herbert will go 1st overall.
He just has that NFL skill set that is so coveted.
The QB position has been evolving since Randall Cunningham, but it hasn't made that 180.
It always comes back to the same place.
And forget who is the worst team.  There will be a trade if necessary.

The Eagles won't take a LB in the first round.
Name the last one they took?
Jerry Robinson in 1978.
The current philosophy has not changed in 40 years, much less 20.

Jacob Eason will find his way into the 1st.
QB's are in that kind of demand.
Two words:  Daniel Jones
Also, I find it interesting that he goes above Fromm.  And I agree.

It was nice to see Laviska Shenault getting some credit.
He is uncoverable.
However, I don't think he'll go to Indy.
I can see either bay team chasing him.

I also think Eno Benjamin goes higher.
He has the same kind of lateral skills as LeSean McCoy did coming out.

I agree the Eagles will probably draft a QB.
I am OK with Montez if they take one in the 4th.
Again, as a QB, he may go sooner than that.

So, most of what I had to say revolved around the Eagles and the Pac-12 (Pac-10 to me).
That's what I know.
Good effort.

On 8/30/2019 at 6:56 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Don't know anything about Gaziano. What you seeing in him?

He has 6 caused fumbles the past two years and has got sacks consistently for three years in a row on Northwestern.  He gives great effort consistently game in and game out, knows how to get penetration on the edge and plays the game with passion.  He is a fridge 1st rounder I feel but sure could fall to the 2nd.  High motor high effort guy that plays the game the right way and is productive, 4.5, 9 and 7 sacks the past three years is very good and if he can do even better this year great.

4 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

It is way too early to mock and even earlier to criticize a mock, but here goes.

I predict Justin Herbert will go 1st overall.
He just has that NFL skill set that is so coveted.
The QB position has been evolving since Randall Cunningham, but it hasn't made that 180.
It always comes back to the same place.
And forget who is the worst team.  There will be a trade if necessary.

The Eagles won't take a LB in the first round.
Name the last one they took?
Jerry Robinson in 1978.
The current philosophy has not changed in 40 years, much less 20.

Jacob Eason will find his way into the 1st.
QB's are in that kind of demand.
Two words:  Daniel Jones
Also, I find it interesting that he goes above Fromm.  And I agree.

It was nice to see Laviska Shenault getting some credit.
He is uncoverable.
However, I don't think he'll go to Indy.
I can see either bay team chasing him.

I also think Eno Benjamin goes higher.
He has the same kind of lateral skills as LeSean McCoy did coming out.

I agree the Eagles will probably draft a QB.
I am OK with Montez if they take one in the 4th.
Again, as a QB, he may go sooner than that.

So, most of what I had to say revolved around the Eagles and the Pac-12 (Pac-10 to me).
That's what I know.
Good effort.

He could but sad for Herbert not many teams in the NFL honestly need a QB unless a lot of guys retire.  So #1 overall for a QB might not happen, Andrew Thomas could take that spot or Chase Young potentially.  I liked how he played against Auburn those this weekend even in a loss, has a lot of Josh Allen to his game with his athletic ability, throwing on the run and big arm/size.

Eason I agree will maybe go 1st round but again depends on who even needs a QB.  Unless some guys retire there is just not a lot of spots out there.  Tyree Jackson, Cardale Jones, Kevin Hogan, DeShone Kizer, Kyle Sloter, Paxton Lynch, Tyler Bray, Jeff Driskel, Brett Rypien, Tom Savage, Kyle Shurmur, Brandon Allen, Brian Hoyer, Cody Kessler and Clayton Thorson were all cut.  Some made practice squads or were picked up by other teams but still, that is a ton of QBs and if those guys get cut there is not a ton of room out there for QBs.

Benjamin I like no doubt but again how many teams even need a RB, there will be a lot of them and teams could get steals in the 2nd or 3rd round I feel at RB.  In terms of Shenault I think those who have him top 10 are overrating the kid.  He did not even have that good of game against a poor Colorado State team, like his upside but there are so many WRs better and faster than him, but will see if he can improve and be a little more consistent and stay healthy.

Bad thing about any of this stuff is that after week 1 it has all changed with the cuts made in the NFL and the way certain players looked in their first weeks.  So it was preseason and might just keep it that way and not edit it as the year goes on much if at all.  Just after week one Andrew Thomas I moved way up, same with Jonathan Taylor same with Higgins and CeeDee Lamb is moved down, same with Najee Harris etc. 

Thank you for not choking MIA to death with Tua. lol....
MIA for #1 QB in 2021, NOT 2020 (i think T.Lawrence is a FAR better prospect than Taglskjdkrfjweoijcklskjdf/don't know how to spell it)!!
Fix the lines, Fix....the....lines.... Recycle/Work a 1st or 2nd to keep upper draft capital year over year.

based on the resigning of Myles Jack i think u can scratch the position off day1/day 2 unless theres crazy value to be had(Williams showed out early enough to claim the starting WLB job along with Jacobs being a solid sam(maybe plays 40% aof snaps cuz most defense is nickle and dime and jack just got top 3 ILB money. 

i think WR, OT, S, CB, TE, C, DE, DT could be the top needs. 

we dont have a true number 1. we have a pile of number 2/3 wrs.  OT cuz Robinson is still unproven at this point at LT.  Safety because we dont know if wilson will show to be a good starter or not at FS.  CB cuz once ramsey gets paid bouye is likely gone cuz the odds of a team investing 30+ million in 2 corners is very slim.   TE because our group of TEs are unproven. i like oliver but he hasnt shown much so a TE should be in the cards.  Center cuz Linder is constantly hurt and we could make the change to save some cash. DE cuz i believe Ngakoue will be with the jags for this season and next at most leaving us with just josh allen as our true edge rusher.  DL cuz Campbell, Dareus, Jones all could be gone next year and while we invested a 1st in Tavern bryan he hasnt played like a guy of 1st round talent and we drafted a 7th round guy to be a future backup NT(i dont count on 7th rounders becoming starters).  

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

based on the resigning of Myles Jack i think u can scratch the position off day1/day 2 unless theres crazy value to be had(Williams showed out early enough to claim the starting WLB job along with Jacobs being a solid sam(maybe plays 40% aof snaps cuz most defense is nickle and dime and jack just got top 3 ILB money. 

i think WR, OT, S, CB, TE, C, DE, DT could be the top needs. 

we dont have a true number 1. we have a pile of number 2/3 wrs.  OT cuz Robinson is still unproven at this point at LT.  Safety because we dont know if wilson will show to be a good starter or not at FS.  CB cuz once ramsey gets paid bouye is likely gone cuz the odds of a team investing 30+ million in 2 corners is very slim.   TE because our group of TEs are unproven. i like oliver but he hasnt shown much so a TE should be in the cards.  Center cuz Linder is constantly hurt and we could make the change to save some cash. DE cuz i believe Ngakoue will be with the jags for this season and next at most leaving us with just josh allen as our true edge rusher.  DL cuz Campbell, Dareus, Jones all could be gone next year and while we invested a 1st in Tavern bryan he hasnt played like a guy of 1st round talent and we drafted a 7th round guy to be a future backup NT(i dont count on 7th rounders becoming starters).  

Oliver I think could be an awesome pro but will see.  Looking at it more for sure safety could be an issue they address early.  WR not sure, Coughlin likes a deep DL instead of a deep WR core usually so if Dareus is out, DL for sure would be one concern as well.  Bryan was never a fan of that pick, he was picked too high but maybe he will be ok will see.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Oliver I think could be an awesome pro but will see.  Looking at it more for sure safety could be an issue they address early.  WR not sure, Coughlin likes a deep DL instead of a deep WR core usually so if Dareus is out, DL for sure would be one concern as well.  Bryan was never a fan of that pick, he was picked too high but maybe he will be ok will see.

Deflipio will get into coughlins ears saying to really turn this offense up a notch we need a true number 1 wr. 

word was we were all set to pick up Hockenson when josh allen somehow fell to us(incredible value) so coughlin does consider value but coughlin really needs to get this offense rolling hard and the 1 player whom ive heard is the entire life blood of the offense is fournette. a WR who can grab a 2nd guy and force teams to double him would do wonders for Foles and for giving fournette less stacked boxes.    could even throw RB into the mix if coughlin feels like replacing fournette with a more explosive back who has vision and durability, 

round `1 should be offense unless theres some crazy value pick like someone who shouldnt be there falling kinda like derwin james falling to the chargers. 

Added some new players to the mock draft, was thinking of going more round but at this point in the season with no compensatory picks included there is no point going beyond this, especially with no draft order in stone either.  Just an early look at some of the players out there, also added these guys to the mock in various rounds.

John Simpson Clemson SR OG
KeShawn Vaughn Vandy SR RB
Tommy Kraemer Notre Dame RS JR OG
Shane Lemieux Oregon RS SR OG

Julian Blackmon Utah SR S
Tyler Vaughns USC RS JR
Leki Fotu Utah SR DT
Bradlee Anae Utah SR DE

KJ Costello Stanford RS JR
Khalid Kareem Notre Dame SR DE

• 2 weeks later...

Packers: Not a fan of QB in the first. They will be in win mode as long as Aaron is in GB and drafting a QB in the first does not help with that. Now if in 2021 Trevor Lawrence dropped to the Packers in the first that would be different but taking a QB at or higher than his draft position just doesn’t make sense.

Id go either DE/OT/WR with this pick.

11 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Packers: Not a fan of QB in the first. They will be in win mode as long as Aaron is in GB and drafting a QB in the first does not help with that. Now if in 2021 Trevor Lawrence dropped to the Packers in the first that would be different but taking a QB at or higher than his draft position just doesn’t make sense.

Id go either DE/OT/WR with this pick.

Honestly, the only guys I'd potentially want over Jordan Love there would be either Paddy Fischer/Joe Bachie if we lose Blake Martinez or Albert Okwuegbunam due to how much of a perfect fit he is with Rodgers. However, I highly doubt we'd even go ILB in the 1st due to how we've treated the position in the past. So, naturally, that means Okwuegbunam or Love at that pick. Considering Love's upside at such a premium position and our recent 3rd round investment in Jace Sternberger, we'd be hard pressed to pass on him. Based on how this draft falls, I'd go...

1.20 - Jordan Love | QB | Utah State
2.52 - Isaiah Wilson | OT | Georgia
3.84 - Shaquille Quarterman | ILB | Miami (FL)
4.116 - TJ Vasher | WR | Texas Tech

And we try to repeat the process of how we handled Favre/Rodgers. Love sits for a few seasons until we think he's ready for meaningful reps and we're ready to move on from Aaron.

Edited by beekay414