2020 4 Round Mock Draft

Ozzy

21 hours ago, animaltested said:

Gonna need some justification here for Seattle taking a RB in the top 20 with Chris Carson being arguably a top 5-7 RB and Penny (whom I'm assuming you see as a bust) and his 1st round investment entering his third year. 

Etienne provides something the other two do not, big play threat with speed and if they do indeed want to run the ball and do it a ton, why not get another back if they like him?  And they could still get a potential star safety in McKinney 2nd round, potential star TE in Ferguson (if he comes out) and a fine WR in Victor even though 3rd round might be a little low for him.  I would like that draft for Seattle if it did happen.  Sure they could go safety 1st round but no real safety is there that would be worth a pick at that mid 1st round area, CB maybe but depends on how those guys play, and even CB not many in that mid round range, Henderson is a reach even as a 1st rounder and Terrell and Hall should be both gone also.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, the only guys I'd potentially want over Jordan Love there would be either Paddy Fischer/Joe Bachie if we lose Blake Martinez or Albert Okwuegbunam due to how much of a perfect fit he is with Rodgers. However, I highly doubt we'd even go ILB in the 1st due to how we've treated the position in the past. So, naturally, that means Okwuegbunam or Love at that pick. Considering Love's upside at such a premium position and our recent 3rd round investment in Jace Sternberger, we'd be hard pressed to pass on him. Based on how this draft falls, I'd go...

1.20 - Jordan Love | QB | Utah State
2.52 - Isaiah Wilson | OT | Georgia
3.84 - Shaquille Quarterman | ILB | Miami (FL)
4.116 - TJ Vasher | WR | Texas Tech

And we try to repeat the process of how we handled Favre/Rodgers. Love sits for a few seasons until we think he's ready for meaningful reps and we're ready to move on from Aaron.

That is pretty much what I was thinking exactly.  Need a backup to develop and wait for the future, Tim Boyle is just a guy not a future and they had to address that backup QB spot because if not and Rodgers goes down it will not be good.  I do not like Hundley a great deal but he looks amazing compared to Tim Boyle. Guess he did beat out Kizer and surprised Kizer did not take advantage of that opportunity but clearly never made the roster which was a surprise.  Why teams all of a sudden want only two QBs I do not know, hard to develop properly on the practice squad without being taken away by a team in need of a QB, and being on the roster around the action helps.  But a lot of teams are going only two QBs and that is it which is surprising.

Based on how the OL looked early this season yes I agree OT is possibly a much more likely 2nd round pick now and the defense might be much less of an issue potentially but will see how they look against better offenses than the Bears.   Savage looked great in that first game at safety and that could solve the issue in the middle but was only one game though.

18 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Packers: Not a fan of QB in the first. They will be in win mode as long as Aaron is in GB and drafting a QB in the first does not help with that. Now if in 2021 Trevor Lawrence dropped to the Packers in the first that would be different but taking a QB at or higher than his draft position just doesn’t make sense.

Id go either DE/OT/WR with this pick.

WR there would not be many there to take I feel, OT might be a possibility depending on who declares for the draft.  RB might also be an option, the ones they have are ok but if Swift or Etienne are around they would be hard to pass up.  Much less someone like McFarland if he declares or Dobbins also in the 2nd or late 1st.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, the only guys I'd potentially want over Jordan Love there would be either Paddy Fischer/Joe Bachie if we lose Blake Martinez or Albert Okwuegbunam due to how much of a perfect fit he is with Rodgers. However, I highly doubt we'd even go ILB in the 1st due to how we've treated the position in the past. So, naturally, that means Okwuegbunam or Love at that pick. Considering Love's upside at such a premium position and our recent 3rd round investment in Jace Sternberger, we'd be hard pressed to pass on him. Based on how this draft falls, I'd go...

1.20 - Jordan Love | QB | Utah State
2.52 - Isaiah Wilson | OT | Georgia
3.84 - Shaquille Quarterman | ILB | Miami (FL)
4.116 - TJ Vasher | WR | Texas Tech

And we try to repeat the process of how we handled Favre/Rodgers. Love sits for a few seasons until we think he's ready for meaningful reps and we're ready to move on from Aaron.

So if you want to repeat the Rodgers/Favre process you are basically saying Love is a potential overall #1 pick, is that an accurate assessment? 

19 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

So if you want to repeat the Rodgers/Favre process you are basically saying Love is a potential overall #1 pick, is that an accurate assessment? 

How do you deduce that? The QB doesn't have to be the top pick to follow the same principle. Pat Mahomes ring a bell?

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

How do you deduce that? The QB doesn't have to be the top pick to follow the same principle. Pat Mahomes ring a bell?

It 100% has to to follow the same Rodgers/Favre story. The only reason GB went for a QB in round 1 in 2005 was because they felt the best QB (possibly best player) fell to them in the 20s. If they were to draft a QB in the first round next year it would have to be someone they felt was a top 5 player that falls to them or else it 100% does not follow the same narrative. GB picking a QB in the first next year would be ridiculously stupid, especially if Rodgers plans to play another 5 years as he plans to.

The Mahomes situation is completely irrelevant in this case.

13 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

When is this mock gonna be updated?

Not sure I will update it but will see.  Would have to basically completely change the entire draft order based on the early season, then edit and re do every single pick in the draft when honestly I am more interested in watching prospects and ranking players by class and by current draft grouping, than getting each and every team need correct when things changes so often in the order and in the needs.

But yeah obviously the Dolphins are tanking and could go with Tua #1 overall or Young, Young might be the best bet if Rosen does a little this year, or they could go QB later in the 1st round with all the picks they have and then address the OL also.  How many 1st rounders they got now like 3 or 4.  Still pathetic to trade Fitzpatrick but I guess get him out since he wanted out but doubt they will get a equally good defensive back in the 1st round compared to him but will see.  

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

But yeah obviously the Dolphins are tanking and could go with Tua #1 overall or Young, Young might be the best bet if Rosen does a little this year, or they could go QB later in the 1st round with all the picks they have and then address the OL also.  How many 1st rounders they got now like 3 or 4.  Still pathetic to trade Fitzpatrick but I guess get him out since he wanted out but doubt they will get a equally good defensive back in the 1st round compared to him but will see.  

I'm not sold that Miami is sold on Tua. This is a 2-3 year plan.

They got 3 1st Round picks: MIA, HOU, PIT.

Will you add comp picks next time around?

CB#2 is looking like a huge need too. If that HOU pick is Top 10 and we could get Bryce Hall and put him next to X, that'd be crazy.

Edited by Tetsujin