2019 Roster Injury Tracker

DreamKid

i mean, everything is possible but Allen has thrown 3 TDs once this season, against the Fins.

i understand having a slight inferiority complex as a Ravens fan who was used to years of never really having the team play to their max talent consistently (as did i), but i am absolutely confident in the believe the Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC. its time for Ravens fans to not expect a let down - as has been the case nearly every week this season reading through this very forum - but rather another beat down of the opponent iyam. this team has shown it can beat down on any competition it faces and i fully expect this to continue through week 17.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, berlin calling said:

i mean, everything is possible but Allen has thrown 3 TDs once this season, against the Fins.

i understand having a slight inferiority complex as a Ravens fan who was used to years of never really having the team play to their max talent consistently (as did i), but i am absolutely confident in the believe the Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC. its time for Ravens fans to not expect a let down - as has been the case nearly every week this season reading through this very forum - but rather another beat down of the opponent iyam. this team has shown it can beat down on any competition it faces and i fully expect this to continue through week 17.

Like I said, I’m not saying I expect us to lose, but I believe the Bills are a much better team than being given credit for. They are 8-3 for a reason. They’ve got good coaching as well that comes from the same Andy Reid coaching tree as Harbaugh, that has developed under Rivera in Carolina defensively with McDermott.

This is a Bills team that hung with the Patriots despite Allen turning the ball over 4 times in the game. Since then Allen has been much better with not playing so reckless and not turning the ball over as much. They’ve got a defense that is athletic and strong and can cause problems. It’s impactful at all three levels.

So I’m not using Flacco letdown syndrome to affect my belief. I simply think they’re going to be a tough matchup. Someone could easily make the case that they’re the most COMPLETE (not best or most talented), but complete defense in the NFL. At every level they have a stud. They’ve got Jordan Phillips upfront. At LB you’ve got Tremaine Edmunds and then at DB you’ve got TreDavious White. Their defense has forced the most negative offensive plays in the NFL this season.

Also I believe Allen has more propensity to beat us with his combination between his legs and his arm than I believe Jimmy G and Tom Brady could do. Those are things that could keep the Bills in the game and potentially win it down the stretch. If the Bills defense can force our offense to scoring only 21-24 points, I think they’ve got a shot. It would just require Josh Allen to ball out and Lamar to have just an average day.

So there are a lot of reasons that I believe that game will be tough and “loseable”, but the Flacco letdown syndrome isn’t one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Crazy. Glad the surgery was successful, and best wishes to him going forward. Just wasn't meant to be this year, but he provided a real spark for us last year as a return man.

I’m sure he’ll get a ring sent to him as having been apart of this team similar to with Cam Cameron when we won the SB.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, drd23 said:

Occasionally you can't if the tear is small enough, but it didn't look like an Achilles tear to me live

Even a regular calf strain can take a month or more to heal from completely - and if it is not fully healed, it will pop up again like a harmstring injury.

I hope this is nothing, as Ingram has been so much more important than I anticipated going into the season. Gus on the other hand has some fresh legs and we finally saw Justice Hill being able to to just a little bit today

Seems to be what was expected. Good that its not Achilles related. Hopefully it heals up for the playoffs, but it could be something that limits or slows him to some degree. Just in case, we need to make sure Gus is ready for a bigger workload and work with Hill on running the right lanes. 

20 hours ago, Danand said:

Even a regular calf strain can take a month or more to heal from completely - and if it is not fully healed, it will pop up again like a harmstring injury.

I hope this is nothing, as Ingram has been so much more important than I anticipated going into the season. Gus on the other hand has some fresh legs and we finally saw Justice Hill being able to to just a little bit today

Have him sleep in a hyperbolic chamber like Terrell Owens and he should be fine come playoff time. I mean we essentially would have three weeks before he would have to play. I’m not worried about a veteran like him practicing so much as long as he’s healthy.

I say get him some limited reps in that last week and he should be good to go... unless this is more sever than what they’re letting on. Which I would imagine with this team it’s actually the opposite. They usually like to make things seem more sever for a competitive advantage over an opposing team.

5 hours ago, drd23 said:

Good news

Yup. I’ve had minor calf strains before, nothing major. They said it was minor to moderate so I figured he would be back to 100% let alone “back”. I still wouldn’t test it in the game too much. Let Gus Edwards get the majority of the carries (which he earned in that final game) and let Ingram get a healthy amount of touches, something like 10 combined between running and receiving. That way by the time the AFCCG he should definitely be fully good to go. As we’ll need everyone operating at 100 to be able to take out the Chiefs.

But what could be more special than to take them out with the Suggs on their roster. Let him know what he missed out on by not believing in Lamar and the front office.