Preseason Week 3 Texans vs Cowboys

lumberjackchris

The Luck retirement overshadowed arguably the worst preseason performance I've ever seen. If this is a dress rehearsal, this team is going 5-11.

My biggest fear is that this Lamar Miller injury is a mulligan for a shoddy season, and BOB is given another year. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

The Luck retirement overshadowed arguably the worst preseason performance I've ever seen. If this is a dress rehearsal, this team is going 5-11.

My biggest fear is that this Lamar Miller injury is a mulligan for a shoddy season, and BOB is given another year. 

I really think we are too talented to go 5-11 but I think BOB has job security at this point. 

Either that or the GM vacancy means we are considering cleaning house after this season. 

Either way, I like Miller but he’s not good enough to be mulligan worthy or to tank a season. 

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

Hmm, as it stands Marlon Mack and Sony Michel are the only RBs from last years AFC playoff teams that are returning as starters this year and neither of them even won the job until midseason.  NFC has late season/playoff non factor Gurley and sub 900 yard rushing gadget backs returning along with 7th round afterthought Chris Carson. L. Miller contributed a whopping 5 Tds last year vs. the 14 Kareem Hunt did in 70% of the season he played in and I didn't see KC folding up their tent. James Conner, Philip Lindsay, Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, Matt Brieda, Tevin Coleman, Aaron Jones, Doug Martin, Frank Gore, Gus Edwards, Isiah Crowell, were all backups who led their team in rushing. 

We have the #4 defense returning with an improved secondary, the 2nd best QB under 35 in the NFL, the best WR, a top 5 deep threat when healthy, and 5 quality TEs.  JJ Watt may be the biggest lock for the hall of fame of any non QB in the NFL and is only 30 and we have a premier front 7 all in their prime, and a Special Teams unit that was rock solid. Sure the o-line is suspect, but the interior line may be the best we've had in years if we actually go with Howard, Fulton, Warring so are you telling me we can do WORSE than Davenport/Lamm at tackle?  The Browns are practically being plugged into the playoffs and they have street washout FA Greg Robinson and 6' 3" UDFA (from UAB no less) Chris Hubbard at T with Kendall Lamm as swing.  Aside from Costanzo, there isn't a decent tackle in our division (who isn't a crying roid freak or crippled former top 10 overall RT who's team has so much faith in him they didn't even pick up his 5th year option).   If Lamar Miller is our excuse for a 2nd mulligan in 3 years for a guy who's career highlight is beating Matt McGloin in a Wild Card forfeit it's clear paltry division banners crowning us the tallest amongst our midget division that features 1 ring amongts us is the high water mark for ownership that knows the only standard it will ever be held to is to not threaten to move to Nashville, Jacksonville, or Baltimore. 

Edited by Apollo Stallion

24 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

If Lamar Miller is our excuse for a 2nd mulligan in 3 years for a guy who's career highlight is beating Matt McGloin in a Wild Card forfeit it's clear paltry division banners crowning us the tallest amongst our midget division that features 1 ring amongts us is the high water mark for ownership that knows the only standard it will ever be held to is to not threaten to move to Nashville, Jacksonville, or Baltimore. 

Indeed. This is my fear. Anyone worth their salt can see this has been a disaster of an off-season, and everyone can feel the incoming train wreck.

However, it still feels as if Jack Easterby, BOB and the rest of the New England contingency are simply flushing this season down the drain and waiting until Nick Caserio jumps ship. 

On 8/26/2019 at 9:22 PM, ET80 said:

Indeed. This is my fear. Anyone worth their salt can see this has been a disaster of an off-season, and everyone can feel the incoming train wreck.

However, it still feels as if Jack Easterby, BOB and the rest of the New England contingency are simply flushing this season down the drain and waiting until Nick Caserio jumps ship. 

Yep, only the Texans would have the Bible study leader directing the future of the franchise.  Wouldn't shock me at all if Easterby objects to that sinner Clowney having a child out of wedlock and wants to rebuild the org into his choirboy image. The logical move for a team operating without a qualified GM, would be to hold off on any major franchise altering moves until Caserio can lead it.  Easterby is supposed to be everybodies best friend, so just let him earn his $ by smoothing things over with Clowney and let Caserio navigate the Clowney deal with a full deck of options next offseason vs. throwing away a massive asset on a crap post-franchise deadline deal for some o-line patchwork, or generic skill position piece. I'm fine with the underlings trolling the waiver wires and such, but most franchises don't every even get 1 #1 overall pick, better yet squander 3 of them with garbage returns after tanking their value.

Edited by Apollo Stallion
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Yep, only the Texans would have the Bible study leader directing the future of the franchise.  Wouldn't shock me at all if Easterby objects to that sinner Clowney having a child out of wedlock and wants to rebuild the org into his choirboy image. The logical move for a team operating without a qualified GM, would be to hold off on any major franchise altering moves until Caserio can lead it.  Easterby is supposed to be everybodies best friend, so just let him earn his $ by smoothing things over with Clowney and let Caserio navigate the Clowney deal with a full deck of options next offseason vs. throwing away a massive asset on a crap post-franchise deadline deal for some o-line patchwork, or generic skill position piece. I'm fine with the underlings trolling the waiver wires and such, but most franchises don't every even get 1 #1 overall pick, better yet squander 3 of them with garbage returns after tanking their value.

This irrational Clowney love has led to religion bashing now? And it’s getting liked by a mod instead of called out.?

its like the Texans forum has entered the twilight zone. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This irrational Clowney love has led to religion bashing now? And it’s getting liked by a mod instead of called out.?

its like the Texans forum has entered the twilight zone. 

You call that "religion bashing"? He's referencing Bible study, not really diving into anything beyond that. You could sub out the Bible for the Torah, Koran, Bhagavad Gita, etc... and it doesn't really change his statement. I liked it because it's calling out one of the biggest issues with our FO, Jack Easterby.

If you're that offended by it... OK I guess:

Quick reminder: Please do not talk about religion. Tks.

- ET

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

You call that "religion bashing"? He's referencing Bible study, not really diving into anything beyond that. You could sub out the Bible for the Torah, Koran, Bhagavad Gita, etc... and it doesn't really change his statement. I liked it because it's calling out one of the biggest issues with our FO, Jack Easterby.

If you're that offended by it... OK I guess:

Quick reminder: Please do not talk about religion. Tks.

- ET

He is claiming that the Clowney situation is religiously motivated but whatever   

Just another example of the irrational Clowney love on the page. It’s getting unbearable.