Cam Newton injures foot

iknowcool

• 4 weeks later...

"Re-aggravated"  I don't think he was ever fully healed.  A fully healed Newton isn't running for -2 yards through 2 games.  I said it on the Gameday thread in NFLGen that he looked really slow on one run before tossing it out of bounds.  He didn't even try to pick up yards.

We should go ahead and IR him.  If somehow we're still in the playoff mix, bring him back but he needs to rest.  I hate to say it but he doesn't seem very effective without his legs.  So why play him if we can't maximize his running ability, or at least utilize it to some extent?

Edited by iknowcool

23 hours ago, iknowcool said:

"Re-aggravated"  I don't think he was ever fully healed.  A fully healed Newton isn't running for -2 yards through 2 games.  I said it on the Gameday thread in NFLGen that he looked really slow on one run before tossing it out of bounds.  He didn't even try to pick up yards.

We should go ahead and IR him.  If somehow we're still in the playoff mix, bring him back but he needs to rest.  I hate to say it but he doesn't seem very effective without his legs.  So why play him if we can't maximize his running ability, or at least utilize it to some extent?

This is exactly what should happen. Only thing is, with Brees being hurt and the division wide open, I bet they hold out hope he is in decent enough shape to go in a few weeks and you guys try to make a playoff push. No one is running away from the division anytime soon. But long-term, he shouldn't be back until he is fully healed or close to it, and that's not happening just after a few weeks.