Preseason Week 3 - GDT - SF 49ers @ KC Chiefs

oldman9er

Late in the first half of the 49ers' third preseason game Saturday, Jimmy Garoppolo knew Dante Pettis was covered by three Kansas City Chiefs defenders in the end zone.

But the quarterback took a chance anyway, and he told KNBR's "Tolbert, Krueger and Brooks" on Wednesday that it was by design. 

"A big part of that is it still being preseason, or in practice you try things like that," Garoppolo said when KNBR's Tom Tolbert asked about the throw. "You know during a real game you wouldn't make that throw or that decision, but there's a trust factor between quarterback and ... whoever's catching the ball. The more you try those things, you see who's going to make the play for you in a crucial situation. If you put it in a good spot for them to make a play, you expect them  to make a play. They expect you to give them a chance to make play, so I think it works both ways. Them trusting me, me trusting them. ... [That] comes with reps."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/why-49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-likes-take-chances-preseason-reps

Edited by PapaShogun