Preseason week three: Browns @ Bucs

bucsfan333

44 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

There should be no more media conjecture about Hudson being a bubble player.  No one else on offense can block, why should he be singled out.  😀

Seriously, I get the blocking was a concern.  Watching other preseason games, oline play has been less then stellar league wide.  Also, this is still a new offensive scheme so there is a learning curve.  I m concerned, but not over reacting yet.  No need to listen to certain podcasts this week.

It’s a fair point that there’s a learning curve, but this was basic pass pro and both tackles not getting into the correct position/ being generally slow.

If they were playing lights out, I’d be downplaying it, but they’ve been poor, so the alarm bells are ringing.

We’re Bucs fans though so we don’t know how to be optimistic anymore...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

It’s a fair point that there’s a learning curve, but this was basic pass pro and both tackles not getting into the correct position/ being generally slow.

If they were playing lights out, I’d be downplaying it, but they’ve been poor, so the alarm bells are ringing.

We’re Bucs fans though so we don’t know how to be optimistic anymore...

The tackles need to stay on their feet and force DEs to the outside.  The communication in the middle of the line is the issue right now.  I just have faith in Arians to figure it out.  Sure, I could be proven wrong, but I m not wavering right now.  If this was a defensive minded HC with an OC was a recent position coach, then I would be worried.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The tackles need to stay on their feet and force DEs to the outside.  The communication in the middle of the line is the issue right now.  I just have faith in Arians to figure it out.  Sure, I could be proven wrong, but I m not wavering right now.  If this was a defensive minded HC with an OC was a recent position coach, then I would be worried.  

We're also running a pretty vanilla offense. I'd imagine there are a ton of plays we haven't shown yet. We can't put it all on tape.