Carolina v 49ers, week 1 GDT: Football is Back!

Forge

Which newcomer are you looking forward to play his first game most  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which newcomer are you looking forward to play his first game most

• Solomon Thomas
    • Reuben Foster
    • Marquise Goodwin
    • Pierre Garcon
    • George Kittle
    • Robbie Gould...because kickers are people too

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Because there is literally no rush to try and win this season. I mean, we try but not at the expense of destroying a rookies confidence or development if he's not ready. This team is bad, we all knew that.

and I think most of us on here expected Kyle to have some issues crop up.

It's not so much as to winning this season but seeing what you have at QB. If Beathard can prove over 12 games he's capable that's one thing. If he plays well over 4 games that's less to go with going into next offseason where Cousins is a bigger target. Or a high draft pick

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

A chink in the armor? He's never been a head coach, he's going to have more growing pains than anyone else in this orginaztion 

What does being a head coach have to do with anything? He's been an OC and he's acting in that capacity with us as well. 

Just now, Forge said:

But you can get worse. And Beathard doesn't exactly have a great feel for the pocket...I'd be a little concerned about destroying that kid with this line right now. 

+1. Any progress he could make would mean nothing with this roster 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Everything we done has been subpar...it's a natural fit. 

Did you get off that from following espn gamecast?????

Shanny has some explaining to do. Why did we go away from the run game after the first quarter? I'm talking before the game became a blowout? That was the only thing working for us and then it just vanishes. 

Just now, 48 1/2ers said:

It's not so much as to winning this season but seeing what you have at QB. If Beathard can prove over 12 games he's capable that's one thing. If he plays well over 4 games that's less to go with going into next offseason where Cousins is a bigger target. Or a high draft pick

Beathard won't even have the option to prove he's capable in 12. The team isn't good enough to be honest. Look at Goff last year. Any decision we make on a quarterback next year I Think will be completely independent of Beathard and he really doesn't factor into it. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanny has some explaining to do. Why did we go away from the run game after the first quarter? I'm talking before the game became a blowout? That was the only thing working for us and then it just vanishes. 

The only thing I missed was the back half of the second quarter. Game was on at the restaurant. Just couldn't really post much at all because that would have been rude to be on my phone the entire time lol

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hard not to agree with this. Hyde was fairly successful on the ground and we completely bailed on the run game. This may have worked in ATL where they had Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, but we just don't have the players to throw the ball around like that. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Any decision we make on a quarterback next year I Think will be completely independent of Beathard and he really doesn't factor into it. 

Nonsense, if Beathard comes in and is Dak Prescott or young Kirk Cousins then it would absolutely impact any QB decision in 2018

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

What does being a head coach have to do with anything? He's been an OC and he's acting in that capacity with us as well. 

If we're speaking purely about play calling sure, it's not been good.  But in general his game management and clock management has been bad. Being an OC for years doe snot somehow equal a smooth transition into being a HC. So when he says "chink in the armor" is to imply that he had any armor as a HC to begin with. Not just a play caller. At this point, i'm just wait and see with Shanny and I'm not liking what I see, but it's also early for everyone and there's a lot of growing that has to be done. 

But yeah, one of my bigger concerns going into this season with Shanny is if the duties of a HC and while still calling the plays would be too much. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The only thing I missed was the back half of the second quarter. Game was on at the restaurant. Just couldn't really post much at all because that would have been rude to be on my phone the entire time lol

That's good then.... Or is it good that you got to watch that trash of a game? LOL

Well....not sure what else we can do from here on out. Seattle is going to murder this offensive line. The clock management and play calling, especially the 4th down calls was really frustrating. But a massive amount of new faces, with new schemes and young players...it's going to be ugly. 

The Defense was better than expected though. Then again, I didn't have very high expectations.

Archived