Carolina v 49ers, week 1 GDT: Football is Back!

Forge

Which newcomer are you looking forward to play his first game most  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which newcomer are you looking forward to play his first game most

• Solomon Thomas
    • Reuben Foster
    • Marquise Goodwin
    • Pierre Garcon
    • George Kittle
    • Robbie Gould...because kickers are people too

If Celek and Paulsen are our starting TEs come Sunday or our only two options, they would be the least threatening TE duo possibly of all time. At least McDonald for all his flaws was a good athlete and was some what of a threat. 

I don't like when players suffer hammy injuries. Both Ward and Kittle have been having problems for damn near a month now. And it doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon. 

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vb37vs28iY

Forward to about 9:20. Even Goodwin thought the Hyde TD pass was supposed to go to him LOL.

Lol I still think that was to Hyde all the way. Hoyers eyes came back to him.

Goodwin's reaction to the ball is what any sane WR should do. If Hyde would have thought it was going to Goodwin and done his best Brandon Lloyd impression the ball would have bounced off his pads or been intercepted lol

duck_medium.gif

So it doesn't look good for Ward playing this week. I'm guessing Tartt will be the starting FS? Not the role that suits him the best as Jerome should probably be the starter, but the secondary will have their hands full regardless. Cam loves taking deep shots and we allowed quite a few long completions in preseason. Well, Robinson mainly did and you could bet the Panthers will test him early and often. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So it doesn't look good for Ward playing this week. I'm guessing Tartt will be the starting FS? Not the role that suits him the best as Jerome should probably be the starter, but the secondary will have their hands full regardless. Cam loves taking deep shots and we allowed quite a few long completions in preseason. Well, Robinson mainly did and you could bet the Panthers will test him early and often. 

Yeah, I figured Ward would be down. Honestly, I don't know that it wasn't the best thing anyway. He hasn't been available all preseason and he's sliding into a position he hasn't played in 4 years. May be better to gradually get him in there as he gets more practice reps there. 

I think Kittle will end up playing, but I worry about his effectiveness with that hammy. According to what I'm reading, looks like Tomlinson may not be an immediate starter on the line either, so that would mean what, Fusco and Beadles to start? 

Yes, Shanahan mentioned yesterday that Tomlinson is still learning the scheme and isn't close to being the starter yet.....Unfortunately that does mean Beadles will get the starting nod. What a fall from arguably the best run blocking guard in Iupati to Beadles a few years later. Damn you Baalke. 

On 9/7/2017 at 9:49 AM, Forge said:

Yeah, we haven't really talked about Kittle's issues. Disconcerting to say the least. Especially given that it's a hamstring - those things have a knack for sticking around entire seasons and longer. I'm hoping he's not a guy that is subject to soft tissue nagging injuries. I am really high on him, but he's got to be 100% on the field. 

Yeah. TE is going to be important to our offense and Kittle needs to get healthy and stay healthy. Same with Ward.  That deep cover safety is a key in our defensive scheme. I think having, or not having, those two guys will be an important factor.

Archived