Pre-Season Wk 3 GDT

Trentwannabe

Injury Updates: 

Quinton Spain was seen in a walking boot (to control the swelling and because of the flight) and is likely week to week with an ankle sprain of some degree.

Tre White was just a quad contusion and he will be just fine.

Levi Wallace returned to the game after his injury. 

Did I miss anyone?

Got to watch this game with co-workers at a bar yesterday evening. Don't get a lot of televised Bills games here, so this was a huge plus after a long week that just screamed for Gin & Tonics...and Bills football. Here in Nor-Cal, my co-workers are mostly 49ers and Raiders fans. I saw several quality plays, an ish-ton of penalties, and too much sloppy play. Most raved about how "impressive" the Bills looked given it was against a Belichick disciple. Nice not to be ridiculed for being a Bills fan, but most of them are not really capable of any serious discussion on the sport, so...yeah.

Looked to me that McKenzie is absolutely on the 53 and Duke did enough to make for some tough personnel decisions. If he shows vs. the Vikings, I think we will have to keep him off the practice squad. Hope it doesn't cost Foster a spot, but, to be fair, Foster really hasn't continued with the level of play we saw during the 2nd half of last season. Really don't expect to see 7 WR's, even with the dinged up TE corps, so I wouldn't be surprised if we left off a WR who'll get picked up by another team. The Raiders fans there were hoping it's McKenzie! I told them they already got Peterman and Brown! LOL

Well, 3-0, for what that's worth in the preseason. I guess I lean towards liking to see some success this time of the year, just to encourage a culture of winning, but given the playcalling one sees, IMHO it really isn't a true indicator of future success. I do believe our personnel is better overall and I want to believe Josh's game has made some true progression, but his decision-making last night was not very confidence-inspiring. I'm ready for the regular season to begin now!

On 8/24/2019 at 2:58 PM, Yibbyl said:

Got to watch this game with co-workers at a bar yesterday evening. Don't get a lot of televised Bills games here, so this was a huge plus after a long week that just screamed for Gin & Tonics...and Bills football. Here in Nor-Cal, my co-workers are mostly 49ers and Raiders fans. I saw several quality plays, an ish-ton of penalties, and too much sloppy play. Most raved about how "impressive" the Bills looked given it was against a Belichick disciple. Nice not to be ridiculed for being a Bills fan, but most of them are not really capable of any serious discussion on the sport, so...yeah.

Looked to me that McKenzie is absolutely on the 53 and Duke did enough to make for some tough personnel decisions. If he shows vs. the Vikings, I think we will have to keep him off the practice squad. Hope it doesn't cost Foster a spot, but, to be fair, Foster really hasn't continued with the level of play we saw during the 2nd half of last season. Really don't expect to see 7 WR's, even with the dinged up TE corps, so I wouldn't be surprised if we left off a WR who'll get picked up by another team. The Raiders fans there were hoping it's McKenzie! I told them they already got Peterman and Brown! LOL

Well, 3-0, for what that's worth in the preseason. I guess I lean towards liking to see some success this time of the year, just to encourage a culture of winning, but given the playcalling one sees, IMHO it really isn't a true indicator of future success. I do believe our personnel is better overall and I want to believe Josh's game has made some true progression, but his decision-making last night was not very confidence-inspiring. I'm ready for the regular season to begin now!

Foster has been dealing with a toe injury, it has been stated but I have a feeling if the bills see improvement by duke they will put Foster on IR in order to keep him for next year. Its a messed up way but could be done because a toe injury can linger through out the season at this position. As for the game play i think it was a way of daboll not showing his cards going run run pass every series and then when barkley came in it was pass pass pass. So either they wanted to work on the run protection or they didnt want to risk allen getting hurt in any situation so they didnt put stress on him moving the ball much. I think if the game plan is like this in week 1 then we all should be worried but dont see it as a big issue until that time. Daboll showed some creativeness with barkley that i expect to happen for allen come week 1. His bone head play he came out to the public and stated he was aware of his mistake and that he is lucky to make it in preseason and not in regular as he is learning from it which is a nice sign he is aware of his mess ups and took responsibility for it.

Wr and Rb depth are going to be difficult because shady, gore, yeldon, singletary, and perry (special teams) all have showed promise. Brown, Beasley, and ROberts are all locks. Zay being cut is unlikely because the savings is only a 200k and letting go of a young guys can be risky. Leaving 2 spots Foster, Duke, McKenzie and McCloud. I think McCloud goes to PSquad but keeping 7 wr is alot. 

One off the wall could be trade Shady, draft pick and Zay to the texans for clowney as Lamar Miller went down with injury and rumor is they want another WR to develop with hopkins. I doubt that happens but it can solve the problem with rb wr depth.