GDT: Preseason Week 3: Bears at Colts

malagabears

3 hours ago, malagabears said:

I was really down on Daniel as he has no pocket awareness. He was sacked twice and I suppose you could attribute some of that to horrible Oline play. I just think Bray showed a much better arm. 

Bray probably does have the better arm but Daniel knows Nagy's offense......all of it.  Once surrounded by the 1st string talent he can do more with it than Bray will ever do.  He'll have a better run game, better protection, and better timing with the receivers.

2 hours ago, malagabears said:

OK board experts whoever you are, if Nagy plays the scrubs again in tve final PS game and Bray outplays Daniel by a wide margin at QB does he get the nod at backup?

No. Nagy trusts Daniel. I think they are both subpar because they lack athletic ability.

I think Bray looks just as bad if not worse under pressure.  

Daniel would have looked just as good if not better in 2nd half with a clean pocket. 

A couple of quick thoughts before church. 

1) I wonder if media will give Pineiro some love now. They near unanimously  spent last two weeks repeating ad nauseam that true kicker isn’t on roster yet.   

2) If MT goes down we might as well tank for a draft pick rest of games.  

3) We are in real trouble if Massie or Leno gets hurt.  Kind of got lost in all TE talk.  You can live with out a TE, you can’t live without an OT.

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Via dictation:  Bars first series at LT he did  his job but didn't look good second series he looked real good  third series it was a mixed bag had some good and bad  but he did his job   Fourth series he was OK he missed a block Bottom line is his man never made a tackle

This is with zero practice or prep at the position. Not bad. At worst he could not get your QB killed in a pinch. That’s got a TON of value to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

1) I wonder if media will give Pineiro some love now. They near unanimously  spent last two weeks repeating ad nauseam that true kicker isn’t on roster yet.  

I think the chances of that are pretty low. Outside of some fans they’re the only ones who keep saying he’s under the gun and inferring that his place on the roster is far more questionable than it probably really is. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soulman said:

Bray probably does have the better arm but Daniel knows Nagy's offense......all of it.  Once surrounded by the 1st string talent he can do more with it than Bray will ever do.  He'll have a better run game, better protection, and better timing with the receivers.

TBF Bray has been with Nagy just the same amount of time. All three went to KC in 2013 and have been together since.

Regardless though Daniel has more of a reputation and while his gamefilm is ridiculously small over his 9-10 years in the league he has much more experience in practice and game situations. Daniel will get the nod, but I don't think the gap between the two is really substantial. He isn't a McCown, Fitzpatrick or someone who is a solid spot starter, he is more on Glennon's level. Mid to low tier #2 at best. His normal game play is probably right between his solid DET game and his on-field abortion vs NYG.

Both of their values are as much off the field though.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

3) We are in real trouble if Massie or Leno gets hurt.  Kind of got lost in all TE talk.  You can live with out a TE, you can’t live without an OT.

At this point I think if one went down you have to kick out either Long or Whitehair. OGs are easier to plug and play than OTs. I'd feel way more comfortable with Bars/Coward/Clemmins on the inside than protecting against speed rushers on the EDGE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

TBF Bray has been with Nagy just the same amount of time. All three went to KC in 2013 and have been together since.

Regardless though Daniel has more of a reputation and while his gamefilm is ridiculously small over his 9-10 years in the league he has much more experience in practice and game situations. Daniel will get the nod, but I don't think the gap between the two is really substantial. He isn't a McCown, Fitzpatrick or someone who is a solid spot starter, he is more on Glennon's level. Mid to low tier #2 at best. His normal game play is probably right between his solid DET game and his on-field abortion vs NYG.

Both of their values are as much off the field though.

Be that as it may I'll still take Daniel over Bray once the starters are playing.

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

1) I think things will settle down, at least. Don't know about "love".

2) Depends for how long he goes down. We can win games with Daniel and Bray, and higher draft picks are more expensive. No reason to tank, unless you're looking for another QB...

3) There are SOME options. No need to get that worked up. There's still final cutdowns and stuff, too. Or they could make a trade.

And...

Wait. They actually let you attend a church? B|

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

At this point I think if one went down you have to kick out either Long or Whitehair. OGs are easier to plug and play than OTs. I'd feel way more comfortable with Bars/Coward/Clemmins on the inside than protecting against speed rushers on the EDGE.

I don’t see either of those as a real option tbh. The interior of our OL Whitehair-Daniels-Long is an absolute asset I don’t think they’d mess with at all. Besides neither Long or Whitehair has played tackle in years. What makes you so sure they'd be any better than Bars was yesterday? I wouldn’t want to weaken two positions. Especially when you can help an inexperienced OT out with TE and RB help, move the pocket, etc. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t see either of those as a real option tbh. The interior of our OL Whitehair-Daniels-Long is an absolute asset I don’t think they’d mess with at all. Besides neither Long or Whitehair has played tackle in years. What makes you so sure they'd be any better than Bars was yesterday? I wouldn’t want to weaken two positions. Especially when you can help an inexperienced OT out with TE and RB help, move the pocket, etc. 

Hub said he was told in an emergency that Whitehair would play LT.

Bars should be made ready as well if their is a long term Leno injury.

• Like 1