Week 3 Preseason DEN @ LAR Gameday & Postgame Thread

Broncofan

DEN sitting almost all of our starters with the rash of injuries.  

LAR sits almost every starter for the entire PS since McVay took over.  

So we look for several depth issues for more info: 

1.  Backup QB.   

2.  Depth OL. 

3.  ILB (a huge issue so far)

4.  Battles for the last position (RB/WR/CB).

5.  ST progress for both coverage (Wadman should be playing for his job the next 2 weeks - punting is one of the few spots that preseason games still show true performance with subs) and figuring out who our return guys are going to be. 

Really that’s it though.  Crazy that week 3 is no longer the rehearsal game with 1H / 3Q of starters playing.   Times are a’ changing. 

Didn't watch, not upset I didn't watch. Clearly a nothing burger. I'm more interested in the regular season. There's been flashes, but I'm not expecting a run to the playoffs. If we go 8-8 but look competent in the meantime, and play hard, I'll consider that a W.

Watched the condensed version (all the plays, but no analysis). I wasn't concentrating as much as I normally would, but the biggest takeaway was DeMarcus Walker for me. I had totally given up on him coming into the year and he's been really good this preseason, especially last night. He's played himself onto this roster (in part due to him, in part due to our woeful depth at DT in our Nickel package).

I don't know if local media have mentioned, but Mike Purcell impressed me too. I am guessing Purcell's play was what lead to Zach Kerr's release, so he may also have played his way on to the roster.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Watched the condensed version (all the plays, but no analysis). I wasn't concentrating as much as I normally would, but the biggest takeaway was DeMarcus Walker for me. I had totally given up on him coming into the year and he's been really good this preseason, especially last night. He's played himself onto this roster (in part due to him, in part due to our woeful depth at DT in our Nickel package).

I don't know if local media have mentioned, but Mike Purcell impressed me too. I am guessing Purcell's play was what lead to Zach Kerr's release, so he may also have played his way on to the roster.

I've read Purcell had a 91 pff grade this preseason.