Justin Evans taken off PUP

bucsfan333

I renember Tanard Jackson came off a long suspension, pretty sure started the previous season under Rah, and balled out right away, no training camp.  What a waste of talent Tanard, he should have made some serious money as a player 

Glad Evans is back, got a feeling that heel problem was more serious then reported.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I renember Tanard Jackson came off a long suspension, pretty sure started the previous season under Rah, and balled out right away, no training camp.  What a waste of talent Tanard, he should have made some serious money as a player 

Glad Evans is back, got a feeling that heel problem was more serious then reported.

As long as he's finally 100%, I'm good. BA has been vocal about guys missing time and needing to be out there though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ravishingone said:

T-Jack was special. Dude was playing all pro ball as a rookie. He could tackle and cover well. Evans doesnt do neither well. I’ll give him a pass for the coverage grades due to scheme and inept coaching...however him taking bad angles and missing tackles when he was healthy isnt acceptable

6 hours ago, indifference said:

T-Jack was special. Dude was playing all pro ball as a rookie. He could tackle and cover well. Evans doesnt do neither well. I’ll give him a pass for the coverage grades due to scheme and inept coaching...however him taking bad angles and missing tackles when he was healthy isnt acceptable

Tanard cane into the league with a coaching staff of Kiffin, Morris, and Jimmy Lake.  Evans had Smith, Maxie, and Hoke.  

I m not backing off my position coaching matters.  No way that slop that represented coaching to Evans brought the best out of him.  My concern going fwd is that injuries will curtail Evans career.  Tanard couldn t keep away from the bong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Tanard cane into the league with a coaching staff of Kiffin, Morris, and Jimmy Lake.  Evans had Smith, Maxie, and Hoke.  

I m not backing off my position coaching matters.  No way that slop that represented coaching to Evans brought the best out of him.  My concern going fwd is that injuries will curtail Evans career.  Tanard couldn t keep away from the bong.

So having a bad DB coach leads to bad angles in run pursuit and miss tackles?

Please dont discredit T Jack. Yes coaching matter but people were aware of his ability. He fell to us due to character concerns. Mayock called him steal of draft. He just was simply a better prospect coming out call a spade a spade. Evans was always a project coming into the league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, indifference said:

So having a bad DB coach leads to bad angles in run pursuit and miss tackles?

Please dont discredit T Jack. Yes coaching matter but people were aware of his ability. He fell to us due to character concerns. Mayock called him steal of draft. He just was simply a better prospect coming out call a spade a spade. Evans was always a project coming into the league.

When you place your safeties so far back, what is a good angle?  Jackson was a 4th rd pick, so no he wasn t considered a better prospect in his draft yr.  In fact, the Bucs drafted Gaines Adams, Sears, Sabby the GOAT, and Quincy Black ahead of him.  You do realize Syracuse was a 4 win team during his last season?  Going to suggest there was more to Tanard s draft slide being more then character. In fact, if you look at his stats from Syracuse, quite frankly he was a JAG.     He was able to out perform his draft position in part to his own ability (good for him) and coaching. 

If he can get back on the field, I would suggest holding judgment on what Evans truly is until he plays for Bowles as opposed to an in over his head DC in Mike Smith.  He may never be more then a back up, let s just see how the season unfolds.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

When you place your safeties so far back, what is a good angle?  Jackson was a 4th rd pick, so no he wasn t considered a better prospect in his draft yr.  In fact, the Bucs drafted Gaines Adams, Sears, Sabby the GOAT, and Quincy Black ahead of him.  You do realize Syracuse was a 4 win team during his last season?  Going to suggest there was more to Tanard s draft slide being more then character. In fact, if you look at his stats from Syracuse, quite frankly he was a JAG.     He was able to out perform his draft position in part to his own ability (good for him) and coaching. 

If he can get back on the field, I would suggest holding judgment on what Evans truly is until he plays for Bowles as opposed to an in over his head DC in Mike Smith.  He may never be more then a back up, let s just see how the season unfolds.  

The dude gets paid millions of dollars to figure that out. Lets not make excuses for him bc not every single snap he was playing 20 yards off the LOS. I’ve seen him whiff and take bad angles playing close too so its really moot.

Just because he went in the 4th round does not mean he is considered a worse prospect than Evans. He dropped that far due to character concerns. Jackson was a second round talent. Mayock called him the steal of the draft for a reason. Yes he was a CB/S tweener but he showed a nose for the football despite being an average ATH in college.

Said I would hold judgment on his coverage skills just off the mere fact of the scheme itself. However I doubt he becomes this good tackler especially with missing so much time. We’d best to work him in as the third guy before taking snaps away.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, indifference said:

The dude gets paid millions of dollars to figure that out. Lets not make excuses for him bc not every single snap he was playing 20 yards off the LOS. I’ve seen him whiff and take bad angles playing close too so its really moot.

Just because he went in the 4th round does not mean he is considered a worse prospect than Evans. He dropped that far due to character concerns. Jackson was a second round talent. Mayock called him the steal of the draft for a reason. Yes he was a CB/S tweener but he showed a nose for the football despite being an average ATH in college.

Said I would hold judgment on his coverage skills just off the mere fact of the scheme itself. However I doubt he becomes this good tackler especially with missing so much time. We’d best to work him in as the third guy before taking snaps away.

If we agree the coaching staffs since Gruden/Kiffen have sucked, not making excuses for a player, merely acknowledging more effective coaching can bring better results from a player.  Will Evans be better, I have no idea going fwd, just hope he stays healthy.

I m encouraged this defensive  coaching staff can make a difference because VHIII and Davis look better so far this year, then last.  Heck, right now MJ Stewart is the starting nickel CB.  Is it safe to assume they just didn t figure it out by themselves ? Good discussion 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Glad to see Evans getting reps, hoping his body can hold up.  Actually something to watch during this dreadful preseason game.  😀

I hope he does get to play. And I hope it's obvious he's better than everyone else playing.