Preseason vs Texans

Runaway Jim

43 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

So should we have LEGIT hope in Taco? or is it closer to fool's gold??

I have never given up on Taco, and a big part of that was because he was a late bloomer at Michigan. He had as many sacks in his last year with the Wolverines as he did in the first 3. Obviously he has great length and a big frame. I wasn't sure he would get the opportunity this year with Quinn coming in, but now that he is suspended, I expect Taco opposite Tank day 1 with a chance to make something of himself.

Of course, he won't get to play the Texans LT every week.

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I have never given up on Taco, and a big part of that was because he was a late bloomer at Michigan. He had as many sacks in his last year with the Wolverines as he did in the first 3. Obviously he has great length and a big frame. I wasn't sure he would get the opportunity this year with Quinn coming in, but now that he is suspended, I expect Taco opposite Tank day 1 with a chance to make something of himself.

Of course, he won't get to play the Texans LT every week.

No...but he will get to face some subpar tackles to open the season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, D82 said:

No...but he will get to face some subpar tackles to open the season.

If he comes out and has 2 or 3 sacks, and few other splash plays in the first few games, I can see Robert Quinn all of a sudden pushed into that rotational role. This is a big "if" though.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

If he comes out and has 2 or 3 sacks, and few other splash plays in the first few games, I can see Robert Quinn all of a sudden pushed into that rotational role. This is a big "if" though.

To expand on what I just said in the other thread, I wouldn’t be shocked if Quinn comes off the bench regardless. Add in Gregory at some point and you’re starting to look like 2013 Seattle (who brought Avril and Bennett off the bench)

• Like 1