Texans’ RB Lamar Miller being carted off with left knee injury.

Steelersfan43

Don't expect a big name - Lamar Miller maintained his starting job because he was a very good pass protector in the backfield, and anyone picked up will have to do that at a pretty high level.

Given the Texans already coughed up a 3rd round pick for Duke Johnson, I highly doubt there will be a trade. A post cut casualty (Carlos Hyde, TJ Yeldon) or a current street FA (Jay Ajayi) will probably be the response.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Make no mistake, this is a season ending injury.

twitter doc thinks it could be MCL sprain, but honestly i wouldnt be surprised if it were a tear

Edited by tab

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

Damn. Feel for him.

Who's next up at RB for ya'll?

Duke Johnson should get the next shot, and then you're looking at Karan Higdon Jr and Dameara Crockett, both UDFA guys. 

Someone will be added, but it won't be a flashy name. I'm nearly certain they'll add a guy after cut downs (Yeldon, Hyde, Rex Burkhead, Jerick McKinnon one of the Philly guys...)

Pass blocking is the most important quality of guys they'll be adding. How do they do picking up the blitz, or chipping on the edge with a RB? That guy gets priority.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tab said:

twitter doc thinks it could be MCL sprain, but honestly i wouldnt be surprised if it were a tear

With the way the knee "yaws" inside, I have a tough time believing he didn't tear his meniscus at the least - that's a tricky injury because it's such a large area inside the knee.

The "CL" ligaments are all really small ligaments, but the meniscus is pretty big in comparison - no easy way to repair it.

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sucks for Miller! Curious if the Texans call about any of the 400 RB currently on the Eagles roster not named Hiward, Sanders and Sproles? Only 3 guaranteed a roster spot baring a crazy offer. 

Why trade for one when you're going to cut 397 of them? 

• Like 2