Texans’ RB Lamar Miller being carted off with left knee injury.

Steelersfan43

28 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

clowney for gordon and a pick i would do it.

No. Chargers don't need Clowney (Ingram and Bosa are better anyways) and Gordon is vastly overrated. One season over 4.0 ypc, one season over 1,000 and one season with a full 16 games.

I'm positive you're wasting assets for Gordon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

To secure their services before the FA bidding war begins? No guarantees after cut. Not asking for much, Box of Bon Bons, Juicy Fruits, anything?

There's going to be no bidding war for Corey Clement or Wendall Smallwood... c'mon man. Jordan Howard? Maybe. But the rest are roster fodder anywhere, not just in Philly. Even if there's a bidding war, how many teams are offering a RB1 spot on their depth chart right now? If you're a RB in need of a job, Houston just became your #1 destination. You're going to get carries, you're going to be in an offense that'll rarely get any stacked boxes because you can't stack the box with DeAndre Hopkins on the field.

The RB market is oversaturated as is - chances are, there will be about 5-6 RBs with a more proven track record that are about to hit the market (Carlos Hyde, Rex Burkhead, TJ Yeldon) and chances are we'll probably see a few surprise cuts as well (Shady McCoy, Adrian Peterson, Jerick McKinnon, etc).

Is there going to be a 1,000 yard guy in that group? Probably not, but it isn't like that's a requirement for this offense.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Rough injury. Hopefully he fully heals after a year off.

It'll be interesting to see what the market bares for him - Miller is a FA next off-season, and a contract with the Texans wasn't really set in stone. It's exceedingly rare to see a RB get a 3rd contract (not all of em are Frank Gore or Adrian Peterson) so we'll see what happens...

Just now, ET80 said:

It'll be interesting to see what the market bares for him - Miller is a FA next off-season, and a contract with the Texans wasn't really set in stone. It's exceedingly rare to see a RB get a 3rd contract (not all of em are Frank Gore or Adrian Peterson) so we'll see what happens...

I'm not a big fan of his as a player tbh. I think he'll settle as a depth guy, which he should've been anyways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm not a big fan of his as a player tbh. I think he'll settle as a depth guy, which he should've been anyways.

Neither am I - he's a good RB, but I wasn't overly impressed with him outside of the things you don't notice. He was a team leader, good locker room guy and he was very good at picking up the odd blitzer in pass protection.

That's probably what's going to be missed the most, the pass blocking.

29 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What the hell man. Wisconsin running backs in the NFL never bust

I have a two year stint with Ron Dayne as a starting RB for the Texans, so don't you tell me anything about Wisconsin RBs.

THIS guy broke Ricky's record!? THIS guy!?