College Football 2019-20 prospect related

KingTitan

A lot of Love's interceptions are the right decision and the accuracy was just bad. The guy was open by NFL standards and it was underthrown and picked.

I don't think accuracy is something that drastically improves once you get to the NFL.

He has a lot of zip on the ball. I just don't think you can coach accuracy and it shows up even more in the NFL when you have to put it where only your guy can get it because people aren't wide open often.

48 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

4 tapes in I finally found one where he looks like a 1st round pick. Fresno St 2019.

You just have to ignore the bad LSU, Colorado St, and Wake Forest 2019 games where he threw multiple picks in each lol.

Lol this is bad. 

Just ignore half the games and you got something! 😂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, -Hope- said:

love would be totally at odds with our prevailing draft philosophy of getting guys with consistent production and year-by-year improvement. not saying that we won't throw a curveball, but it would surprise me.

16 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

17 INTS this season though? My god.... what the hell happened. Had a great year last year but definitely I troy went way down hill this season.

If we had say, Andy Reid on our staff, I wouldn't hate it.  But with problems as big as Love's, you need a proven QB developer on your staff to make it work.  The Titans don't have that, and Love has zero vision, and pretty poor pocket awareness.

But then again, bIg ArM qB tHrOw BaLlS fAr!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So far I’ve seen mocks with Marlon Davidson(IDL/Bigger EDGE, Neville Gallimore(IDL) Josh Jones(OT), K’Lavon Chaisson(Edge), Jeff Gladney(CB), and Noah Iginoghene(CB) as the guys mocked consistently early on. 

chaisson seems like he fits the profile for a front 7 player for us. athletic, versatile, high motor, needs to clean up his technique.

8 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Jordan Love will be developed into a damn solid starting QB. Mark those words.

I don’t see it, why you can’t teach accuracy Trubisky Locker, kaepernick VY, only QB’s successful with accuracy issues are premier runners Lamar, Vick, & cam & it still come down to playing from the pocket  

15 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I don’t see it, why you can’t teach accuracy Trubisky Locker, kaepernick VY, only QB’s successful with accuracy issues are premier runners Lamar, Vick, & cam & it still come down to playing from the pocket  

His accuracy is not the issue. There was even a thread on twitter highlighting several perfectly placed balls over multiple games that were just straight up dropped. He misreads the field sometimes or relies too much on his arm to make the throw. Those are flaws too, but they can be corrected, or at least masked by his arm talent, if he's given the chance to be properly teached how to use it and a system to allow it to make up for the occasional lapse in judgement or his arm letting him down. He definitely doesn't deserve to be placed in the same tier with Locker or Kaepernick. Even if the end product of his last year in college wasn't good, he's not as raw of a passer. And FWIW, Trubisky came out of college as a very accurate passer. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

His accuracy is not the issue. There was even a thread on twitter highlighting several perfectly placed balls over multiple games that were just straight up dropped. He misreads the field sometimes or relies too much on his arm to make the throw. Those are flaws too, but they can be corrected, or at least masked by his arm talent, if he's given the chance to be properly teached how to use it and a system to allow it to make up for the occasional lapse in judgement or his arm letting him down. He definitely doesn't deserve to be placed in the same tier with Locker or Kaepernick. Even if the end product of his last year in college wasn't good, he's not as raw of a passer. And FWIW, Trubisky came out of college as a very accurate passer. 

And who on the Titans' staff has any history of developing QBs?

Also, I think you really underestimate how big of a flaw having no field vision is.  That's not something that is easily fixed in QBs, and I can't remember there ever being a prospect as raw as Love is in that field ever developing into a viable starter.  That's where his accuracy issues and largely, his decisionmaking problems seem to stem from.  He's got a great arm, but the NFL is going to be even less forgiving than college was to those flaws.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Accuracy is absolutely a massive issue for him. I watched 5 cut ups of his and there were a number of times where he threw an interception to an open WR just because he underthrew him or left the ball too far inside.

You want to bring up WR drops, but on top of the 7 INTs he threw in 3 of the games I watched, there were a number of dropped INTs. As high as his interception total was in 2019, it could have been much higher.

Accuracy is not a characteristic where you can highlight the good and say "See he's accurate". Accuracy is about consistently putting the ball where you are intending it to be, and there is just way too much evidence suggesting that he can not do that on a consistent basis.

He has great zip, and a quicker release and better touch on the ball than Locker or Kap, but accuracy isn't something that generally improves drastically in the NFL. 

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

Sitting here doing my homework as I’m getting ready to do a mock draft. Guys I encourage all of you to watch film on this kid seriously. 1st off he’s tall, long arms, very fluid & plays physical with good technique. He can play inside,outside & in the run game, the kid sticks his hat in there & wraps up. He has ball skills & he can play zone & man well. He has top 20 talent but had some character problems 1 time at OHST, but hopefully he interviews well & is past that. His skillset reminds me a lot of Aqib Talib only he’s a lil more fluid turning his hips. The kid is a dawg at corner & at 29th pick I think he’ll be a steal