College Football 2019-20 prospect related

KingTitan

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Not at all he made my point on how I feel about love. I don’t hate him but I’m afraid to draft him because we don’t develop QB’s. I agree with his take on this 1. Certain QB’s fail because of their franchise & coaching. As I’ve been saying, we don’t have a QB guru coach or offensive mind genius. 

For sure. That's probably the biggest factor when a QB has all the tools.  I just question whether Love does have all the tools.  He's just so fundamentally flawed that he needs a ton of development.  Granted, those flaws get worked out, he'll be a machine, but it's a high-reward extremely-high-risk pick, and he's gonna need benching for a while to develop.

I just hope Fromm's stock keeps dropping.  I really think he'll be a high end backup you can trust not to lose a game.  And we need a QB for backup purposes, whatever may happen with Tannehill.

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

If we skip resigning Henry, taking a RB in round 1 would be stupid. You either decide RB is a priority and sign Henry or you decide it's not and go with a RB by committee with less value guys.

This is my bigger point. The offense, as it stands today, doesn't operate with a RB by committee. It's a Big Dog RB offense. Someone who carries the load. 

If they don't bring back Henry, I think they HAVE to draft a RB in round 1 or 2. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Josh Norris new mock had us taking OT Ezra Cleveland who had a phenomenal combine.

1 hour ago, Bloeddyr said:

Dane Brugler as well. He also had us taking Jacob Eason in the second and Damon Arnette in the third.

That seems like an overreaction to a good combine. Admittedly, the Boise St tape I have watched was for Weaver. Just hard for me to imagine that he’s the best OT on the board at 29.

I wouldn’t hate Eason in the second and Damon Arnette in the third, but Eason is likely more of a project than our staff is prepared for.

On 3/4/2020 at 8:25 PM, KingTitan said:

This is my bigger point. The offense, as it stands today, doesn't operate with a RB by committee. It's a Big Dog RB offense. Someone who carries the load. 

If they don't bring back Henry, I think they HAVE to draft a RB in round 1 or 2. 

2 is fine. I just think if you're going to say it's a big enough priority that you're going to invest a round 1 pick in it, you might as well just pay who you got.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

2 is fine. I just think if you're going to say it's a big enough priority that you're going to invest a round 1 pick in it, you might as well just pay who you got.

But if they are smart, contract wise, they would do it in the 1st so they get the extra year. Then after 5 years go back in the pool again for another RB.  That's the only way to avoid putting money into the position.