KingTitan

College Football 2019-20 prospect related

Baun is my favorite prospect in that late 1st range... And with Clowney up in the air, he could remain a target, especially if we bring Ryan back. CB and OT could still be targets, but I'm all in on Baun... 

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yikes!!!

Don't worry, we're trading back anyway.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

McShay latest mock had us taking Yatur Gross-Matos in the 1st and Isaiah Wilson in the 2nd. Damn good mock

Eh.  While I love YGM, and like Wilson, I'm not so sure we target a tackle that early now unless the value is too high to ignore.  We still need help at corner and DT, and it's hard for me to imagine that one of similar value to Wilson wasn't available there.

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yikes!!!

All the more reason to trade for a proven player...ahem *Chris Jones*....

On 22.02.2020 at 4:51 AM, TitanSS said:

No offense taken, but 61% completion percentage in college is probably below average. I don't think that number just automatically suggests an accurate passer at all. Vince Young completed over 65% of his passes his final season in Texas. Again, completion percentage does not equal accuracy. You don't have to trust my unprofessional opinion, but I believe it has a much greater chance of being right than yours on this topic.

What is the rate of college QBs who's completion percentage actually gets better in the NFL? I would wager that the majority of them actually see their completion percentage dimish. 

Lamar Jackson being basically the only example of the exception, and he is in an offense where he is a runner first and a thrower second. Your basing your judgement on Love's chances at improving on the exception, not the rule. 

Lamar Jackson still isn't an accurate passer. He plays in an offense where his throwing lanes were open because he was a runner first and a thrower second. The Titans plugged the middle of the field and made Jackson throw outside the hashes and he was horribly inaccurate. Both of his interceptions were a result of him throwing inaccurate balls. Byard's was incredibly high and barely touched by Andrews. Vaccaro's was an out route where the ball was left wayyyy inside.

I'm sorry, but as much as it hurts to admit, there is no way that Lamar Jackson isn't an accurate NFL thrower. Yes, he's an incredibly gifted runner, but he has developed into a just as good of a pocket passer. He can throw with rhythm, to all levels of the field and into tight windows. 

Time will tell on Love. I still think he is well worth a 1st round pick.

5 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

I'm sorry, but as much as it hurts to admit, there is no way that Lamar Jackson isn't an accurate NFL thrower. Yes, he's an incredibly gifted runner, but he has developed into a just as good of a pocket passer. He can throw with rhythm, to all levels of the field and into tight windows. 

Time will tell on Love. I still think he is well worth a 1st round pick.

Lamar isn’t an accurate passer, did you not watch the pro bowl skills challenge. Throwing to wide open guys, 70% of the time doesn’t mean you’re accurate. He struggles throwing outside the #’s throwing WR’s open. His completion % is up because he’s such a threat running the ball he sucks LB in & get a lot of wide open passing windows