College Football 2019-20 prospect related

KingTitan

EDGE is obviously our #1 priority, but what positions are our next biggest needs? (Assuming Tannehill, Henry, Conklin, and Ryan are brought back. Those obviously shoot up there with OLB if any of them aren't retained)

1. EDGE

2. #2 RB

3. CB depth

4. OT depth ( Assuming Kelly goes elsewhere)

5. TE (Assuming Walker's career is nearly over)

Outside of EDGE, are our biggest needs in the draft really going to be depth players? Honestly, I'm not I could even rank anything after #3. We definitely need CB depth as our CBs age and Sims could be gone. 

A #2 RB is actually a pretty big one to be as if anything were to happen to Henry this year our offense looks completely different. I think we could see it as early as the 2nd round if a good back falls. Am I dumb in thinking this? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TitanSS said:

EDGE is obviously our #1 priority, but what positions are our next biggest needs? (Assuming Tannehill, Henry, Conklin, and Ryan are brought back. Those obviously shoot up there with OLB if any of them aren't retained)

1. EDGE

2. #2 RB

3. CB depth

Outside of EDGE, are our biggest needs in the draft really going to be depth players? Honestly, I'm not I could even rank anything after #3. We definitely need CB depth as our CBs age and Sims could be gone. 

A #2 RB is actually a pretty big one to be as if anything were to happen to Henry this year our offense looks completely different. I think we could see it as early as the 2nd round if a good back falls. Am I dumb in thinking this? 

I would definitely take a back in the 2nd if all other needs are taking care of. RB class this year is loaded. Could easily get Etienne(speed speed speed), Cam Akers,  Zack Moss (underrated), or even Taylor. My favorite RB is Swift but I don’t think he makes it out of the 1st

5 hours ago, TitanSS said:

1. EDGE

2. #2 RB

3. CB depth

You pretty much hit it. Edge is by far the biggest need after those resignings. Highly doubt we have much cap left to target a top edge guy in FA after those resignings. Would love to go into the draft for once with no pressing needs. Just BPA basically every round. Obviously there would be needs like a CB especially with Adoree on his last year of his deal and maybe even receiver with Davis on his last year. Still think we need a legitimate speed receiver to stretch this offense unless anyone is comfortable with Batson and Ratliff going forward? Getting a guy like Riggs or Smith from Bama would be something special for this offense. Plus the interior depth of the OL definitely needs an upgrade of talent. I’d say....

1.) Edge

2.) Receiver with legit speed

3.) OL depth and competition

4.) CB

5.) RB2

Definitely going to need a backup QB too with Tannehill’s injury history. Do they target a talent like Tua if he falls due to the injury or...

8 hours ago, TitanSS said:

1. EDGE

2. #2 RB

3. CB depth

No, I've been thinking for a while as well that we could use a 2nd RB, and might target one early if the right one falls. A good change of pace back that could also catch should be a nice boost.

I'd also add a RG to the list. I'm not 100% sold on Davis settling there. I'd also consider the upcoming end of Davis' and Jackson's rookie contracts. If they value Adoree more, which they frankly should, I'd like to plan for the replacement of Davis this upcoming offseason. It looks like a very loaded WR class to pick from. I'd even consider it in the 1st, at the right value.

11 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Are you suggesting we won't resign Conklin, Ryan, Henry?

I'm assuming you're just saying they're not under contract, but I actually think we bring all of them and Tannehill back next year leaving just OLB on that list.

Right, that’s why I said before free agency. I don’t think we bring back either Henry or Conklin, myself. Just signing Tannehill, Kelly, and Ryan will eat up a chunk of our cap, and then we still need to be ready to extend Jayon Brown.

Then there are the depth signings, which there are quite a few of. We need a backup QB if we don’t draft one, and signings to replace Sims, Pamphile, Sharpe, and Johnson/Dickerson.

We can get some of that in the draft, but I don’t think we have the cap space to cover all of that. But who knows, I could be wrong.

14 hours ago, TitanSS said:

1. EDGE

2. #2 RB

3. CB depth

A WR that can take the top off defenses would be nice to have. Raymond is cool and all but we can find someone better in the draft

I agree with everyone on a deep threat WR with legitimate speed. It's something the Rams always made sure they had and I think it's an important function of this offense and Davis doesn't really fit that role.

While I would like to add one early with some good speed guys being available, I'm not sure about taking one in round 1 with investments in AJ Brown, Davis, and Humphries still being on the roster. Davis could likely be gone after next year and Humphries may be as soon as they can dump his contract because of how seldom they use him, which definitely makes it tempting, but I'd have to really like that WR as a better player overall than any EDGE that we could take in the first to consider them.

I think getting an EDGE player is just too important for next year, and with the contracts we're going to have in the secondary, I think it's important that they player come in the draft.

That said, we know our front office has mentioned before that the draft isn't about next year but 2-3 years down the road, so if they feel like they've seen all there is to see from Davis, WR becomes even more valid in round 1. So I guess I'm torn there. Depends on what is available.

For our #2 RB, I think it would be ideal to find someone who could be a receiving threat, but isn't necessarily a smaller, shifty guy. Someone that would be capable of taking all of the RB snaps if Henry went down without us having to change a lot in the offense.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1